2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
why does some of the thumbnail art look like it was drawn by slugbox?
Because TwoDust was inspired by slugbox in his early days of drawing, so his style is similar. He tries to add his own twist to it, but it's fairly easy to see the inspiration there in his work.

For more of his work.

Reactions: RebelZone

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I miss the old art
As much as I liked my older artwork, I do feel like I've improved and learned a lot during development!
Anya's new artwork is super-cute, for example!

I'll likely try new things, develop my style, and improve my skills over the course of development, so don't be surprised if the artwork changes again! (In particular, Olivia's new bust has several issues with stiffness and a really tight shirt, which needs ot be fixed up in the future!)

Although I collaborate with twodust every once in a while, I still do the majority of the artwork myself, and will continue to do so until the end of development! (In, at this rate.... early-mid 2025!)

Oh, I almost forgot! There is modding support too, so you could theoretically replace all the artwork with old artwork too! (I might see about exporting images and developing a modpack for just that feature if I can find the time soon!)

Reactions: Hong02 and ZixSum

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
So I haven't played this for a while, judging from old saves (which have a >95% chance of being broken) I played between 0.6.1-0.8.0. For the longest time I wasn't sure when I wanted to try again, but it'll either be right now, or when tentacles that can parasite/impregnate you are added. Actually, can the small ones parasite already? When/how long til that's added?

Now, about the art. I've thought about this for a while, not a big fan of most of the current art, and the older art had something about it. Not entirely sure anymore with which art belongs to who, and which is a combination effort. The style of the art currently in the game is mostly too... Chibi? Like for example the artwork of Anya shared on page 34 just looks off. SUPER chubby face, and the arms look very disproportionate compared to her hands. Preview images in the OP too, GuestAnim the face looks very awkward and the body looks too "stiff", as in, there's too many angles, hardly any curves. Why does her vaginal area look like it's raised, and why is her right side of that area (seen on the left) got a little triangular bit? Leg in the air's knee also looks broken as fuck, either the knee is pointed to hell and back, or the knee cap is just not there. School2 the face's eyes seem too huge (gives a chibi effect) and the tits seem like they're lifted by a high push up bra, which might be intentional when I look at PregState2 and it doesn't have that issue, but then the underwear only version in the banner doesn't have that same push up effect... Is this a case of shirt-too-small? Paizuri looks REALLY good, and then Carla kinda is the reverse of the chibi effect, eyes not too large but the body looks weird. I also noticed, the arms in PS2 look too long, but only because a natural stance in the real word doesn't have the arm sit perfectly straight, it's always bent a tiny bit. ImpBirthScene looks mostly ok, mostly eye-slightly-too-big syndrome but doesn't look chibi like the other stuff mentioned so far. Stats is REALLY old so I'm not gonna even mention it, actually fuck it I will, may as well, the facial features look off, like half her face is facing directly forward, toward us and the other half is facing directly foward, same as her body. Mostly caused by the eyes. Don't think I need to mention anything else.

Sorry other artist for my criticism!

Most of the older stuff was absolutely in need of an update don't get me wrong, but one of the images I liked the best was the old forward-facing standing CG, especially when fully pregnant, regardless of clothed or nude state.

Reactions: hgameartman

International

Dec 9, 2019
There's a softlock if you call your mom to deposit gold when you have 0 gold. Trying to deposit 0 gives a 'Not Enough Gold!' message, and loops back to choosing an amount. Cancel and ESC both do nothing, can only force close the game to reload a save.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So I haven't played this for a while, judging from old saves (which have a >95% chance of being broken) I played between 0.6.1-0.8.0. For the longest time I wasn't sure when I wanted to try again, but it'll either be right now, or when tentacles that can parasite/impregnate you are added. Actually, can the small ones parasite already? When/how long til that's added?

Now, about the art. I've thought about this for a while, not a big fan of most of the current art, and the older art had something about it. Not entirely sure anymore with which art belongs to who, and which is a combination effort. The style of the art currently in the game is mostly too... Chibi? Like for example the artwork of Anya shared on page 34 just looks off. SUPER chubby face, and the arms look very disproportionate compared to her hands. Preview images in the OP too, GuestAnim the face looks very awkward and the body looks too "stiff", as in, there's too many angles, hardly any curves. Why does her vaginal area look like it's raised, and why is her right side of that area (seen on the left) got a little triangular bit? Leg in the air's knee also looks broken as fuck, either the knee is pointed to hell and back, or the knee cap is just not there. School2 the face's eyes seem too huge (gives a chibi effect) and the tits seem like they're lifted by a high push up bra, which might be intentional when I look at PregState2 and it doesn't have that issue, but then the underwear only version in the banner doesn't have that same push up effect... Is this a case of shirt-too-small? Paizuri looks REALLY good, and then Carla kinda is the reverse of the chibi effect, eyes not too large but the body looks weird. I also noticed, the arms in PS2 look too long, but only because a natural stance in the real word doesn't have the arm sit perfectly straight, it's always bent a tiny bit. ImpBirthScene looks mostly ok, mostly eye-slightly-too-big syndrome but doesn't look chibi like the other stuff mentioned so far. Stats is REALLY old so I'm not gonna even mention it, actually fuck it I will, may as well, the facial features look off, like half her face is facing directly forward, toward us and the other half is facing directly foward, same as her body. Mostly caused by the eyes. Don't think I need to mention anything else.

Sorry other artist for my criticism!

Most of the older stuff was absolutely in need of an update don't get me wrong, but one of the images I liked the best was the old forward-facing standing CG, especially when fully pregnant, regardless of clothed or nude state.
Art is Still in progress and I expect to improve more and more over the next 4 years of development!

The forward facing busts weren't bad, but they had no depth. I'm learning now how to get that sense of depth and 3-d space, slowly and bit by bit.

Some issues(like the odd triangular bit in Anya's animation ) also come from me rigging the models for animation.

As mentioned, I'll probably experiments with making resource packs so people can play around with older artwork(or even add their own in!) and I'll probably have a few more changes to my style as I work on learning art over the next while!

Tentacles will be soonish, still working on the dungeon for them and then artwork( the field ones can grope you now though!)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
holy shit i cant wait to play this as soon as all the MS Paint pictures are replaced.
The MS-Paint art was made in photoshop, with a professional tablet. My plan just worked and I got a lot better at art after a year of drawing a lot of game art.

where is the tavern?
donde esta la taberna?
1- Normal Route - Leave school from main entrance, go directly south to enter the village, tavern is first building to your left.
2-Job route - At the job board, choose "Tavern Job", during the morning or afternoon, you get transported to the tavern during said time period and are immediately put into the tavern ptj.
3-Transportation Crystal- One of the default locations on the transport crystals is the village. From the dorms, go north, interact with the crystal in the offices, choose village, go left.
4-Underground Tunnels - After Semester 5ish, when you unlock the Tunnels system, talk to Carla, choose to build the village tunnel, wait/pay until it's complete, then from the underground base choose to enter the village, then go left to find the tavern.

Talk to me when they change the blowjob scene
Funny you should mention that... I sorta just started on those! Still in the sketching phase but it's progressing! ss+(2021-03-08+at+10.43.48).jpg ss+(2021-03-08+at+10.44.26).jpg

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gin_Uroboros
Dec 3, 2020
The MS-Paint art was made in photoshop, with a professional tablet. My plan just worked and I got a lot better at art after a year of drawing a lot of game art.
yes i knew that, i just exaggerated to make my point, cuz if i had said : ''i cant wait until he replaces the wih profession tablet drawn pictures'', then noone would really have gotten my point. no worries man :D

Crumb

Nov 10, 2017
The game looks really cool, but I'll just have to check it again later, once some of the bugs are sorted out.
Couple of bugs I've encountered and did not notice in the known issues:
  1. combat tutorial in the first dungeon (waterway) says I have to press F to cast the party spell, but nothing happens, only later I've noticed there are actually little spell icons in the bottom bar, an arrow cast and a fist, but they're bound to R and S keys
  2. try as I might, there is just no way I can lose in the to the slimes in the dungeon, wanted to check out the slime scene while Anya was with me, but even if I just stand there and do absolutely nothing, the slimes get me to 0 HP, but the game instantly tells me that the slimes dropped the focus required for the quest and I'm spawned outside and then into my room
  3. beginning of 8th day, I'm asked if I want to learn the push / pull spell, if I decide to go with the girl (forgot the name), the character speed changes to slow walking, no idea if it gets fixed later somehow, but after I went through a class and a kitchen job I was still walking slowly and decided to reload and not go with the girl
EDIT: One more thing, would it be possible to enable the X button to also open the menu? I am so used it from other RPGM games by now, that it took me a moment to even notice the menu is under ESC and it's a bit tiring to travel over the whole keyboard (#firstworldproblems)

Also, this might sound a bit too negative, but really it's far from it, I think this game has real potential and I love the magical castle. Felt just like I was lost at Hogwarts and was slowly finding my way around, brilliant. ;)

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
The game looks really cool, but I'll just have to check it again later, once some of the bugs are sorted out.
Couple of bugs I've encountered and did not notice in the known issues:
  1. combat tutorial in the first dungeon (waterway) says I have to press F to cast the party spell, but nothing happens, only later I've noticed there are actually little spell icons in the bottom bar, an arrow cast and a fist, but they're bound to R and S keys
  2. try as I might, there is just no way I can lose in the to the slimes in the dungeon, wanted to check out the slime scene while Anya was with me, but even if I just stand there and do absolutely nothing, the slimes get me to 0 HP, but the game instantly tells me that the slimes dropped the focus required for the quest and I'm spawned outside and then into my room
  3. beginning of 8th day, I'm asked if I want to learn the push / pull spell, if I decide to go with the girl (forgot the name), the character speed changes to slow walking, no idea if it gets fixed later somehow, but after I went through a class and a kitchen job I was still walking slowly and decided to reload and not go with the girl
EDIT: One more thing, would it be possible to enable the X button to also open the menu? I am so used it from other RPGM games by now, that it took me a moment to even notice the menu is under ESC and it's a bit tiring to travel over the whole keyboard (#firstworldproblems)

Also, this might sound a bit too negative, but really it's far from it, I think this game has real potential and I love the magical castle. Felt just like I was lost at Hogwarts and was slowly finding my way around, brilliant. ;)
Speed should be automatically fixed each morning! The start of the game needs a lot of work for sure (it was done over a year ago, aside from some of the newer tutorial stuff.) but I'll see what I can do about a lot of the long-standing bugs in the game!

Unfortunately, the hotkey script that I use for combat prevents the keys from being used to open the menu, and I can't find a way around that while also keeping the hotkeys bound in a way that makes sense still (if I skip the X key, hand position changes, making things harder during combat, etc etc) I've tried to look into ways to fix this but so far have come up short, though I'll keep trying.

And thanks! There's a bit more bugs as compared to other games (because I sorta broke the engine apart to make it a life-sim sandbox action-rpg using lots and lots of scripting in javascript), but I'm doing my best to keep them under control while also still keeping development on-track!

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
Art is Still in progress and I expect to improve more and more over the next 4 years of development!

The forward facing busts weren't bad, but they had no depth. I'm learning now how to get that sense of depth and 3-d space, slowly and bit by bit.

Some issues(like the odd triangular bit in Anya's animation ) also come from me rigging the models for animation.

As mentioned, I'll probably experiments with making resource packs so people can play around with older artwork(or even add their own in!) and I'll probably have a few more changes to my style as I work on learning art over the next while!

Tentacles will be soonish, still working on the dungeon for them and then artwork( the field ones can grope you now though!)
I know, I'm fully aware of the fact that the art will continually update and change, just wanted to throw in my thoughts into the mix, I had no clue if I might've mentioned something nobody else has or something you might've overlooked.

Also, I'm more clueless about animation rigging than I am artwork in general, so I'll take your word on that :D

How's the artwork going for the tentacles? Last I remember you had some difficulty with them.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I know, I'm fully aware of the fact that the art will continually update and change, just wanted to throw in my thoughts into the mix, I had no clue if I might've mentioned something nobody else has or something you might've overlooked.

Also, I'm more clueless about animation rigging than I am artwork in general, so I'll take your word on that :D

How's the artwork going for the tentacles? Last I remember you had some difficulty with them.
Still working on the sketches for the tentacles one! What I want to do is still slightly out of my skill range, but I'll learn a lot while working on it! Even if it might take a while.

In the meantime, I'll be doing stuff like redoing the blowjob animations and implementing more to the new dungeon, including the boss itself (which will be where the new art is used!) as well as fleshing out the underground part of the dungeon, where I hope to test out a new puzzle design style involving something along the lines of pushing boxes into water and then manipulating the water level to create paths to reach inaccessible areas!

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
So, it's been a while but I came back to try this game again after seeing you had added floor three maps. Good job!

One thing that I think could do with improving is the spell system. Specifically, how you assign shortcut keys to spells and check which keys they have in use. You could do with something like a "Spellbook" key item. Using the spellbook could list all spells currently assigned to shortcut keys and which they are. It's something I've often direly felt the need for. If I just look at the icons in the dungeon I don't really know what half of them are, and you can't even get that much when you aren't in a dungeon.
shortcut.png

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
So, it's been a while but I came back to try this game again after seeing you had added floor three maps. Good job!

One thing that I think could do with improving is the spell system. Specifically, how you assign shortcut keys to spells and check which keys they have in use. You could do with something like a "Spellbook" key item. Using the spellbook could list all spells currently assigned to shortcut keys and which they are. It's something I've often direly felt the need for. If I just look at the icons in the dungeon I don't really know what half of them are, and you can't even get that much when you aren't in a dungeon.
View attachment 1075455
Perhaps adding the spells equipped to a stats game page might work as well? And have the spell assignment function list what spells are equipped to which keys? I agree it's a pain right now and needs work!

Feb 1, 2018
I have forgotten the game that this is around. It's been what? An entire year? Welp, might give this game a chance. Although, it seems not much has changed.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I have forgotten the game that this is around. It's been what? An entire year? Welp, might give this game a chance. Although, it seems not much has changed.
At this point? mostly revamps and rewrites, bugfixes and QOL changes(Though I have added some new stuff lately like the basis for a new dungeon (complete with new AI types for enemies!), a few new sex scenes, etc). I hope to have another job and another club, as well as another character and this new tentacle dungeon(with sexy tentacle parasite babies!) all complete by the end of this year. A lot of work right now is going into stuff like re-doing all the art from last year, fixing bugs (sometimes rewriting entire systems to do so, like gardening club getting a third rewrite to fit in with the new gathering mechanics soon) etc etc.

The end goal has been planned out from the start (10 jobs, 10 clubs, 10ish characters, 350 or so classes, etc etc with dungeons and such to match). Once the game is "Complete" I may still work on it occasionally, but I hope to have expansive modding available as well so people can add content and tinker with the game as well! (So far, only replacing image and sound files is working, but I'll get the rest down eventually!)

I just hit some snags on stuff like technical debt, combat revamps, and stuff like that which need to be smoothed over. I think I can do so while also making progress on fun stuff like new H-scenes, dungeons, jobs, clubs and such too!

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes