2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
I am able to do many things with this engine. Procedurally generated dungeon content does not seem to be one of them.
There are quite a few procedural dungeon games on dlsite, the engine you use is MV right? I play a ton of RPGMaker games but I'm fucking awful at identifying which engine is used. I could probably help point towards some good examples, you can probably rip into them and check their scripts and whatnot to see how they do. I might even be able to provide the game or file that holds the scrips, too.
Edit: The scripts will almost always be in japanese though... Just remembered. Might be an issue.

More extensive upgrades that are planned include stuff like crafting stations, bedrooms/private rooms for h-scenes, and probably more advanced stuff like a room to breed new slime types that would tie into slime parasites!
I was gonna ask a question, but remembered I asked it before, checked some old posts and remembered some things, but this has left me with some other questions and even an idea.

If there are new slimes and they can parasite too, how will they differ from the one we have now? ALso, since there are tentacles in the works, what will these ones do? More pregnancy? Something else? Or both something else and pregnancy? Actually, what about same species different location? Like tentacle pregnancy and tentacle something else at the same time. Well this turned into sling ideas, not sling questions quickly haha...

Now, the actual idea, you mentioned that you want every parasite state to be pretty much optional, or curable, and also expressed some can be permanent. What if, to "progress" a parasite, you need to essentially "consent" to it by doing something to/for it? Like for example if there's a mammary gland parasite that can cause lactation, the way to "consent" to it and maybe even make it permanent is to "milk" yourself several times.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
There are quite a few procedural dungeon games on dlsite, the engine you use is MV right? I play a ton of RPGMaker games but I'm fucking awful at identifying which engine is used. I could probably help point towards some good examples, you can probably rip into them and check their scripts and whatnot to see how they do. I might even be able to provide the game or file that holds the scrips, too.
Edit: The scripts will almost always be in japanese though... Just remembered. Might be an issue.

I was gonna ask a question, but remembered I asked it before, checked some old posts and remembered some things, but this has left me with some other questions and even an idea.

If there are new slimes and they can parasite too, how will they differ from the one we have now? ALso, since there are tentacles in the works, what will these ones do? More pregnancy? Something else? Or both something else and pregnancy? Actually, what about same species different location? Like tentacle pregnancy and tentacle something else at the same time. Well this turned into sling ideas, not sling questions quickly haha...

Now, the actual idea, you mentioned that you want every parasite state to be pretty much optional, or curable, and also expressed some can be permanent. What if, to "progress" a parasite, you need to essentially "consent" to it by doing something to/for it? Like for example if there's a mammary gland parasite that can cause lactation, the way to "consent" to it and maybe even make it permanent is to "milk" yourself several times.
I could probably get procedural dungeons working with a script, but I decided I wanted to take a different approach on it, building more handcrafted levels with puzzles and such designed into them, better enemy design, etc.

Will probably keep some of the procedural generation of the tower, but strip out some of the bad enemy spawning code, redo level design (why did I make them tight corridors for most of it? When have mazes ever been fun?) etc etc.

Slime breeding I thought would be a fun little thing where you could breed/care for slime monsters, perhaps release them into the waterway dungeon? (changing spawns so you can get new monsters/drops!)

Perhaps add some mechanics to the slime parasites where you can learn special slime skills (slime shot! Slime barrier!) if you're carrying the right type of slime?

And special conditions for parasites is for sure an idea I had!
As an example, the plans i have for tentacles involve getting implanted with an (unfertilized) core, then needing to get it fertilized via either regular sex or some kind of tentacle sap for it to reproduce!

In general, parasites cause some sort of pregnancy(even if it's butt/boobs) and some stat/gameplay changes. Slimes increase defenses, tentacles might get you some fun tentacle combat skills later on, etc etc.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
I know Dead by Daylight uses some sort of cell system for it's procedural generation, so if you want some hand crafted stuff, you could define a preset that can be used along with the usual stuff.

Also, breast pregnancy, a rare kink to be sure, but a welcome one. Usually causes temporary or permanent breast expansion too, so can't wait.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Are there any plans to add any way of viewing the ovum getting fertilized? Like, when the MC get pregnant?
It was part of the original plan! I wanted to have it show up when you were under the effects of different curses or blessings (to simulate said effects giving you the knowledge of when it happens?)
Before I didn't have the artistic skill to do it, but I might give it a shot now that I've improved!

It might be a little while though... running a bit behind on artwork thanks to attempting yet another piece that is well out of my skill level (which slows me down cause I focus so much on learning/trying new things).

Reactions: dragonsoul1 and KMN

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Honestly, taking time to improve isn't a bad thing as long as there's noticable improvement, which judging by most people here is happening.

This reminds me too, a while ago I mentioned how it was difficult to know what curses and blessings did and I had a small suggestion based around that, has anything been added into the game that better explains what they do? I noticed the wiki has more info on it than it used to, which brings up a new question, what does "A curse that creates strong feelings of love and attachment when the bearer is desired" actually mean and does that affect anything?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Honestly, taking time to improve isn't a bad thing as long as there's noticable improvement, which judging by most people here is happening.

This reminds me too, a while ago I mentioned how it was difficult to know what curses and blessings did and I had a small suggestion based around that, has anything been added into the game that better explains what they do? I noticed the wiki has more info on it than it used to, which brings up a new question, what does "A curse that creates strong feelings of love and attachment when the bearer is desired" actually mean and does that affect anything?
Oh taking time to improve isn't bad at all...
I just feel bad because I made little progress on gameplay/expanding events while I was sitting here trying to figure out the best way to draw tentacles going into interesting places (and then, later, redoing Anya's bust again!)

The tentacles... failed, Anya's bust succeeded. I'll do a nice blog post condensing everything I learned (and some other misc thoughts on development) soonish.

Curses/Blessings still need work. Wiki is the placeholder for now until I can make a proper system/expand the in-game encyclopedia.

As for the Curse of Undying Love...

In my head it means that the bearer of the curse feels that the person who activated the curse (The person who "desires" her) is someone they love and want to please.

In gameplay terms, it means certain situations (It's been a while but I forgot which) Olivia no longer can say no to/resist the advances of someone. She becomes too infatuated/loving to them, even if their "desire" is warped or purely for her body. She can still not "like" them (so there's usually no change to the dialog of reluctant responses" but the curse triggering makes her not want to deny them.

It's a niche event that happens occasionally on H-events with choices, but I think when it happens it usually says something along the lines of "The curse of Undying Love was triggered!". I'll have to take a look into the code and see if I can find an example, but off the top of my head I think some of the maid events might have it in the tavern ptj. I'll check later.

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
So a form of hypnosis, or mind control. Didn't think the game had something like that yet, thats pretty neat.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So a form of hypnosis, or mind control. Didn't think the game had something like that yet, thats pretty neat.
I wanted to keep it more "light" since I don't like it when things get too rapey.
I figure if you've delved into the corrupt church with her and repeatedly performed the event to get it Olivia's debauched enough that such an altered state of mind is fine with her, and if it's not... She can always remove her curses!

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
Damn it!
I forgot to join your patreon again!
I'll try to join tomorrow night*. Hopefully the link to your discord works. I've been having trouble joining servers through patreon these past few months. Do you mind if I message you on here to grab a link if it fails?

That changelog certainly looks really nice. Looking forward to blitzing through the new content asap.

*Short on funds this today but should be good tomorrow :)

SakaiY

Sep 24, 2018
The new Anya art looks adorable. You’re improving so fast. Is it already compatible with her pregnancy too?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Damn it!
I forgot to join your patreon again!
I'll try to join tomorrow night*. Hopefully the link to your discord works. I've been having trouble joining servers through patreon these past few months. Do you mind if I message you on here to grab a link if it fails?

That changelog certainly looks really nice. Looking forward to blitzing through the new content asap.

*Short on funds this today but should be good tomorrow :)
No problem at all! I wanted to get more into this update, but... I sorta spent 40 hours doing Anya's new artwork (and rigging it all for animation!)

The new Anya art looks adorable. You’re improving so fast. Is it already compatible with her pregnancy too?
Thanks! I put in a... a little bit of time on it, and learned a lot while working on it!
Pregnancy is implemented for her as well! Still a long way to go, but I'm feeling more and more confident that I'll have a good level of art skill by the end of this project in... I think, early 2025? (Assuming I can get 20% or so of the game done each year.)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Horacio55555

KMN

68WX Insomniac Lurker Uber Edumacated Nerd
Donor
Jun 13, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Congrats on the update... it's fun to watch your improvements steadily get better and better...

Now the most important question... how much of the first quest dungeon and slime content have you improved...
:sneaky:;):giggle:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Congrats on the update... it's fun to watch your improvements steadily get better and better...

Now the most important question... how much of the first quest dungeon and slime content have you improved...
:sneaky:;):giggle:
Thanks! Turns out you improve at something if you spend every moment of free-time doing it!

And unfortunately... none yet! The slime content revamp is very high on my to-do list (since it's using now-ancient art and animation), but I think I want to finish up and implement tentacle dungeon to completion first, since I think I'll learn a bit from the new boss I'm planning on making for it that I can use in the slime dungeon's revamping. (plus I know there's going to be some expanded content for Anya in the slime dungeon that I want to make sure I implement right, so it needs some pre-planning and tests first)

• Love
Reactions: KMN

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower [v0.17.1] [Ninhalf/HGameArtMan] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 916.25 MB
Original MAC Size: 1.03 GB

Compressed PC Size: 191.1 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 325.7 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes