2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
someone have cheat?
The debug tool can be found in the top-left closet in the tavern's floor 1 kitchen. It's got a bunch of debug-only stuff letting you cheat money, stats, etc etc (and can potentially corrupt your save, so make backups!)

In particular, do not use it to save your game anywhere there are walking students. It will appear to save normally, but then brick your save file when you try to load it because I have done terrible, terrible things with RPGmaker's engine, and the engine really doesn't like it sometimes. Regular saving works just fine from anywhere, just not the debug tool!

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
"inspired by Violated Heroine"

ah VH, that was good game, lost count cooming to Serena loli scenes. Had such big hope for Katteban which focused on Serena story but suddenly the guy just gone.
Same, inspired by VH always makes me think that we can choose between a loli protagonist and another one or 2 besides her.

goodick

Feb 2, 2021
Same, inspired by VH always makes me think that we can choose between a loli protagonist and another one or 2 besides her.
a fellow man of culture i see. Last time i checked the new VH already tripled its size (around 500mb) i dont even know what were they added, cant find the changelog. I wanna do another rerun but if all new scenes only for nanako and nothing for serena i will be sad.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Would love to do something like that, but I'm very much afraid of the FBI and want to monetize the project a little bit... and managing multiple main characters with separate dialog branches is a huge undertaking.

That said, visuals can currently be modded freely.
Might take a while to figure out which images are for which (most of my character artwork is modular for expressions and pregnancy content)

Just don't share anything that breaks the rules on the thread if you do choose to mod it. FBI and mods are scary.

Reactions: Thronico and KMN

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
Just about to boot up a new playthrough for v0.16.1. Super excited to get back in to this again, though I do hope you get around to actually doing a thing with bathrooms and all the mechanics thereon in.
Loving all the progress you're making, though. The bugfix in v0.16.0 for making field spells work properly is super nice and something I actually forgot to mention.

Edit 1:
I forgot to mention that I love that the game fits the screen resolution better. Very nice to have an rpgm actually scale to full screen, albeit windowed, mode so much more pleasantly.
On a separate note though I was wondering if you were thinking of making it so that the income from jobs scales up to a higher figure? Presently it's quite low and I've found it quite difficult to actually earn the money necessary to buy the things often needed for classes like sword fighting for instance.
Entirely up to you and yours, just thought I'd bring it up, being able to build up to an extra hundred gold would be swell and make things easier. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I typically only work Kitchen and Inn once I've finished studying available for the semester.

Also I mentioned bathroom mechanics... perhaps I've missed something there but I got the feeling, from the dialogue prompt that appears, that you have something in mind for it.
Either I haven't yet managed to trigger whatever you have in mind or it simply isn't implemented yet. How far are you looking at taking the bathroom stuff? Will she have to actually use the restroom on occasion? Perhaps something you could looking at implanting as a toggle option in settings? I only question cause it's something I've noticed that certain dev's have forced on people in some games but I have seen at least one game where they gave you the option to toggle the toilet stuff off and on.

I also thought I'd add that I noticed some sort of weird clipping on the screen edges when viewing the status window in full screen. Just a small observation, quite odd.
Have you also noticed, on occasion, an odd line appearing above the player character when standing in front of certain objects? I noticed it in the bedroom if you stand in front of the desk where you can see a faint line appearing to hover just over her head. Looks like an ellipses or something.
I still love how, when the cutscenes play out, whenever you're following someone or someone's following you that odd distance seems to form between as each tries to catch up. I thought it was a bug at first but now it's more like a quirky feature that I find to be endearing and makes me smile for some reason.
Some other things I'm curious about... in certain classes you're supposed to receive items from completing them. Like potions or alchemy...I forget which one but one of those classes is supposed to give you a pestle for grinding and potion making... I've yet to figure out where to find that and how to use it yet I noticed you mentioned something to do with potions or something in the patch notes. So far I've just been visiting the village and using the workbench on the right end of the village next to the dog, maybe I goofed up again though.
What is your intention with that dog by the way? I love the little feller, he's totally adorable. Will he become a pet after being friendly with him for a few days at some point? I'd love having a pup to see back home, certainly you can understand that c:

If you don't respond before I have more things to say then I'll just continue to edit this post to add more. Less obnoxious that way, I think. Thanks for your time and/or hearing me out.

Edit 2:
Good golly, I think I've become a little too invested in this project. I hope I don't come across as rude or creepy. >.>

Last edited:

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
...On a separate note though I was wondering if you were thinking of making it so that the income from jobs scales up to a higher figure? Presently it's quite low and I've found it quite difficult to actually earn the money necessary to buy the things often needed for classes like sword fighting for instance...
Taking some self study classes ($200 each) will reduce the financial burden. You will still get the full scholarship money for passing them. It is a nice way to slack a bit and work on relationship and other side goals because you don't have to grind for money as hard. You can choose to not take any classes for a semester or fewer than 4, but just remember that your scholarship money will be reduced.

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
I'm not well skilled for anything artistic, so could someone out there make and share a signature picture for this game? I would imagine that several others would appreciate it too.

Reactions: Horacio55555

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Just about to boot up a new playthrough for v0.16.1. Super excited to get back in to this again, though I do hope you get around to actually doing a thing with bathrooms and all the mechanics thereon in.
Loving all the progress you're making, though. The bugfix in v0.16.0 for making field spells work properly is super nice and something I actually forgot to mention.

Edit 1:
I forgot to mention that I love that the game fits the screen resolution better. Very nice to have an rpgm actually scale to full screen, albeit windowed, mode so much more pleasantly.
On a separate note though I was wondering if you were thinking of making it so that the income from jobs scales up to a higher figure? Presently it's quite low and I've found it quite difficult to actually earn the money necessary to buy the things often needed for classes like sword fighting for instance.
Entirely up to you and yours, just thought I'd bring it up, being able to build up to an extra hundred gold would be swell and make things easier. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I typically only work Kitchen and Inn once I've finished studying available for the semester.

Also I mentioned bathroom mechanics... perhaps I've missed something there but I got the feeling, from the dialogue prompt that appears, that you have something in mind for it.
Either I haven't yet managed to trigger whatever you have in mind or it simply isn't implemented yet. How far are you looking at taking the bathroom stuff? Will she have to actually use the restroom on occasion? Perhaps something you could looking at implanting as a toggle option in settings? I only question cause it's something I've noticed that certain dev's have forced on people in some games but I have seen at least one game where they gave you the option to toggle the toilet stuff off and on.

I also thought I'd add that I noticed some sort of weird clipping on the screen edges when viewing the status window in full screen. Just a small observation, quite odd.
Have you also noticed, on occasion, an odd line appearing above the player character when standing in front of certain objects? I noticed it in the bedroom if you stand in front of the desk where you can see a faint line appearing to hover just over her head. Looks like an ellipses or something.
I still love how, when the cutscenes play out, whenever you're following someone or someone's following you that odd distance seems to form between as each tries to catch up. I thought it was a bug at first but now it's more like a quirky feature that I find to be endearing and makes me smile for some reason.
Some other things I'm curious about... in certain classes you're supposed to receive items from completing them. Like potions or alchemy...I forget which one but one of those classes is supposed to give you a pestle for grinding and potion making... I've yet to figure out where to find that and how to use it yet I noticed you mentioned something to do with potions or something in the patch notes. So far I've just been visiting the village and using the workbench on the right end of the village next to the dog, maybe I goofed up again though.
What is your intention with that dog by the way? I love the little feller, he's totally adorable. Will he become a pet after being friendly with him for a few days at some point? I'd love having a pup to see back home, certainly you can understand that c:

If you don't respond before I have more things to say then I'll just continue to edit this post to add more. Less obnoxious that way, I think. Thanks for your time and/or hearing me out.

Edit 2:
Good golly, I think I've become a little too invested in this project. I hope I don't come across as rude or creepy. >.>
Thanks for the feedback! I do have a little planned for the restrooms, including being able to use them, but I thought I might save that for a mode I was thinking, something like... realism mode? Iono what I'll call it, but I'll have an optional mode that toggles certain features such as a more realistic menstrual cycle, restroom need/use(With potential accidents!), etc etc.

I think the nurse's aid PTJ scales a bit better (at least 300 max) but also has corresponding costs to go with it in terms of buying supplies for the minigame (you're provided a bit of gold for it, but that's profit if you don't gotta buy stuff for it !)

Future jobs will have better scaling, this "tier" i just wanted to keep fairly low and then balance all the stuff all at once later. (likely lowering/adjusting class costs to make them all fit right.
Edit- I forgot to mention! The alchemy pestle spawns on your room's table after you unlock it in potions class!
There are plans to expand the underground area properly (and be able to set up furniture such as tables, chairs, pestles, etc there too! But for now, it's mainly in the bedroom.

I'm not well skilled for anything artistic, so could someone out there make and share a signature picture for this game? I would imagine that several others would appreciate it too.
I would love to see that too! I don't feel I'm good enough at art to do it myself yet, but if someone else can make one that would be amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: Horacio55555

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Some oddities I found on a fresh playthrough of 16.1:
The new tutorial conflicts with the prompt to go to the fiancial aid office in an odd way. If you say yes to both prompts (which both show up), you get teleported to where the tutorial takes you instead of the financial aid office. Then on the next day upon getting a secret passage pointed out to me, when I use it, the financial aid speech immediately starts. I know why this happens (secret passage in the dorm booksheld takes you right to that financial aid office) but to a new player who tries the tunnel it can seem odd and sudden. Maybe this'll get addressed once the tutorial gets extended?

Also, when entering the slime sewers for a catalyst, and the slime fight starts, the text that shows up says you can press F to have Anya shoot a magical arrow is wrong. It was actually mapped to R.

Also when I accidentally entered the forest dungeon a day or two later, I got a "default gameover" popup and sent to the nurse's office. I think this is because you aren't supposed to go there without a way to defend yourself (I didn't yet have a wand or Magic Arrow), but an explanation would be nice and probably a prompt about the area being dangerous when you try to enter it.

This might all be stuff you intended to address, mind.

Reactions: hgameartman

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Another note: it might be worth mentioning that Magic Arrow and a number of other spells have a cooldown in the text that appears when you fight the slimes. Since otherwise a new player might repeatly press the Magic Arrow button and wonder why it feels unresponsive.

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
Taking some self study classes ($200 each) will reduce the financial burden. You will still get the full scholarship money for passing them. It is a nice way to slack a bit and work on relationship and other side goals because you don't have to grind for money as hard. You can choose to not take any classes for a semester or fewer than 4, but just remember that your scholarship money will be reduced.
Ya know I hadn't actually noted the fact that you still get full scholarship money for taking them. I was under the impression that once you'd taken a class once that the results/rewards for it would be a one off thing that would only increase up until you 100% that class. Thanks for the insight, bud.

Thanks for the feedback! I do have a little planned for the restrooms, including being able to use them, but I thought I might save that for a mode I was thinking, something like... realism mode? Iono what I'll call it, but I'll have an optional mode that toggles certain features such as a more realistic menstrual cycle, restroom need/use(With potential accidents!), etc etc.

I think the nurse's aid PTJ scales a bit better (at least 300 max) but also has corresponding costs to go with it in terms of buying supplies for the minigame (you're provided a bit of gold for it, but that's profit if you don't gotta buy stuff for it !)

Future jobs will have better scaling, this "tier" i just wanted to keep fairly low and then balance all the stuff all at once later. (likely lowering/adjusting class costs to make them all fit right.
Edit- I forgot to mention! The alchemy pestle spawns on your room's table after you unlock it in potions class!
There are plans to expand the underground area properly (and be able to set up furniture such as tables, chairs, pestles, etc there too! But for now, it's mainly in the bedroom.
I like the sound of what you have in mind for the bathroom mechanics. Mostly I was curious to see if you would be willing to cater to a wider audience with extra toggleable things like that, more options are always welcome.
The job stuff is more of a minor issue for me, though it brings some relief to hear that you're planning on expanding on it regardless. I'll have to give the nurse a try.
The alchemy pestle in the room... I'll have to keep my eye out for that. How about a crafting bench to make the wand's etc? I don't think those were done via pestle, I presume I missed that in the bedroom too >.>

Thanks for your response, it's very appreciated.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Hi, how do you get wood for the wand? I went outside, between the school and the village, and didn't find any. Thanks!

Edit: Ah, found it! It's in the area with the wolves, to the south east of the castle.

Last edited:

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
Hi, how do you get wood for the wand? I went outside, between the school and the village, and didn't find any. Thanks!
A reliable place to find them seems to be an area you can access by going all the way to the right outside then up. Be forewarned, you'll have to run around the monsters in that area to grab some wood. You'll need two, I think.

Also as a side note, I'm confused that Anya's magic arrow that you use while exploring the slime dungeon for a catalyst for a wand has a cooldown while regular magic arrow doesn't.

dragonflame

Mar 9, 2020
it look good. but i hope they rework there art. some of them is good and some of them is not. i feel like they rush there work and it feel like a kid drew this.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
it look good. but i hope they rework there art. some of them is good and some of them is not. i feel like they rush there work and it feel like a kid drew this.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not exactly the best artist, and much of the artwork in this game is modular, and requires a lot of time to get all the parts/stuff together. So, for example, the slime scenes were all drawn/animated by me a year ago, while the main character's newest bust (and a bunch of other things, like Vinyae's bust) were drawn much more recently!

A year ago the main character looked like this, as an example of how the art has grown over the last year. OliviaClothedUniform.png
And that drawing took me hours and hours of work back when I made it! Probably double the amount of time her newest image took me to make!

A major goal behind making the game for me has been to grow in my art skill. Without something to apply my skills on, I would not have done any art, and instead played around with code all day (something I'm fairly good at since I have a software engineering degree).

I have regularly been reworking art(Olivia's new bust image was just implemented in January!), with Anya up next! (And the slime scenes shortly after that, as I do have a basis image for it, just need to do animation/etc etc).

Ya know I hadn't actually noted the fact that you still get full scholarship money for taking them. I was under the impression that once you'd taken a class once that the results/rewards for it would be a one off thing that would only increase up until you 100% that class. Thanks for the insight, bud.

I like the sound of what you have in mind for the bathroom mechanics. Mostly I was curious to see if you would be willing to cater to a wider audience with extra toggleable things like that, more options are always welcome.
The job stuff is more of a minor issue for me, though it brings some relief to hear that you're planning on expanding on it regardless. I'll have to give the nurse a try.
The alchemy pestle in the room... I'll have to keep my eye out for that. How about a crafting bench to make the wand's etc? I don't think those were done via pestle, I presume I missed that in the bedroom too >.>

Thanks for your response, it's very appreciated.
The crafting bench is available in the village with the puppy (who would be a great pet!) She's mostly added as me and my fiance lost our dog recently to cancer and I wanted to make a homage to her.

Later on the underground area will be expanded in several ways, with the option to install a bed (and wake up there instead of in your room!) and fully customize the room with new flooring , wallpaper, furniture, etc etc etc.

More extensive upgrades that are planned include stuff like crafting stations, bedrooms/private rooms for h-scenes, and probably more advanced stuff like a room to breed new slime types that would tie into slime parasites!

All future plans, of course. Mostly because I haven't had the time to go back and seperate/draw/fix spritework for basic furniture even, too busy redoing character art now that I made a rather big increase in skills a few months ago.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! I'm not exactly the best artist, and much of the artwork in this game is modular, and requires a lot of time to get all the parts/stuff together. So, for example, the slime scenes were all drawn/animated by me a year ago, while the main character's newest bust (and a bunch of other things, like Vinyae's bust) were drawn much more recently!

A year ago the main character looked like this, as an example of how the art has grown over the last year. View attachment 1025740
And that drawing took me hours and hours of work back when I made it! Probably double the amount of time her newest image took me to make!

A major goal behind making the game for me has been to grow in my art skill. Without something to apply my skills on, I would not have done any art, and instead played around with code all day (something I'm fairly good at since I have a software engineering degree).

I have regularly been reworking art(Olivia's new bust image was just implemented in January!), with Anya up next! (And the slime scenes shortly after that, as I do have a basis image for it, just need to do animation/etc etc).
I like your art a lot! I hope you stick to it! It's unique and makes your game distinct! Moreover, I think the real charm of your game is the balance between needing to do stuff (clubs and making money), learning, and getting H-scenes. High budget art and bad gameplay is not as fun as art and amazing gameplay. Have you seen games by Suzuya? Those are some of my favorite games, and I almost bought all of them.

Also, I'm amazed that you are tackling pregnancy. I think it's a really cool and undersold mechanic, mainly because it's to hard to implement and takes so much art. Good on ya, and good luck!

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
(sorry for the double post)

For swordtraining 2, she says you should spar once, "In the room below". Could you clarify which room? Is it the teachers area on floor 1? Is it with Andrew? Thanks!

Edit: ah, figured it out. He's in the same room as Andrew.

Last edited:

Horacio55555

Nov 11, 2020
I like your art a lot! I hope you stick to it! It's unique and makes your game distinct! Moreover, I think the real charm of your game is the balance between needing to do stuff (clubs and making money), learning, and getting H-scenes. High budget art and bad gameplay is not as fun as art and amazing gameplay. Have you seen games by Suzuya? Those are some of my favorite games, and I almost bought all of them.

Also, I'm amazed that you are tackling pregnancy. I think it's a really cool and undersold mechanic, mainly because it's to hard to implement and takes so much art. Good on ya, and good luck!
It's really nice to see someone else who really... get's it. I especially agree with you on the art being so unique thus allowing the game to be more distinct.
You mention Suzuya and I can only assume they are a dev... any recommendations from there work? If what they have is anything like this project then I'm certainly interested and would appreciate your insight.
I hope you continue to enjoy this game too. Nice and fairly frequent updates and a dev who actively engages with the community. We are all in for a nice ride, me thinks.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
It's really nice to see someone else who really... get's it. I especially agree with you on the art being so unique thus allowing the game to be more distinct.
You mention Suzuya and I can only assume they are a dev... any recommendations from there work? If what they have is anything like this project then I'm certainly interested and would appreciate your insight.
I hope you continue to enjoy this game too. Nice and fairly frequent updates and a dev who actively engages with the community. We are all in for a nice ride, me thinks.
Thanks! Yep, Suzuya is a dev group from Japan. There's a couple other Japanese groups who don't front like super high budget images but have cool gameplay include Mijiishi and Landcut. Unfortunately, Suzuya and Mijiishi almost exclusively make NTR games, which is not everyone's cup of tea. I like them because the main protagonist are usually in on the fun and games, so it's not like cruelty for the sake of cruelty. Landcut also has some NTR games, but not all their games have that.

You can check out their game lists here:

I personally like:

1. "Man Who Fell for a Knightess Whore Has His Cuckoldry Fetish Deepen" by Suzuya, because it made me realize "Whore Knight" is totally my thing...
  2. "Amour Maho Academy" by Mijiishi, which has a similar concept to Horny Mage Academy.
  3. "Lafilia, Princess of the Nearby Kingdom", "Ria's Holy Grail Exploration Log", and "Karen the Knight - Castaway on Goja Island" by Landcut for their generally simple but addictive gameplay loop. None of these have NTR.
Cheers!

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
[BUG] - Not sure if this bug is known, but I was exploring the forest dungeon and a tentacle plant grabbed me. I struggled free and my sprite was locked facing down. I could still move and shoot in any direction, but I could no longer interact with chests or area exits. As I could not proceed or recover, I allows the orcs to kill me and the bug remained after I was back in my room. I'll try to play with this bug some next session.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes