2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Will that patch include the Unstable Powder fix? That is also asked for as an assignment (Gate Crystals 101) but not listed in the crafting menus.

[BUG] It's possible to get a 'black screen' ending when the nekomata defeat you in the pollen field. It happened when I was knocked out immediately after 'satisfying' one of the nekomata. I would suggest a 3 second 'no contact/no attack' break after being yiffed to allow players to run away (and possibly avoid this bug).
I'll make sure they're both fixed! Thanks for letting me know about them! I thought the powder one was working but I guess it never properly got fixed.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
I'll make sure they're both fixed! Thanks for letting me know about them! I thought the powder one was working but I guess it never properly got fixed.
One thing I've just noticed is that if you defeat the nekomata in the pollen field with Wind Shield on (much easier!) then it isn't possible to turn Wind Shield off. That means you start the werewolf dungeon with very little mana. Probably combat buffs (like Enhance, Basic Shield, Wind Shield) should automatically turn off when you leave combat mode.

Oh, a small bug with the Elemental Training rooms. The game doesn't reset the training counter after you go to the class you needed to train for. e.g. If you train once in the Lightning room then you will always have one training completed no matter how many courses you take that need lightning training.

[EDIT] Hmm, apparently you still need to train at least once, though? I'll check more.

Last edited:
Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
One thing I've just noticed is that if you defeat the nekomata in the pollen field with Wind Shield on (much easier!) then it isn't possible to turn Wind Shield off. That means you start the werewolf dungeon with very little mana. Probably combat buffs (like Enhance, Basic Shield, Wind Shield) should automatically turn off when you leave combat mode.

Oh, a small bug with the Elemental Training rooms. The game doesn't reset the training counter after you go to the class you needed to train for. e.g. If you train once in the Lightning room then you will always have one training completed no matter how many courses you take that need lightning training.
Thanks for these, they really help!
The training room one is, I think, supposed to be that way. The training sessions are sequential, with the multiplier on skill damage starting at 1.0 and going up in value by .1 each threshold of training (1, 3, 5, can't remember the rest and it's unfinished...)

Might be a little confusing with the dialog and quest text, I'll see if I can fix it to make it more clear. (or see if I can tweak the numbers around easily if I can't)

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Might be a little confusing with the dialog and quest text, I'll see if I can fix it to make it more clear. (or see if I can tweak the numbers around easily if I can't)
I think it is the TEXT in the assignment information page that is wrong. It shows as "4 / 3 Trainings completed" but it should actually be "1 / 3" or "0 / 3" or whatever depending on how many you have done.

[EDIT] Oh, minor bug. When you write papers you can write more if you are in your bedroom than if you are in the library. (I can write one page, twice, in my room but only one page in the library)

P.S. Could we please have the maps extended? It's a real pain trying to find the training areas (Lightning, right now)

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I think it is the TEXT in the assignment information page that is wrong. It shows as "4 / 3 Trainings completed" but it should actually be "1 / 3" or "0 / 3" or whatever depending on how many you have done.

[EDIT] Oh, minor bug. When you write papers you can write more if you are in your bedroom than if you are in the library. (I can write one page, twice, in my room but only one page in the library)

P.S. Could we please have the maps extended? It's a real pain trying to find the training areas (Lightning, right now)
Maps should be done soonish! I think the main thing that was holding me back from getting in the 3rd floor map was the fact that the third floor was so empty, but with this next update I think it will be completely done, if not pretty close to completely done! The second floor also has to be updated, for the wind wing, but that shouldn't be too much trouble since it's a single area.

The castle village will be growing soonish too, but at only two areas as of now, it's not exactly large enough to warrant its own map, and dungeons... are generally straightforward enough as to not need a map, although that may change later.

And just about done with the bugfix update too! Got everything major... I think (famous last words) but just doing a bit more testing to make sure it's all working properly.

Oh, since we're talking maps anyway, I was working on building out the map for the 3rd floor just the other day! Here's how it was all fitting together!
Floor3Map.png
(stuff subject to change, as usual)

Reactions: Anon21

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Misc: Just finished testing on this, so... I made us a server!

Windows: - -
Mac: - -

Last edited:
Reactions: International

hiltinho14

Feb 22, 2018
Hi! I am having a strange problem with the game. Usually in the second period, after choosing the new classes for the first time. The game simply crashes and corrupts the save ... Anyone else having this problem or knows a solution?

Edit: I'll download the new version and see if this error will occur again.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Hi! I am having a strange problem with the game. Usually in the second period, after choosing the new classes for the first time. The game simply crashes and corrupts the save ... Anyone else having this problem or knows a solution?

Edit: I'll download the new version and see if this error will occur again.
That looks to be the save-corrupting issue I grappled with early on in development.
It bricks save files if you save on maps with walking students for some reason, but it shouldn't be happening if you're not using the debug tool to save (which isn't needed now that a proper save routine was established to prevent the crashes).

I'm not sure of any other reason why it would crash and brick the save after choosing classes, but I'll look into it! If anyone else has had this bug, let me know as much as you can, including the actions you took before the glitch happened!

Reactions: hiltinho14

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Bug report: for whatever reason, Swordmanship 1 didn't show up in my quick travel list of classes I can go to in the morning. Mind, manually walking there and entering the classroom works just fine to take the class. If it helps, my class load is Swordmanship 1, the basic fire and water class, Recall magic, Magic Arrow 2.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Addition: after going to magical recall once, swordsmanship 1 showed up on the list as it should. I also had finished all four Magic Arrow 2 and Fire/Water classes and taken swordsmanship 1 once before that, but it was only once I took magical recall once that the bug resolved itself.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Addition: after going to magical recall once, swordsmanship 1 showed up on the list as it should. I also had finished all four Magic Arrow 2 and Fire/Water classes and taken swordsmanship 1 once before that, but it was only once I took magical recall once that the bug resolved itself.
Did it vanish entirely from the list, like, the list had one fewer option? If so I think I know what's going on and can fix it pretty easily... ish There's a plugin I started using a while ago that hides and toggles choices based on conditionals. I must have failed to clear the choices at some point after an event runs, which means that somewhere in the game there's an event that's like "Oh, yeah, never show option 2 again" and it stays that way until the game's like "Oh, show all options again" and I should probably figure out where that is.

In the meanwhile, I'll make sure to clear the choices before and after the class choice dialog comes up! That should fix attleast the immediate problem for now"

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Did it vanish entirely from the list, like, the list had one fewer option? If so I think I know what's going on and can fix it pretty easily... ish There's a plugin I started using a while ago that hides and toggles choices based on conditionals. I must have failed to clear the choices at some point after an event runs, which means that somewhere in the game there's an event that's like "Oh, yeah, never show option 2 again" and it stays that way until the game's like "Oh, show all options again" and I should probably figure out where that is.

In the meanwhile, I'll make sure to clear the choices before and after the class choice dialog comes up! That should fix attleast the immediate problem for now"
Yeah, that's exactly what happened.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Another bug: Wind Barrier appears to have ended early judging from me not having any more classes to take on day 16 and I got only a grade of 85 for it.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Looks like I got two Wind Blade 2 classes in a single class session. Might be the same bug as Wind Barrier.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Another bug: when I tried to do research for a class assignment (skipping the minigame), it told me that I could get 0 books. And I ended up stuck in the research selection menu, basically able to pick an infinite number of books but unable to get out of the menu.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I keep reporting issues, but that's because I love this game. Anyways, another one I found: took the slowness flask class and got the assignment to make slowness flasks and supposedly the recipe but the recipe doesn't show up on my recipe list and I checked under combat potions and other lists.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I keep reporting issues, but that's because I love this game. Anyways, another one I found: took the slowness flask class and got the assignment to make slowness flasks and supposedly the recipe but the recipe doesn't show up on my recipe list and I checked under combat potions and other lists.
Keep reporting them for sure, they're a great help!
I swear I fixed the slowness flask recipe issues in the latest update... But I'm guessing it's about time for me to re-start my testing file, since it's been continuous from roughly V0.6.0 and is full of bugs from me improperly updating things, or screwing with classes, etc etc.

I'll re-start my testing file and start on a proper testing playthrough to fix some of these older-running issues that I'm sure aren't showing up for me because I screwed up my saves so much.

Reactions: KMN
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes