2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
is the story good enough to play
Story? What story?

All kidding aside, there is backstory and lore in the classes, and a hint of the main storyline to come(which follows the exploration of a mysterious dungeon that appears in the school early on in the game) but the main storyline isn't fleshed out yet as I'm still working at making the combat fun and engaging.

more like, has gallery been added yet?
It would be nightmare fuel.
_Busts_OliviaBase.png _BUSTFACES-OliviaShyEmbarrasedBlushLowMouth.png _Busts_OliviaNudeBreastArms-Hiding.png
A scene gallery may come eventually, but will require a lot of work and time that a part-time dev who has to work at their dayjob couldn't handle right now without getting bored and crashing.

Just wondering, the game got pregnancy content right ?
Yep! You can get yourself pregnant by Human, Nekomata, Werewolf, Imp demons, or infested with slime parasites (basically have baby slimes repeatedly!) or tentacle parasites (still in progress, but you geta plant creature growing inside you!)

Most scenes support pregnancy as well, and one of the romanceable options already has implemented a pregnancy scene for her as well. (with bust image support!)

this game need facial expression every pregnant stage,,, like in VH
Already supported, but not utilized properly.
I think I need to hook in corruption/purity into the pregnancy state and have the facial expression play off that rather than base, like it does now when you strip, but I never went back and implemented/tested/etc for it.

Glad to see you are working more, but school is too big and basic gameplay loop is still tedious.

Don't give up, but you need to rethink why you need such MASSIVE areas for such relative small amount of events. Even with large numbers of events, why needing SO MUCH SPACE?

Yes it is understood you are trying to make huge scary old magic school, but mostly game is running between areas or grinding. Really even the fun grinding like xxx.
Traversal is less of an issue at the moment than the terrible dungeon level design and relative brokenness of several jobs/clubs.
It's difficult to even find and join the corrupt church, much less go back (sort of a hassel, and for little reward). Book club is straight up still missing 3/4ths or more of its content still, though the rewards (mana regen!) are fairly nice.

Gardening club is straight up broken. Missing 3/4ths of the content and useless to boot. (goal to work on it soonish!)

Jobs are... ok, but need work. Most are mostly fleshed out (nurses aid is missing the advanced level with a bunch of sexy content, and might even be broken with the current content, still testing!)

And even if all those were 100%, it's still a long way from a fleshed out game. There's still tons of content I need to add, 7 more clubs and jobs to start(but not all at once!) and 5ish new characters to date!

Oh and dating.. Oh it's a mess. Main storylines, repetable scenes, small mini-dates that you can repeat, and side stories!
All jammed into etiher COMM or talking to them with no regard for orginzation (well, I tried, I was just stupid when I started it)

But anyway, back to the traversal problem.
Learning to traverse the world, dotted in secret passageways, with warp crystals and a confusing layout, is supposed to reward investigation and learning the layout. (not sure how successful that is yet! But I'll do my best to make it more engaging!)

The traversal problem is designed to be an early-game issue, as late game you not only know the layout and secret movement options, but also have access to a new hub area that interconnects the world with tunnels you can build (by paying gold, waiting for time, or just showing your butt off to imp workers!) In addition, gate crystals (basically stationary teleport points) are not only craftable, you can place and remove them almost literally anywhere in the world! (minus dungeons and stuff)

Teleportation spells are available and the crystals are cheap to use as well.

Early game (semester pre-unlocking the hub), you can utilize the plethora of secret passageways for short-range travel(many of them congregate into specific areas to make mini-hubs on each floor!). In addition, the game starts you off with 3 default gate crystals spread out throughout the world.

You can pick those up and move them around anywhere you want, giving you 3 teleport points to any point in the game.

Combined with traversal tricks like knowing that ending the evening on floor 2-3 (church ptj or reading a book) will plop you into your room instantly for a job at night, or using morning traversal to class to get closer to areas you need to be like church or gardening club (once it's actually worth it), and I think traversal might not be so bad! (Although again, lots of basic stuff to fix before it works out like that)

The tutorial expansion (auto-moves you around using the Comm during semester 1 for introducing you to new elements) and perhaps a guided mode (use said system for an optional "randomly assigned task warp" system ala Persona5's texts you get)
Should also clear up some of the issues the game has with traversal early on, if needed. Again though, gotta work and develop them all first!

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
It's a shame, but the mac version isn't playable. Can't save and the furthest I can get without it crashing is trying to sleep after you get a tour of the school on your first day.

Edit: I downloaded v18 and saw how that went. I still had save issues, but I fixed them by dragging the Game file to the applications folder and it saved normally. So v19 just needs the bugs worked out from it, and the game should be fine for mac.
Thanks for letting me know! I don't have a mac PC so I can't do any testing (I only offer mac builds because people asked for them and I had the options to export them) What sort of error was it giving you when it crashed? I'll try my best to fix it up, even if I can't directly test and debug it myself.

Pink Chaos

Dec 4, 2019
There seems to be a lot of crashes associated with doing the 2nd floor at night for the corrupt church. I've gotten crashes in the morning after getting to the church and doing the dark mass, upon saving on the 2nd floor, and now upon attempting to enter the 2nd floor at night (that also caused the save I did right after entering the 2nd floor to crash the game upon attempting to load it).

In short, right now the corrupt church seems to be untenable.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
There seems to be a lot of crashes associated with doing the 2nd floor at night for the corrupt church. I've gotten crashes in the morning after getting to the church and doing the dark mass, upon saving on the 2nd floor, and now upon attempting to enter the 2nd floor at night (that also caused the save I did right after entering the 2nd floor to crash the game upon attempting to load it).

In short, right now the corrupt church seems to be untenable.
Will add it to the testing list!
I managed to get through about 16 classes, 4 ish semesters, and much of the waterway dungeon last update after restarting my test file again.
I'll continue looking for bugs, probably focusing on church, corrupt church, nurses aid job, and etc along with the classes I find along the way.

It also needs some updates into content, but baby steps, bugs first!

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
(turns out null values of -1 for everything really aren't making new class code happy)
Did you know about the guy who got a custom NULL license plate for his car? .

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Did you know about the guy who got a custom NULL license plate for his car? .
Oh thats fun. In my case at least the fix is potentially somewhat simple, if labor intensive. all I have to do is find each place class array is pulled up and add code to skip the null values.

In my case thats like, 30 places max

nukeofwf

Oct 26, 2016
Nurses treatment does not seem to remove tentacle plant core.
I have tried looking at switches and variables, and the debug tool, but none of those seems to remove it either.

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
While I'm working on a V0.19.2 to hotfix the issues with tentacle plant parasites being too clingy.... (had a small bit of a delay with stuff due to my second covid shot knocking me out for 3-4 days.)

Here's a little update on the side-project!

You can also find a development thread here for it!
https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-ma...ries-development-thread-and-discussion.82666/

Any feedback at all is appreciated (though should probably go into the development thread to keep things neat and tidy and on topic here!)

Reactions: Blackrockomega

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.19.2 Hotfix!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Win - - -
MAC - - -

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Bug: The gardening club mortar has no recipes able to be crafted when using it.
Noted!
I've been slowly going through the areas of the game as I restarted my test playthrough and fixing up things one step at a time. Gardening club's due for an overhaul anyway (it has a lot planned for it! Like grow-your-own tentacle plants!) so I'll be reworking it soon.

nukeofwf

Oct 26, 2016
I will try to keep an eye out for what conditions lead to the error but can't recall right now.
Also the mark/recall spell does not function, except it seems to be a 1 range attack spell. very odd behavior

Reactions: hgameartman

nukeofwf

Oct 26, 2016
I had just finished the chruch night dungeon, and attempted to save in the 'safe' area where the ritual takes place and this popped up:
1621276336416.png

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I had just finished the chruch night dungeon, and attempted to save in the 'safe' area where the ritual takes place and this popped up:
View attachment 1199707
Someone else mentioned the corrupt church (dungeon as well as the church itself) was having lots of issues, I'll be looking into those as soon as I can!

As people have mentioned, best keep a few save files as the game can be a bit... crash happy sometimes. I added an autosave in, but it's (no surprise) also buggy! (and keeps drawing the cursor down to it when it's not supposed to)

Eventually I'll clear up all the bugs! It's just taking a while to work through a yearish of technical debt from my bad code habits early on.

nukeofwf

Oct 26, 2016
That's one I haven't seen yet. Any info on how the error happened? Location, actions taken before crash, etc? I feel like it's something to do with an array I used last update, but I'm not sure entirely.
Alright so on the 'foreach' issue, I seem to be able to replicate it by going to a dark church ritual, then upon waking the next day that fires.
For now though I think you should ignor this one, as it may be my fault.

Also, It looks like the version updating script fires every time I enter the Female Dorms.

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes