2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is a special update! I finally decided to release a patreon!

The main reward is 1-week early access to updates!
This really shouldn't change anything in the release schedule. I usually spend a week after each release frantically fixing all the bugs, doing no other real development, then releasing a v0.x.1 to fix the errors that showed up and pushing a patch a week later.

As usual, if anyone finds any huge bugs outside of that timeframe I will absolutely do my best to debug and fix them and push out a bugfix patch.

Win: - -
Mac: - -

Last edited:
Reactions: International

Mokey

Jun 27, 2018
God, I want to like this, but the fucking map navigation is confusing as hell. I get fed up and shut it down in the first 10 minutes each time I give it a try. Consider making finding locations in the school a little less aggravating.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
can we do free mating slime and wolf/dog what ever when i want? without game over/pregnant?
There is no game over in this game. You will lose the rest of the day, but you revive at the infirmiry after defeat. That said, there's only 1 scene locked behind defeat, for slimes. A lust system controls in-battle events, ranging from traps to enemies like slimes, werewolves and nekomatas.

God, I want to like this, but the fucking map navigation is confusing as hell. I get fed up and shut it down in the first 10 minutes each time I give it a try. Consider making finding locations in the school a little less aggravating.
There are maps showing your current location on the walls near staircases, which is fairly detailed. These can help set your bearings for using the main map from the menu, which shows detailed information about each area in the castle. It takes a small bit of spatial reasoning to navigate the world, but after a while it becomes second-nature!

Much of the design behind movement and mapping was inspired by Violated Heroine's capital city, which is a sprawling city type area with tons of content.
Except I actually give the players a map to work from ;)

And also hogwarts. NGL, hogwarts as described in book one is fun as hell. I didn't go all-out (the staircases don't move, doors don't pretend to be walls, paintings don't scream at you)

But the walls are totally littered with secret passages (that probably need a bit of an update to show direction of movement... but they still work!)

Last edited:

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
But the walls are totally littered with secret passages (that probably need a bit of an update to show direction of movement... but they still work!)
What about a floating text box that appears when you get near an already discovered secret passage that states where it leads to?

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
What about a floating text box that appears when you get near an already discovered secret passage that states where it leads to?
Might be a little difficult... but that might be good!
I think I made a change an update or so ago that auto-enabled them on the map (so instead of manually turning the option to see them on, you had to turn them off

Might take a bit of work, particularly making the text react to your range, but that might be good! I'll see what I can do with that!

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Might be a little difficult... but that might be good!
I think I made a change an update or so ago that auto-enabled them on the map (so instead of manually turning the option to see them on, you had to turn them off

Might take a bit of work, particularly making the text react to your range, but that might be good! I'll see what I can do with that!
When it comes to when it shows, can't you just tie it to if you can activate it or not?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
When it comes to when it shows, can't you just tie it to if you can activate it or not?
That would be the easy way, just throw another event over it that shows where it leads...
But it would certainly be more cool to have it only show up if you were, say, 5 steps away! (also only while it's showing it)

Might be difficult, but I think I can do it, will need to run some tests....

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So how many hours of content are there currently?
That's hard to quantify entirely.

I'm up to 16 hours on my testing file, but that's including things like repeating scenes for testing, skipping through scenes or past content, not reading much of the text (or skimming it for errors but not reading it), etc etc

It also doesn't help that the game's format is sandbox, and much of the content can be repeated or skipped, including sex scenes.

Back of the napkin math
- if each day takes 10 minutes on average to complete, and each semester has 20 days, that's 3 hours per semester
- There's 60ish unique classes (I actually lost count a while ago, but rough guess), 4 classes a semester, = 15 Semesters (but you don't have to take "every" class unless you're a completionist) (for the morning/ part of the days)
- Character storylines, part time jobs, and clubs all have unique content, as do dungeons. I think that I've been keeping the content between them and the classes equal, so let's say that there's 12 semesters worth of content (rounding down cause more variable). (for the rest of the parts of the days)

And as I said, it's all optional, so let's round down further, 10 semesters worth of content.

10 x 3 = 30 hours of content...

But to be honest, I think you could reach the end of much of it much faster, as I said, my test file is up to 16 hours of playtime.

So let's say 15 hours total of content, give or take a bit.

Last edited:

dodzb

Jul 29, 2017
Hard stuck on selecting classes with no money left for a fourth. Finish selecting classes option is just the All Classes option so you cannot leave the menu.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
does the game have walkthrought or free roam?

The wiki has a bit (but not all) information on the game's systems too.

Hard stuck on selecting classes with no money left for a fourth. Finish selecting classes option is just the All Classes option so you cannot leave the menu.
You should be able to finish without selecting any classes at all, but if it's bugged I'll get right on it and fix it up!
It does get a little weird (tells you that you took (-1) as a class) but it shouldn't have any effect on gameplay.

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
I always enjoy games that are made purely out of passion, even with their lower quality art and coding they overall always end up as much more enjoyable experience compared to a lot of japanese games that got great art but just ends up boring because no effort is put anywhere else.
Emmerzail is another game with not the greatest art (especially at start) or most unique game play, but it carries itself on writing and just being overall enjoyable to play.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I'd like to make a request: is there some way you could make it possible to configure controller buttons? Right now the game uses a bunch of keyboard buttons for combat skills that aren't on the default controller mapping and the menu button is Esc too which the standard controller mapping doesn't have.

Alternatively, maybe change the controller mapping to new defaults so the game's more playable with a controller?

A big reason I use controllers is because they're easier on my wrists.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I'd like to make a request: is there some way you could make it possible to configure controller buttons? Right now the game uses a bunch of keyboard buttons for combat skills that aren't on the default controller mapping and the menu button is Esc too which the standard controller mapping doesn't have.

Alternatively, maybe change the controller mapping to new defaults so the game's more playable with a controller?

A big reason I use controllers is because they're easier on my wrists.
I'll see what I can do, but it might be kind of difficult because of the plugins I'm using being rather inflexable.
There are several hotkey-remapping programs available (last I used was JoyToKey or something like that) in the meantime.

I'll probably have to write a custom plugin to fix this, so it might be a while.

Reactions: Pink Chaos

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
I'll see what I can do, but it might be kind of difficult because of the plugins I'm using being rather inflexable.
There are several hotkey-remapping programs available (last I used was JoyToKey or something like that) in the meantime.

I'll probably have to write a custom plugin to fix this, so it might be a while.
Understood. Programming is full of all kinds of quirks, so. And, yeah, I'll probably just use JoyToKey for now.

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
So... I *just* started the game, and art aside it looks really nice. Just wanted to report a small bug i found on the first week.

After getting the tavern job, and drinking with a guy at night, we went to bed for some sex, and... for some reason, the sprite for the MC don't have half her head! It's a bit funny, but thought it would be nice to tell.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes