2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
I would likely use Unity though if I had the option and could make my code all pretty and maintainable and impossibly perfect, I have plenty of experience with coding in Unity before I started this game. I chose to use RPGmaker because I found myself spending all my time playing with code (something I'm good with thanks to schooling/past experience!) and not drawing/working on improving my artwork (something I'm not so good with, because I didn't start drawing until I was 22ish)
The funny thing is is that as soon as DaBouncer asked about using a different engine... My first thought was also Unity. What you seem to be working here just wouldn't work with Ren-py, Unreal, Act or anything else quite as nicely. Honestly Unity would absolutely be the easiest (relatively speaking)to port across... though... I could see you having the issue about nipping and tucking too much on the coding. It really do be like that from what I understand. Let's be honest RPGM is kinda... well it tends to promote/favour a lot of the generic games we see made on that engine, it doesn't take kindly to new ideas but I have seen a select few others who have successfully moulded it how they wish and I hope you can find a working way of achieving that yourself.

I do have another artist working with me occasionally (you can see his work on some of the professors and also Anya's animated scene in her sidestory), but he wishes to remain anonymous so I haven't talked about him really.
Somehow I didn't notice that. I'll have to pay closer attention in the future. I'm a little bit of a nut when it comes to art, follow quite a few up and coming artists in part cause I do enjoy watching each one develop as an artist.

Thanks for responding, I was tossing up actually following you and joining patreon so I may just go ahead and do that now. Hope you're doing well anyways.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So how far has the game been developed since Oct 2020? I think the game at the time only had lessons for the 1st semester and the 3rd floor of the Academy is pretty much barren.

What is the game going to look like going forward?
As of October, there was about... 50 or so classes to take, so about 10 semesters of content.
Since then, I've redone a lot of the artwork for the main character, added 12 or so new classes, added content to character sidestories, added a homeroom and secret tunnel passage system + central base hub system to the third floor (and a pool class!), a forest field area for free-time combat and gathering (and to house new dungeons I plan on building and travel options for secret passageways and tunnels to connect though!) and new H-scenes for much of this, including the tunnels, swimming class, and side-story.

The third floor is still pretty barren, but the original idea involved sports clubs and working out to increase physical stats (with perhaps some interesting H-scenes, do it like a club somehow?)
With the new homeroom though, there's an easy way up there anytime after you unlock it though, so that helps!

The funny thing is is that as soon as DaBouncer asked about using a different engine... My first thought was also Unity. What you seem to be working here just wouldn't work with Ren-py, Unreal, Act or anything else quite as nicely. Honestly Unity would absolutely be the easiest (relatively speaking)to port across... though... I could see you having the issue about nipping and tucking too much on the coding. It really do be like that from what I understand. Let's be honest RPGM is kinda... well it tends to promote/favour a lot of the generic games we see made on that engine, it doesn't take kindly to new ideas but I have seen a select few others who have successfully moulded it how they wish and I hope you can find a working way of achieving that yourself.

Somehow I didn't notice that. I'll have to pay closer attention in the future. I'm a little bit of a nut when it comes to art, follow quite a few up and coming artists in part cause I do enjoy watching each one develop as an artist.

Thanks for responding, I was tossing up actually following you and joining patreon so I may just go ahead and do that now. Hope you're doing well anyways.
There's several games that break the mold of RPGmaker that I've seen!

Violated Heroine is a bit older (on RPGmaker 2000 I think?) but was a direct inspiration of my game's style.
Memoirs of a Battle Brothel takes the engine and twists it on its head to make an interesting Final Fantasy Tactics-style combat system.

While somewhat more conventional, MGQ Paradox combines its storytelling with a unique job/race system for interesting combat in standard RPG format.

I know there's a lot more too, judging by how often I see such plugins show up on the RPGmaker forums! Everything from tactics games to top-down shooters!
The engine just... sometimes resists... And I have to punish it.

Reactions: KMN

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Is there a room to see which H scene you have unlocked?
No gallery features yet, it will be a rather large undertaking to do so with how the game is laid out. There is a h-scene list in the tips and tricks section of the OP, as well as on the wiki in the guides section!

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Don't suppose someone could spell out for me how to get Anya pregnant? I'm not sure how to advance her story (if it's even needed). For now I'm just spamming "spend time" with her, hoping it leads to a development, but I might be as far as that goes.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Don't suppose someone could spell out for me how to get Anya pregnant? I'm not sure how to advance her story (if it's even needed). For now I'm just spamming "spend time" with her, hoping it leads to a development, but I might be as far as that goes.
Ah, her pregnancy event right now happens in her side story, initiated by calling her using the comm at night to spend time with her. The side story should progress if you keep spending time with her in that way, where she goes to the inn with you and various events play out with her and a male villager.

In person events were getting a little crowded so I tried to split them off a little, so most of the repeatables are via phone for now. Will probably need to work on a proper structure to tie side-stories, repeatable hangout scenes, requestable hentai events, and the main storylines of each character together in a way that's logical and organized later...

Reactions: Furmilk

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.16.0 Patreon Release!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: KMN

sickkid89

Nov 1, 2018
hello. 1st time playing this game. i noticed in the main character artwork on the screenshot of the thread looks different than the one im currently playing (it looks like old version of the artwork). im talking about the opening btw (1st time arriving at the campus). is there anyway to change this?

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
hello. 1st time playing this game. i noticed in the main character artwork on the screenshot of the thread looks different than the one im currently playing (it looks like old version of the artwork). im talking about the opening btw (1st time arriving at the campus). is there anyway to change this?
Downloading the newest version should update it. The current public version is V0.15.2, available on the first page of the thread or from .

sickkid89

Nov 1, 2018
Downloading the newest version should update it. The current public version is V0.15.2, available on the first page of the thread or from .
i've tried download it from the link u gave me. v0.15.2. still using the old artwork.

EDIT: I downloaded version v0.15.1 and its using the new artwork. something must be wrong with version 0.15.2

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
i've tried download it from the link u gave me. v0.15.2. still using the old artwork.
That's really odd. I'm fairly certain the art revamp replaced everything. I'll double-check the site's current version!

Edit- Just downloaded Mediafire's V0.15.2, it looks fine. Perhaps I accidently tossed a link to V0.14.2 into one of the download sites, or accidently zipped that instead of 15.2 or something? Werid.
V0.16.0 goes public very soon so hopefully when I upload that it will fix the issues.

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.16.1 Release!
And... The reveal of the mysterious guest artist!
Check out TwoDust’s stuff at his newgrounds account ! (And get a glimpse of our next collaboration together a bit early!)

Windows - - AnonFile -
Mac - - AnonFile -

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
that cat raid fight still buggy it frezze when all the cay are beat
Yeah I know. The amount of bugs and errors from the entire main tower is to the point where I'm probably going to tear out most of it and restructure it in the nearish future (as in, within the next 6 months probably). I can probably salvage much of it and make something more interesting with it (and with a better kitty hoard boss!)

I am able to do many things with this engine. Procedurally generated dungeon content does not seem to be one of them.

goodick

Feb 2, 2021
"inspired by Violated Heroine"

ah VH, that was good game, lost count cooming to Serena loli scenes. Had such big hope for Katteban which focused on Serena story but suddenly the guy just gone.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
How's progress on the maps for finding your way around the school?
Got a tiny bit sidetracked with moving and stuff, keep forgetting to finish the third floor so I can export screenshots and finally just finish it.

I'll make sure to get it done this update. The stuffs mostly here, just need to round out the area with a few small things and then it's ready.

Reactions: Anon21
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes