2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

Star_glider

Jun 14, 2018
For the Inn job, I feel like it should better articulate that you need to inspect the items you're told not to clean (and then say no to cleaning them) as it took me way too many docked paychecks to figure out that when they say "don't clean the desk" that means "purposefully inspect the desk (including presumably whatever's on it that they don't want cleaned off) and leave it be" which is not exactly the service I'd want from cleaning staff IRL.
He does have a point. If it's not to be cleaned, why even inspect it?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
He does have a point. If it's not to be cleaned, why even inspect it?
Mostly technical limitations. The game was checking at each point of cleaning if the cleaning was done. If it wasn't checked it would throw a "not cleaned!" error as you left. I left it at that for a long while because the individual events couldn't really communicate with the door outside of throwing a switch when you messed with it. The door, similarly, couldn't know exactly what you did at that time, only that you did (or didn't do) something in that room.

Ironically, the minigame itself did have a method of communicating, an Array that was set at the start of the minigame to set the values of what needed to be cleaned! I had just never figured out that I could use it to fix this issue until I came back to it recently.

In the next update now the door checks the stored values in the minigame if you don't check something, then only docks you points if it was set to require it to be cleaned. Back when I made the minigame 2 years ago I didn't have much experience with javascript (I specialized in C, C#, and java back in college) and I hadn't had much experience with rpgmaker MV's code systems in general. I did what I could to make it "work", even if it wasn't 100% what I wanted to start with.

There's really a lot of stuff like this in the game. I recently(ish) redid the entire class arrays because it was saving everything to the save file each update, causing a massive mess. I've been slowly going back and rewriting stuff like that, redoing events (like the gardening club, which still needs more work!) and such to try to make things work nicely and be less buggy.

Last edited:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.28.0 Beta is up on patreon! Featuring an extensive update of the underground base, including multiple pieces of furniture you can design with!
Game_BjQtTToUnw.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: l2ailgun

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.28.1 Release!

- -

Last edited:
Reactions: International

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
V0.28.1 Release!

- -
Shame about issues, honestly pretty big deal breakers at the moment, but good changes and fixes all around, keep up the good work.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Shame about issues, honestly pretty big deal breakers at the moment, but good changes and fixes all around, keep up the good work.
Many of the bigger issues are things that will just take a while to slowly work through. The issues list doesn't even show half of the problems I'm sure, I'm just slowly working my way through issues as they are reported/I find them.

An example being the map sizes. I spent 5 months or so spending the majority of my development time just working through them, redoing entire large sections of the game to fix it. I think it's now somewhat ok, although it could probably still use a bit more work.

There was a ton of fast forward progress during the first year of development, but that left a lot of bugs and issues and half-finsihed content. I'm now working my way slowly through fixing everything and fixing systemic errors like lack of direction, grindiness, etc, while making sure to make steady, if somewhat slower, forward progress with sexy events, etc.

Reactions: Frurose

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
There was a ton of fast forward progress during the first year of development, but that left a lot of bugs and issues and half-finsihed content. I'm now working my way slowly through fixing everything and fixing systemic errors like lack of direction, grindiness, etc, while making sure to make steady, if somewhat slower, forward progress with sexy events, etc.
I think from the start of this project you had a pretty good foresight, I remember people ragging on art style back then, but the idea for a game is very ambitious and so far I think it's progressing quite nicely, brings back VH vibes for sure.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
...and now the library research game is busted. A moment after it starts, it ends, and you have no research done.
I don't think I've even touched the code for that in months. I have no idea how it could be broken now, but I'll get right on testing and fixing it!

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
I don't think I've even touched the code for that in months. I have no idea how it could be broken now, but I'll get right on testing and fixing it!
I think the game is good and system is very nice slice of life fantasy but I only have one more minor complain and that is with MC display picture feel to stiff, Like it i needs to be change to a pose that how a bit more life to it. rather just her standing an her arms down.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I think the game is good and system is very nice slice of life fantasy but I only have one more minor complain and that is with MC display picture feel to stiff, Like it i needs to be change to a pose that how a bit more life to it. rather just her standing an her arms down.
It's very stiff, and certainly needs to be redone!
But I want to get a bit more practice in with drawing first (to get better at drawing more interesting, fun poses), and to do that I instead started focusing on drawing new fun animations for Eillana(like the paizuri animation)

But, at the same time, until the main character's artwork is redone, I can't do a lot of other stuff like fix the stats screen (I want to revamp it entirely), draw new outfits for her (Several are needed, like gym, swimwear, tavern ptj, etc etc), or many other things.

It's a high priority item, but I wanna make sure I do good on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasterx17

jasterx17

May 20, 2019
It's very stiff, and certainly needs to be redone!
But I want to get a bit more practice in with drawing first (to get better at drawing more interesting, fun poses), and to do that I instead started focusing on drawing new fun animations for Eillana(like the paizuri animation)

But, at the same time, until the main character's artwork is redone, I can't do a lot of other stuff like fix the stats screen (I want to revamp it entirely), draw new outfits for her (Several are needed, like gym, swimwear, tavern ptj, etc etc), or many other things.

It's a high priority item, but I wanna make sure I do good on it.
I appreciate the replay and I do see a lot improvement in your art, so I know you will do good in the end. Take your time on it.

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes