2.70 star(s) 15 Votes
Sep 28, 2018
hgameartman

I noticed a few glitches in this update.

Bar
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2.)For the fire water elemental Class, I couldn't find the training rooms. (This might be a suggestion but If you could add room numbers, where necessary, under the assingment tab that would be awesome.)

Dungeon Glitches

Anya Glitches

Hope this helps. I played most of the new update and Its pretty good.

Reactions: hgameartman

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
how do you craft stuff?
To create a wand, take or repeat the Artifacts 1 class. Another method of crafting weapons and clothes will be added in the future.

To create potions or alchemy creations, you have to learn the recipe(gained from potions classes or other clubs/jobs) and have the required crafting mortar level, which is gained from taking potions classes. Once you obtain the mortar, you can craft in your room at the mortar on the table(gained after potions 1), or after leveling up(attending) the gardening club for a certain amount of times (where you can also grow ingredients)

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
Win:
Mac:

Last edited:
Reactions: International
Oct 16, 2019
The art could be better, yeah, that much has been said in the thread already but you have ticked a lot of boxes for me so I am willing to check this game out. Cheers.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
sometimes i cant open the menu, so i cant use items or spells
Is this during combat? You can rebind all skills to your hotbar (through the menu outside of combat.) so they can be used during battle.

Items should always be accessible though, the only time the full menu is disabled is during the tavern PTJ, but it should be re-enabled on leaving and getting paid.

is there a way to adjust spawing in the tower 3 times i have spawned in slimes
Unfortunately not. The mobs will get easier and easier though over time as you gain stats and skills though! My test file is around semester 6-7 with no cheating and can fairly easily dispatch even a hoard, although it does take a massive drain on mana to do so.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
The file still crashes after loosing to the slimes the first time, you cant even make a second save due to this bug.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
The file still crashes after loosing to the slimes the first time, you cant even make a second save due to this bug.
I am aware of the crash, but it's inconsistent to replicate so I'm having trouble fixing it. To be clear, it's a crash that occurs after losing to them the first time they appear in the underground waterway, correct? What save point did you use as well right before the save crash occurred?

I'm trying my best to fix it, but I don't think it's possible to restore corrupted save files after they have been lost, unfortunately.

Last edited:

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
I am aware of the crash, but it's inconsistent to replicate so I'm having trouble fixing it. To be clear, it's a crash that occurs after losing to them the first time they appear in the underground waterway, correct? What save point did you use as well right before the save crash occurred?

I'm trying my best to fix it, but I don't think it's possible to restore corrupted save files after they have been lost, unfortunately.
I did start over with a new game, and saved just before the little girl told you about the waterways, and this time it didn't crash so perhaps the trigger for the bug between that point and where you enter the waterway with Anya.

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
Is this during combat? You can rebind all skills to your hotbar (through the menu outside of combat.) so they can be used during battle.

Items should always be accessible though, the only time the full menu is disabled is during the tavern PTJ, but it should be re-enabled on leaving and getting paid.

Unfortunately not. The mobs will get easier and easier though over time as you gain stats and skills though! My test file is around semester 6-7 with no cheating and can fairly easily dispatch even a hoard, although it does take a massive drain on mana to do so.
no i mean i cant move as i spawn in them and have to pray they hit me lose. like we spawned ontop of eachother

tacosnap123

Mar 3, 2018
one min fix i found was when it aske you if you want to attend class just hit esc to open menu insted of picking any of the three opten then close and you should be fine or if you have the debug tool use it and enable the combat menu for some reanson that gave me controle back

dullman

Jun 4, 2017
One thing about VH I liked was that it was open source project meaning I could add even a small event to it (if I would understand japanese) so my question is are you planning to publish code source or keep it closed? (I mean it really does not matter for most users here but sometimes there is time that you feel like adding/changing game in small parts would be worthwhile.

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
One thing about VH I liked was that it was open source project meaning I could add even a small event to it (if I would understand japanese) so my question is are you planning to publish code source or keep it closed? (I mean it really does not matter for most users here but sometimes there is time that you feel like adding/changing game in small parts would be worthwhile.
I definitely have plans for something like that at the end of development, but nothing concrete yet. I've been trying to keep somewhat OK documentation, but it will probably need a lot more work into documentation by that point, as the game is currently only 10% done or so, and has an estimated time of about 3 years of development (part-time, since I gotta work to eat)

Most of the systems are still in development as well (particularly, I'm redoing the way I set up relationships this build). I'm also using a lot of Javascript to run things, everything from how the classes work to adding new crafting recipes for potions needs at least basic understanding of programming, not to mention the various plugin commands and code to make combat or menus work.

To make a long story short, Yes, but don't expect modding it to be particularly easy. I'm also looking into plugins (or just writing one myself) that would allow the game to load in mods at run-time to make things easier, but no promises yet as it's not exactly something I can put a lot of development time into at this point.

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
question for the thread: is it normal to not be able to access the menu as i see after some days gone i can no longer access it fully well saving in the room at the book :unsure: :unsure:

hgameartman

Game Developer
Dec 31, 2019
question for the thread: is it normal to not be able to access the menu as i see after some days gone i can no longer access it fully well saving in the room at the book :unsure: :unsure:
That is not normal, I'll look into the issue, as the only time the menu should be entirely disabled is during the Tavern PTJ to avoid glitching it.

Oh, Just figured it out. The re-enable for the tavern PTJ doesn't run for some reason if you exit through the sides of the tavern PTJ when leaving. Try running through the tavern ptj (through the job board) and exit straight middle. Should re-enable it, and I'll have that fixed for the next main update.

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
That is not normal, I'll look into the issue, as the only time the menu should be entirely disabled is during the Tavern PTJ to avoid glitching it.

Oh, Just figured it out. The re-enable for the tavern PTJ doesn't run for some reason if you exit through the sides of the tavern PTJ when leaving. Try running through the tavern ptj (through the job board) and exit straight middle. Should re-enable it, and I'll have that fixed for the next main update.
thanks for the reply and okay not sure what the ptj is but i can definitely look it up altho i might not be there yet xD liking the game can't wait for more content in the future

2.70 star(s) 15 Votes