2.70 star(s) 15 Votes

cyrotek

Oct 7, 2018
How the hell do you recruit ppl for the book club??? literally talked to every student but they just give their normal reply and dont even bother about recruitement

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
How the hell do you recruit ppl for the book club??? literally talked to every student but they just give their normal reply and dont even bother about recruitement
Do you have the Book Club Sign up sheet in your inventory? If not, try to get it from Eillana again.
If you do, any student standing in the halls can be asked to join, although many will have negative or lewd responses, based on their personality.

been over a semester still haven't given birth to human baby
Human babies take a fairly long time to be born, to set them apart from monster babies. There's supposed to be more in-depth events surrounding them, but the art fell behind for it so it's still in progress.

cyrotek

Oct 7, 2018
Do you have the Book Club Sign up sheet in your inventory? If not, try to get it from Eillana again.
If you do, any student standing in the halls can be asked to join, although many will have negative or lewd responses, based on their personality.
I'm following your guide ( ), the thing is, wether I hit recruit or never mind, their response is exactly the same and dont mention the recruitment, the signup is there tho.

Edit: Literally talked to like every student inside the whole building btw

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I'm following your guide ( ), the thing is, wether I hit recruit or never mind, their response is exactly the same and dont mention the recruitment, the signup is there tho.

Edit: Literally talked to like every student inside the whole building btw
I'll look into it and see if it's bugged out and fix it if is!

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
2 years into the makin....so, are we gonna get any updates about the chruch?
Like much of the early content, on the list but taking a while to get to.
It likely needs deep overhauls (particularly in the corrupt church section, but also a bunch in the regular church sections), but so does 3/4ths of the rest of the game.

I'm trying to hit areas that I felt are either really bugged out/lacking/broken (like the underground base area) first, and spend a larger period of time on each (so I don't get left with the feeling that I rushed the area and moved on too quickly)

Feb 1, 2018
Like much of the early content, on the list but taking a while to get to.
It likely needs deep overhauls (particularly in the corrupt church section, but also a bunch in the regular church sections), but so does 3/4ths of the rest of the game.

I'm trying to hit areas that I felt are either really bugged out/lacking/broken (like the underground base area) first, and spend a larger period of time on each (so I don't get left with the feeling that I rushed the area and moved on too quickly)
That's fair. A pity that we wont be able to learn light/dark magic for a while. Or have like a different outfit for the churches. Like a nun costume.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
V0.29.0 Release: Base Update 2!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Frurose

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
I enjoyed this game a lot when I played it and the "secret base" had just been introduced, didn't really touch that bit. Is there any value to actually messing around with remodeling that area? It seems like it's just a clunky version of "sims" house decorating, but there's no classes, quests, or npc's in there that I saw.
So what's the point? Seems like the dev is investing an awful lot of time on this "secret base" rather than writing new quests or classes.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
I enjoyed this game a lot when I played it and the "secret base" had just been introduced, didn't really touch that bit. Is there any value to actually messing around with remodeling that area? It seems like it's just a clunky version of "sims" house decorating, but there's no classes, quests, or npc's in there that I saw.
So what's the point? Seems like the dev is investing an awful lot of time on this "secret base" rather than writing new quests or classes.
The end goal is to have it be a sort of "Enhanced hub area" with the tunnels giving access to much of the world, and consolidating crafting, character locations (starting with visiting, eventually they get their own rooms), expanding gardening and resource collecting (Mini greenhouse, training rooms, etc), having it tie into the optional survival mode (A kitchen, restrooms, etc etc)

Essentially, the final bit to fixing some of the travel issues that really hit the game hard early on is here. Combined with the reduced map sizes it should allow for easy access to dungeons, part time jobs, clubs, etc from one central location once you unlock and build it up.

Also, redoing the main character's artwork, including multiple outfits and poses, as well redoing the stats screen UI, is going to take a while.

Photoshop_wXchbivE6x.png

I'm really not a fast artist, unfortunately. This (plus a few movable parts like legs and 2 arm positions). Has taken a large portion of the last few weeks, and I'm still not happy with it. (The hair and face, right arm, and misc other things, not to mention the many other parts that need to be drawn like different expressions, and then the rigging and animation process as well)

Instead of rushing ahead and throwing up a bunch of new stuff that's half-finished, I figured I would spend a while making the secret base area something worth investing in. I also do have some fun h-events planned (mostly an expansion to the current prostitution systems that starts with the girl in the dorms) and probably a continuation of Eillana's side-story (her investigation into lewd magic to enhance her own mana) which I will work on as well while I redo the main character's artwork over the next while.

It's also a good chance to expand and fix crafting and refining (Moving it over to the plugin system and giving some interesting/fun furniture as recipes), and make misc other bugfixes and changes to the systems to work through some of the issues that have been sitting for a while.

DirtyMare88

Jun 26, 2020
The end goal is to have it be a sort of "Enhanced hub area" with the tunnels giving access to much of the world, and consolidating crafting, character locations (starting with visiting, eventually they get their own rooms), expanding gardening and resource collecting (Mini greenhouse, training rooms, etc), having it tie into the optional survival mode (A kitchen, restrooms, etc etc)

Essentially, the final bit to fixing some of the travel issues that really hit the game hard early on is here. Combined with the reduced map sizes it should allow for easy access to dungeons, part time jobs, clubs, etc from one central location once you unlock and build it up.

Also, redoing the main character's artwork, including multiple outfits and poses, as well redoing the stats screen UI, is going to take a while.

View attachment 1848826

I'm really not a fast artist, unfortunately. This (plus a few movable parts like legs and 2 arm positions). Has taken a large portion of the last few weeks, and I'm still not happy with it. (The hair and face, right arm, and misc other things, not to mention the many other parts that need to be drawn like different expressions, and then the rigging and animation process as well)

Instead of rushing ahead and throwing up a bunch of new stuff that's half-finished, I figured I would spend a while making the secret base area something worth investing in. I also do have some fun h-events planned (mostly an expansion to the current prostitution systems that starts with the girl in the dorms) and probably a continuation of Eillana's side-story (her investigation into lewd magic to enhance her own mana) which I will work on as well while I redo the main character's artwork over the next while.

It's also a good chance to expand and fix crafting and refining (Moving it over to the plugin system and giving some interesting/fun furniture as recipes), and make misc other bugfixes and changes to the systems to work through some of the issues that have been sitting for a while.
sounds interesting as it pans out. I was always really interested in the pregnancy content particular, so glad to see that got some expansion recently too. Crafting was a nice system as well, since I was the time that preferred to forage and sell rather than work part time jobs typically.

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Could we get an improved interface for the active spell selection? It's so hard to tell what spells we already have attached to what key. :(

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Could we get an improved interface for the active spell selection? It's so hard to tell what spells we already have attached to what key. :(
On the list of things to do! UI isn't my strong point, but I just got a lot of practice by doing the entire UI for the side-game
https://f95zone.to/threads/horny-ma...-girl-stories-v0-1-0-demo-hgameartman.113995/

So now I'm probably less-bad at it!

I wanted to get in the changes for the stats-screen UI first (which required the new character artwork) so I would have a baseline as to how the updated UI should look, so it might be a bit longer, but I'll for sure get to it at some point!

Syswick

Aug 17, 2018
How does fighting work in this game (v0.29)?
Following this walkthrough
I am in the cave (day 11) surrounded by slime and it is over within seconds. I shall press F, but nothing happens. And as I have to run through the entire dungeon again and again this gets realy annoying.
This is real time combat on hyperspeed!

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
How does fighting work in this game (v0.29)?
Following this walkthrough
I am in the cave (day 11) surrounded by slime and it is over within seconds. I shall press F, but nothing happens. And as I have to run through the entire dungeon again and again this gets realy annoying.
This is real time combat on hyperspeed!
The guide might be outdated and the button might have been rebound. I'll try to update it as soon as I have the time!

You do have to run away a bit, the slimes are deceptively fast (perhaps too fast...)
Anya should tell you which button to use, I think I fixed her dialog at least.
I'll look into it and make sure it's not bugged out!

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Can Anya get pregnant now? or is it main character only? can she get pregnant through normal sex now or is it monsters only?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Can Anya get pregnant now? or is it main character only? can she get pregnant through normal sex now or is it monsters only?
I think I completed a route on her side-story that involves her getting pregnant.
The entrance to the side story is by calling her via the comm menu, though it's not very well tracked (I need to go back and add stuff to the assignment journal)

I'll be revamping a lot of how relationships and their h-events work in the future (as it's too clunky to follow easily right now), so hopefully I can improve it soon.

Last edited:

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I think I completed a route on her side-story that involves her getting pregnant.
The entrance to the side story is by calling her via the comm menu, though it's not very well tracked (I need to go back and add stuff to the assignment journal)

I'll be revamping a lot of how relationships and their h-events work in the future (as it's too clunky to follow easily right now), so hopefully I can improve it soon.
Thank you for letting me know. How far does the main story go? Is it almost 30% through or are you focusing more on h-events and game mechanics right now?

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Thank you for letting me know. How far does the main story go? Is it almost 30% through or are you focusing more on h-events and game mechanics right now?
More focused on game mechanics and h-events at the moment.

The main story is currently somewhat stalled at closer to 20% or so, but that's not really an accurate description of things.

Content-wise the game probably is at closer to 50% complete at a broad overview level (Lots of the content is too shallow to really be said to be "complete" ), but the main focus has been on making a more open-world sandbox style game, so the main storyline really only started getting implemented a few months ago.

Much of the focus right now is on fixing bugs and glitches, redoing older content to expand it (as much of the stuff was only worked on for a few weeks before I moved on!) and redoing older artwork and animations over time.

A good example is that one of my current focus is getting the underground base area up to a level that I'm happy with. This was something that was added along with homeroom at least a year or so ago, but I was so rushed for time you could only put down a table and chairs (that looked awful)

At the same time, I don't want to focus everything into that (it would get boring for everyone I feel), so I chose another area that I wanted to slowly work through, in this case the prostitution system, and started trying to implement an improvement to it (In this case, through a series of events in the dorms you can watch at night, leading into a side system for it)

If I didn't have to work a dayjob I'm sure I could get a lot more done, but it is what it is. It might take a while, but it will eventually be complete! (There is actually a fairly well-defined plan now for the main storyline, but I have to basically go back and fix 90% of the first year and a half of development first!)

Last edited:
2.70 star(s) 15 Votes