2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
Why is the menu button on ESCAPE? You couldn't have picked a button that is farther away from the arrow keys than that one, LOL.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Why is the menu button on ESCAPE? You couldn't have picked a button that is farther away from the arrow keys than that one, LOL.
It's an RPGmaker default, the other one (z?x? I can't remember) is being used for combat scripts and people were confused so I threw up a mini tutorial.
According to this numpad0 also works, but I can't get it to work, so Esc is the only one for now.

Trying to work on control customization, but scripting it myself has proven harder than I thought and the time investment would easily take me more time than it would likely be worth unless I can find a prebuilt one that works on the teetering pile of scripts I already have/made.

Am I missing something because the nuetral magic classroom is empty at 2/4 and I cant continue it
That's odd, is it one of the first ones? I've never had it break like that.
Check that you're at the right room perhaps? The neutral and mana manipulation classes are close by and sound similar so it would be easy to confuse.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
That's odd, is it one of the first ones? I've never had it break like that.
Check that you're at the right room perhaps? The neutral and mana manipulation classes are close by and sound similar so it would be easy to confuse.
It is the first one to do this and it has caused me to get a 50 instead of 100 in that class and it is neutral and it doesn't say anything, when you go into any of the completed ones it says "I've already completed this class." or something like that, it doesn't say anything at all for the bugged one, I just enter into a empty classroom and it continues to do it even though I chose to retae the class.

also are some classes not in game yet because I cant find the wind and lightning one.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
It is the first one to do this and it has caused me to get a 50 instead of 100 in that class and it is neutral and it doesn't say anything, when you go into any of the completed ones it says "I've already completed this class." or something like that, it doesn't say anything at all for the bugged one, I just enter into a empty classroom and it continues to do it even though I chose to retae the class.

also are some classes not in game yet because I cant find the wind and lightning one.
Really odd, which neutral classes was it? I'm going through the entire game from the start, but due to the amount of bugs I've been finding (and fixing!) I'm only on semester 3 and haven't gotten to much of anything at all yet!

As for wind and lightning, those are ingame, but the maps hadn't been updated yet with them since I have a tiny bit more to do with the third floor and second floor.

Wind is on the second floor, go left from the church. Lightning 3rd floor, south from the fire wing.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Really odd, which neutral classes was it? I'm going through the entire game from the start, but due to the amount of bugs I've been finding (and fixing!) I'm only on semester 3 and haven't gotten to much of anything at all yet!

As for wind and lightning, those are ingame, but the maps hadn't been updated yet with them since I have a tiny bit more to do with the third floor and second floor.

Wind is on the second floor, go left from the church. Lightning 3rd floor, south from the fire wing.
the first on, in semester one. it just stopped

Reactions: hgameartman

Adim2P

Sep 27, 2020
Not yet, the artwork (mostly my own skill level) doesn't quite support it yet.
Working on it though, and the goal is to have a way of doing so in the future!

Thanks, but that piece was from a guest artist which I'm occasionally working with! My own skills have improved still, but I'm not that good yet! This is my latest skill level
with similar improvements in nude forms

I still have a long way to go (limbs are still bad, head still needs some work, same with face) but I'm working on re-doing Olivia's art and trying to improve more each day!

RPGmaker MV, but I'm not surprised it doesn't work on android.
I'm using about 30 plugins, several coded by myself, so you would need some way of supporting keys z,x,c,v,a,f, and a few others, for starters (combat is a top-down action game, not a standard RPG)

I wanted to support an Android release, but, 1, I don't have an android phone (iPhone just because I haven't updated my phone since college 5 years ago), and 2, I have no idea how to get android to support the terrible code I've clashed and cobbled and written without crashing. I can barely handle it on PC (and have no idea how the MAC version works since I don't have a Mac!)
Not surprised, but interesting game tho, might download this on my pc. Joiplay just outrightly says this game isn't supported, even tho it is an MV lmfao. Ayt best of luck to the coming updates.

Reactions: hgameartman
Jun 12, 2020
Maybe i'm wrong and i should go further but these kind of map is like, "mmm boy you must delet this now before you get lost 4h trying to find the content hidden in the different choice".

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Maybe i'm wrong and i should go further but these kind of map is like, "mmm boy you must delet this now before you get lost 4h trying to find the content hidden in the different choice".
There isn't really anything blocked off by choices. The games more of a sandbox lifesim/combat RPG like rune factory, where most of the content is free to do at any time

Reactions: WampaUmpaLumpa

Rauls

Aug 3, 2017
how to get on that 2nd dungeon, which opens up on 2nd semester, I got there automatically, but they beat the c..p out of me there and now I do not remember how to return, is it on 2nd floor? 3rd floor? north? east? south? west?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
how to get on that 2nd dungeon, which opens up on 2nd semester, I got there automatically, but they beat the c..p out of me there and now I do not remember how to return, is it on 2nd floor? 3rd floor? north? east? south? west?
Directly left(west) of the nurse's offices on the first floor. Navigation does get easier over time, and maps are still being built for the 3rd floor and to finish up the remaining stuff on the 2nd floor!

I think the dungeon was left off because It's a new addition(in-universe as well, as your visit also signifies the first appearance of it). There's also a tunnel you can unlock semester 5ish from a new system that will drop you right off inside it from the new underground hub area I'm working on.

International

Dec 9, 2019

Are you sure you're going to the right classroom? The teleport takes you here, but both these classrooms are empty.

The classroom for Neutral Magic is south and west, down here.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Just lost progress due to a computer error. Is it possible for someone to please post a save 1/2 through? Doesn't matter where, I'll work with anything, I just won't be able to restart and play through the first 50% right now.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
is there a save file to this game ?
Not that I know of. Any saves from my own files are buggy as hell because of debug testing to make sure everything works (stuff like accidentally getting 4 copies of a single class into the class list, etc etc.) Even my latest saves (only 2 semesters in!) are broken and need to be restarted after fixing several lingering issues with the earlygame last update.

Even if there was, I'm not sure how it would help much. There's a debug tool that can do stuff like max out class grades to unlock later classes, boost stats, etc etc depending on what I needed for testing that players can use to skip stuff if they need. There's also no gallery or scene replayer unlocked or anything, and most content is designed to be repeatable anytime you want once it's unlocked.

Dec 12, 2020
Not that I know of. Any saves from my own files are buggy as hell because of debug testing to make sure everything works (stuff like accidentally getting 4 copies of a single class into the class list, etc etc.) Even my latest saves (only 2 semesters in!) are broken and need to be restarted after fixing several lingering issues with the earlygame last update.

Even if there was, I'm not sure how it would help much. There's a debug tool that can do stuff like max out class grades to unlock later classes, boost stats, etc etc depending on what I needed for testing that players can use to skip stuff if they need. There's also no gallery or scene replayer unlocked or anything, and most content is designed to be repeatable anytime you want once it's unlocked.
I was curious because i played this on release the issue i faced was it wasn't clear on what to do , i know it can be a good game if the instructions where better explained

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I was curious because i played this on release the issue i faced was it wasn't clear on what to do , i know it can be a good game if the instructions where better explained
It's an issue with a sandbox game in general is lack of direction. I did add in a sort of "starting tutorial" that introduces the player to going to classes, attending clubs, going to part time jobs, and even hints at spending time with other main characters (Anya asks you to talk to her)

My next major goal is to upgrade combat to a level that it's a bit more fun (starting with a side dungeon in the field as a sort of testbed for ideas) but after that I'm considering trying to weave an (optional) main storyline into the game to give it some direction.

Probably would show up ingame as a questline in the assignments journal, with tasks that push an interesting narrative likely involving investigating the mysterious new tower that appears fairly early on (5 days into semester 2). I'll likely make extensive use of the new homeroom and secret base functions that unlock semesters 4 and 5 respectively, mostly as a gathering place for the main team.

This is also why fixing combat and enemy design is a priority first, the tower as it is now is a little too bland for my tastes and a lot of this style of "main storyline" would require more interesting combat.

Then, flesh out the tutorial/fix up the first semester (more guidance during the first week - 2 weeks that's optional that pushes the discovery of more mechanics/simplifies and fixes the somewhat convoluted tasks from the first few classes)

This all isn't something that can be done all at once, especially as I'm redesigning the main character's artwork for the third time (and this time there's more to redo on it!) and I don't want to avoid updates that add new content such as new jobs or clubs or characters. (Up to what scope allows, which currently is... one new character and nothing else until I get a lot of revamps/polish of the current content in!)

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
Just saw the new MC art on Twitter. Solid improvement to be sure. The color and body features have vastly improved.

If I can though, maybe consider less stiff idle poses as something to study and work on in the future. Her arms are so stiff, reminds me less of a young woman just hanging out at school, and more of a soldier standing at attention.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Yeah poses are a weakpoint of mine. I think I overcorrect when I clean up the sketch and just push it straighter and straighter.

This likely won't be the last time I redo the artwork for her (especially since the game's likely to take 4 more years, not 2 like my original planning showed) So I'm not too worried as I know I'll keep doing my best to continue improving and practicing!

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes