2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

dodzb

Jul 29, 2017
Put a bit more time into it and wanted to see if the error I had repeats itself, and selecting finish classes still does not allow me to leave that menu, even if it was picked as the first option without any classes selected. Though I ran into another issue with that, I had 3 classes selected and no matter what 4th one I chose next it told me I cannot have two of the same classes. To fix this I chose to go to the repeat classes and the error went away, but on the final selection I had the base 4 classes selected that you start with, while charging the 1.5K + per class cost. Once I did reselect classes from that prompt, the error went away.

Beyond this, I would highly suggest updating the art for the MC and stuff like that with which the game started with, as in the newer content it is significantly better. I feel like people who are more invested in the looks of the art will give the game a more favorable chance if they saw those first, rather than the old art. You've made many improvements since then in both game and art. One of which is the gate crystals, though they are pretty finicky and the [YES, NO] prompt being defaulted on the No option is kind of annoying. I understand mitigating making the wrong choice of teleporting, but even if that does happen you will be on another crystal anyhow so you can always go back. I think setting focus on YES there will be a small QoL improvement.

The Neko boss horde fight needs a clearer understanding for sure. I had to look through here to get any idea whats going on since it seems endless and I didnt realize I was pretty underpowered for when I arrived there so the fight took like half an hour. I saw you want it to be like something similar to Deacons, but if you look at all those fights they are faceroll fights with little difficulty and take 3m. Perhaps gating the fight to when you have better spells available, or just overall making it less ... what it is now.

The Encyclopedia and Wiki has also not been updated since I saw it was last mentioned in I think July, not even sure if 2020 or 2019, on this forum to include the description of the blessings or any pointers in game to know what they actually do if anything. Rebalancing how much money you earn on jobs should also happen in my opinion, otherwise the game becomes pretty stale due to the length of time it takes to perform a job and the +1-2gp raise. This also makes it feel like you are stuck in a job because the others just dont give any money in comparison. I had unlocked first-aid job in the 4-5th semester simply because I had no idea what triggered WIL+ stats, even spamming choir for two semesters never got me to 5. Then the job gives me 1/2 the kitchen job.

Anyhow, I'm sure you have a lot on your plate and many plans to go, as the project is quite ambitious in terms of an RPGM, and am impressed by the progress so far. These aforementioned issues are simply what I find most striking and immediate to the game. All the best, and good luck moving forward with it.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! I'll fix the issues with class selection for sure, as well as work on tweaking/fixing the issues/qol you suggested!

The jobs are supposed to be in "tiers" of a sort, with the next set giving much more, and the highest-set in the tier (nurse's aid ptj) giving a boost of +50 or so above the rest.
The wiki was updated last July yeah(game was published just last January), but I ran into some... Issues (woke up to 10k spam articles and locked everything down after that) I have it set up that, if anyone asks, I can manually add them to the wiki to update it too, but I'll try to get some more stuff updated too.

Some of the newer artwork was done by a guest artist(the teachers and Anya's side story animation), but the newest character (Carla, the tunnel girl) was my latest one, and I was thinking of re-doing the main character art in the vein of her soonish! (probably not next update, but the one after... mostly because I'm moving houses this week!)

Last edited:
Reactions: dodzb

dodzb

Jul 29, 2017
I won't lie that Anya's updated art was probably the best that I've seen in the game so far, but if you did Carla that's already a major improvement over what was before. The scene with her would likely also improve more once the imp art is a little up to snuff. I mean, just compare it to the BJ art and you can see you've made quite some strides there, so you're definitely getting better at what you're doing.

The wiki issue, in my opinion, should be secondary to an in-game route of at least some hints of explication in regards to the blessing, but I do understand that writing an article on a wiki is most likely easier than putting something in the game. I have limited experience with RPGMV maker even though I own it for years lol.

Good luck with the move, and stay safe.

EDIT: After posting I understand what you meant by the +50 nurse job, the initial starting salary not the raise right? Because that was still +1-2GP per work. By the time I unlocked nurse, personally, I was making 200 at the kitchen. So thats why it was extremely linear for me, since the raise is linear as well. The tavern job is also a little underwhelming because while it may pay better, it wastes the player's time unproportionally to the rewards. My tactic has always been to do the pantry job and crash into an imp to fail it because collecting produce is not worth the time for +15gp when if you work for a whole semester that would be +300gp where courses cost 1200-1500 on average. The tavern similarly is problematic for the reason of length, and three things I would propose for that that would improve it for my personal tastes would be: 1. Put the confirm to leave menu going INTO the room, not OUT. I got very frustrated multiple times by walking into do not disturb rooms because you still enter the room going left-to-right to go read the sign. If not that, at least put the sign location to the left of the entrance to mitigate that, not right of the room entrance. 2. There is no need to go to an object, just to not clean it. Allow the player to clean what they remember and not waste time going to the dresser to not clean it. Just have the true-false variables in false state by default and look for that. 3. Once you've done the last room, just end the job and teleport us to the bartender instead of having us walk from the farthest room back to the stairwell. This is probably the main reason I don't do the tavern job.

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I won't lie that Anya's updated art was probably the best that I've seen in the game so far, but if you did Carla that's already a major improvement over what was before. The scene with her would likely also improve more once the imp art is a little up to snuff. I mean, just compare it to the BJ art and you can see you've made quite some strides there, so you're definitely getting better at what you're doing.

The wiki issue, in my opinion, should be secondary to an in-game route of at least some hints of explication in regards to the blessing, but I do understand that writing an article on a wiki is most likely easier than putting something in the game. I have limited experience with RPGMV maker even though I own it for years lol.

Good luck with the move, and stay safe.

EDIT: After posting I understand what you meant by the +50 nurse job, the initial starting salary not the raise right? Because that was still +1-2GP per work. By the time I unlocked nurse, personally, I was making 200 at the kitchen. So thats why it was extremely linear for me, since the raise is linear as well. The tavern job is also a little underwhelming because while it may pay better, it wastes the player's time unproportionally to the rewards. My tactic has always been to do the pantry job and crash into an imp to fail it because collecting produce is not worth the time for +15gp when if you work for a whole semester that would be +300gp where courses cost 1200-1500 on average. The tavern similarly is problematic for the reason of length, and three things I would propose for that that would improve it for my personal tastes would be: 1. Put the confirm to leave menu going INTO the room, not OUT. I got very frustrated multiple times by walking into do not disturb rooms because you still enter the room going left-to-right to go read the sign. If not that, at least put the sign location to the left of the entrance to mitigate that, not right of the room entrance. 2. There is no need to go to an object, just to not clean it. Allow the player to clean what they remember and not waste time going to the dresser to not clean it. Just have the true-false variables in false state by default and look for that. 3. Once you've done the last room, just end the job and teleport us to the bartender instead of having us walk from the farthest room back to the stairwell. This is probably the main reason I don't do the tavern job.
I did find an amazing artist to collaborate with! I did the animation for that one, while he did the art!

Carla's artwork is basically my own current max level, and I only achieved that level in the last month or two. Just a few months back was Eliana's bust images, and while it's a huge improvement as well, it was more incremental.

The new fallen artwork (set to replace the birth scenes and the slime scene's art) is also recent-ish, but it's currently only implemented in the imp birth scene since I still have a lot of work to do on slime animations in a bit.

The nurse's job has a bit different of a modifier on gold earned. It ends up capping at least at 250, but I think it ends up going to 300 if you do well at it. It does require you to do some extra stuff to rank up (mostly read through medical books, which are given after 10 or so times at the previous level and unlocks more treatment options and such.)

It does have a bit of a "downcost" where you spend gold to get treatment items, but it ties into classes and future content's passive spells system to use stuff like soothe or sleep in place of much of the items, meaning you save gold the more you spells you learn!

The tavern PTJ minigame for sure needs some QOL upgrades(key ones including the not cleaning), but I was also thinking of adding a "Instacomplete" version that reduces pay by a tiny bit (15 gold or so max) and doesn't force the minigame. Both the kitchen and the nurses aid have this (nurses aid unlocks it laterish, you can just "laze about" which gets you a bit less pay but doesn't make you pay for items... although a few get used automatically)

In general, the goal is to keep this first set of PTJs to the level of 200-300 gold max per time-segment, and to make extend the content in them so that they can be played enjoyably for the first 10 semesters or so (or, at the very least, can be skipped so that they don't take much if any time, perhaps at the cost of not making progress or a slight pay decrease)

Once you cap it at 200gold from raises, washing dishes still nets you the full 200, just not the +15 from doing well at the minigame. That is on purpose, though probably not clear. The goal with the progression on the part-time jobs was to create a sort of "cost-reward" system where starting a new PTJ would start you off lower (perhaps not much lower on the next set, likely starting a lot higher in exhanchange for slightly more difficult unlocks) but at the same time having new content/minigames/h-scenes up to the cap of gold.

It... Probably still needs a lot of balancing, but essentially my current balance goal was to try to create interesting choices regarding which PTJ you would choose to do, balancing between gold output (depending on current raise level), content you want to see(Hscenes should be included in all 3 soon), interesting minigames (need to work on this part!), travel (if you want to be in the village at night, tavern ptj in afternoon gets you there and gets some money!), etc etc.

It probably doesn't help that they all (especially tavern's QOL and minigame skip, plus nurse's ptj is missing half of it's content still!) have a lot more work to be put into them to get them up the baseline I want them to for the first section of the game's content

Reactions: dodzb

Jared12345

Oct 2, 2018
Couple of things regarding the wiki guide and a bug I encountered. Day 2 when heading to the garden club it should read "then directly right" instead of "then directly left" and then "keep heading right" instead of "keep heading left". On day 11 you tell people to enter the dungeon at night. However either due to a bug or by design, you cannot enter the dungeon at night (only in the morning and in the afternoon). In that same day you also state there is a game over scene if you lose, but currently even if you die the game gives you the win/catalysts, with no game over scene. And lastely for whatever reason, Moderate and Hard difficulty of the kitchen mini game, will not show up unless you select (show instructions) at least once. Also in the mini game you really only need to collect 15 fruits and then get caught.

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
Just read the blog post that the side girls pregnancy content is gonna start getting worked on going forward. Can't wait!

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.13.1 - Public Release
- 1 New H-Scene- Tunnel 2- After seeing the first tunnel scene with Carla, try to pay for tunnel construction without enough gold (put into bank via phone!)

Windows:
Mac:

There are no bugfixes as were originally planned included with this update, on account of my computer being spread out over the floor, my desk still in transit, and the paint running down my face (We're in the process of moving!)

Lots of bugfixes are planned, I swear! Just having some uh... heavy furniture related troubles!

Kanis9x

Mar 18, 2020
1605434019720.png
I can't enter the dungeon. Is it a bug or I missed anything in the game. I followed the wiki to day 11

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
View attachment 900430
I can't enter the dungeon. Is it a bug or I missed anything in the game. I followed the wiki to day 11
It's a bug, likely i forgot to reenable choices at some point. Try studying or something and then going back on a day that says to study at that time,that should clear up the issue(but might throw off the guide)

I'll try to figure out where I went wrong in life and enter rehab later (or perhaps just fix the bugs and stop drinking and coding at the same time)

• Haha
Reactions: Gummiel

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
So... this might seem an inane question/concept... and just to be sure... I scoured the whole thread to see if anyone else has thought to ask this... but being that the game is titled Dark Tower... are we going to see dungeon towers... like as in level or ability-based progressing dungeons in the shape of towers...

Just thought I'd ask...

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So... this might seem an inane question/concept... and just to be sure... I scoured the whole thread to see if anyone else has thought to ask this... but being that the game is titled Dark Tower... are we going to see dungeon towers... like as in level or ability-based progressing dungeons in the shape of towers...

Just thought I'd ask...
The main "Tower" is the Forest and neko dungeon. I was thinking of Tatarus from Persona 3 when I made it, but didn't realize the downsides of procedural generation would heavily outweigh the benefits (combat feels kind of dull, and it's way too hard to tune combat spawn rates, prevent block-ins, etc etc)

There will be other dungeons in the school, such as a Library tower (higher level dungeon planned) and likely some lewd stuff with the corrupt church (Ero-Trap dungeon style? would totally make sense for them!)

And progression in the classes and general life with clubs and jobs, since they give you stats, will likely be needed, and hopefully some optimization/combinations of skills will synergize well to create skillsets and interesting choices (Ex-Perhap a certain dungeon has archers that flee and need ranged attacks? Or a high-level slime based dungeon that resists water and physical attacks? Superbosses that require capped stats, good potions/consumables, min-maxed equips and powerful skills to overcome?)

In short, combat and dungeon design/exploration falls flat right now, so it's pretty high on the todo list right now, of course, without cutting back on adding interesting lewd encounters and scenes!

Reactions: KMN

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.14.0 Patreon Release!

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As mentioned before, I will spend the next week doing heavy testing and bugfixing (and perhaps a QOL change or two) and then the update will be public! (further bugfix patches will of course be done as needed)

Reactions: KMN

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Windows: - -
Mac: - -

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
stupid question, is there a way to change breast size?
Not yet, the artwork (mostly my own skill level) doesn't quite support it yet.
Working on it though, and the goal is to have a way of doing so in the future!
Thanks, but that piece was from a guest artist which I'm occasionally working with! My own skills have improved still, but I'm not that good yet! This is my latest skill level
with similar improvements in nude forms

I still have a long way to go (limbs are still bad, head still needs some work, same with face) but I'm working on re-doing Olivia's art and trying to improve more each day!

Anyone knows what RPGM this uses? Doesn't work on Joiplay emulator
RPGmaker MV, but I'm not surprised it doesn't work on android.
I'm using about 30 plugins, several coded by myself, so you would need some way of supporting keys z,x,c,v,a,f, and a few others, for starters (combat is a top-down action game, not a standard RPG)

I wanted to support an Android release, but, 1, I don't have an android phone (iPhone just because I haven't updated my phone since college 5 years ago), and 2, I have no idea how to get android to support the terrible code I've clashed and cobbled and written without crashing. I can barely handle it on PC (and have no idea how the MAC version works since I don't have a Mac!)

Aegis Lily

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks, but that piece was from a guest artist which I'm occasionally working with! My own skills have improved still, but I'm not that good yet! This is my latest skill level
with similar improvements in nude forms
Your's is pretty good as well, heck its way better then my own art handwriting:LOL:.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Your's is pretty good as well, heck its way better then my own art handwriting:LOL:.
I've been working pretty hard at it over the last year, so thanks!
Now just to replace 9-10 months of artwork, including multiple 2d animations! This... might take a while! Already started on replacing the main character's artwork!

Reactions: f9account
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes