Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The NTR tag will attract a certain group and will offend a certain group (whether it's avoidable or not). That is the audience I was referring to. I feel it is a waste of time and resources and can prove limiting as a storyteller to try to please both. Tell the story you want to tell and those who want to follow will follow.
Also, just my opinion. :)
In general I think we are coming from similar places, maybe just a slightly difference in interpretation of language
Tags are deceptive,and can't really represent the audience, I for example am not into NTR, but I like the route this game is going, the big problem if that few people actually know what NTR is or at very least can't agree on it's meaning.

My interpretation might be wrong and I am wholly prepared to accept that,

but as far as I'm concerned NTR isn't really about an act, it's about an emotion, it's the helplessness you feel as someone you love goes off with someone unworthy of them and there is nothing you can do about it.

All these people whining about the unavoidable NTR at the beginning of the game don't understand that this is the impetuous pushing the protagonist forward alone into the world, it is there to bring colour/definition to his decisions/motives. It shouldn't be considered NTR because you the player have no emotional connection with them even though the protagonist does.

So when I say you can't understand the audience I do mean that literally, You have no idea how well randoms understand the tags in question and how they relate to those interpretations, ie
  • I like challenge, a game is only a game if you can lose, and the best games have stakes/jeopardy
  • the next person might be something of a masochist, seeking an emotional rollercoaster
  • yet another may just want to see as many sex scenes as possible, not caring who is fucking who
  • and of course you have the people who imagine themselves as the anti-mc, as the people screwing the MC's love interests, because there are so few games out there that truely allow you to be the bad guy.
Trying to pander to strangers is difficult enough, trying to pander to the faceless masses who each have a different relationship with the subject matter is lunacy. remember that the people who actually leave comments here are the minority,
I seem to recall something about barrels, noise and being empty, not sure why I brought that up, probably means nothing. :unsure:

Summary because I wrote to much again
Many people posting are just whining/trolling without any constructive purpose, sure there are also lots of lovely people here willing to offer help/advice, be wary though IMO nothing good was ever created by commitee

The most important opinion a Dev should listen to is their own, fufill their own vision.

To Thine Own Self Be True.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
In general I think we are coming from similar places, maybe just a slightly difference in interpretation of language
Tags are deceptive,and can't really represent the audience, I for example am not into NTR, but I like the route this game is going, the big problem if that few people actually know what NTR is or at very least can't agree on it's meaning.

My interpretation might be wrong and I am wholly prepared to accept that,

but as far as I'm concerned NTR isn't really about an act, it's about an emotion, it's the helplessness you feel as someone you love goes off with someone unworthy of them and there is nothing you can do about it.

All these people whining about the unavoidable NTR at the beginning of the game don't understand that this is the impetuous pushing the protagonist forward alone into the world, it is there to bring colour/definition to his decisions/motives. It shouldn't be considered NTR because you the player have no emotional connection with them even though the protagonist does.

So when I say you can't understand the audience I do mean that literally, You have no idea how well randoms understand the tags in question and how they relate to those interpretations, ie
  • I like challenge, a game is only a game if you can lose, and the best games have stakes/jeopardy
  • the next person might be something of a masochist, seeking an emotional rollercoaster
  • yet another may just want to see as many sex scenes as possible, not caring who is fucking who
  • and of course you have the people who imagine themselves as the anti-mc, as the people screwing the MC's love interests, because there are so few games out there that truely allow you to be the bad guy.
Trying to pander to strangers is difficult enough, trying to pander to the faceless masses who each have a different relationship with the subject matter is lunacy. remember that the people who actually leave comments here are the minority,
I seem to recall something about barrels, noise and being empty, not sure why I brought that up, probably means nothing. :unsure:

Summary because I wrote to much again
Many people posting are just whining/trolling without any constructive purpose, sure there are also lots of lovely people here willing to offer help/advice, be wary though IMO nothing good was ever created by commitee

The most important opinion a Dev should listen to is their own, fufill their own vision.

To Thine Own Self Be True.
I think breaking down the NTR tag into more clearly defined tags would go a long way in this forum. The MC accidentally seeing the 'possible love interest' wife getting banged by her husband on her couch next door shouldn't be called out as 'unavoidable NTR'.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
I don't really know why people say harem and ntr are not good combination. I agree it's hard but there are many games with both and they are successful. For example power vacuum and a struggle with sin
I think some people have a broad definition of what they consider NTR and a narrow definition of what they consider harem.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed the game so far, Like some of the comments here the 3 girl roommates need facial reconstruction post haste :giggle:
Joking aside
thanks
Lumphorn Games
P.S. sorry for the sleep sex comment earlier, if it's used in a narrative way and not for boner material that's cool.

I just have a thing about that subject.
Keep up the good work, and much success.

Reactions: Taka@LumphornGames

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
What is the promo video?
A promotional video or promo video is a video used for the express purpose of promoting a specific marketing initiative, sale, or event. Promos are often similar in style and tone to a teaser video, where you grab your audience’s attention and draw them in to learn more. :sneaky:

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
I don't really know why people say harem and ntr are not good combination. I agree it's hard but there are many games with both and they are successful. For example power vacuum and a struggle with sin
Well, ntr and harem do not mix well because ntr is about cheating girls, and harem is about the monopolization of girls. And if girls cheat, then the harem collapses, because girls are not only with MCs, but if girls are only MCs, then there is no NTR.

delacroix2

Nov 19, 2020
it' s interesting that the harem tag in "A Struggle with Sin" doesn't appear, Power vacuum is a good combination with NTR because: the ntr isn't canon (not part of the main story), the main story is harem.

In both games the NTR is a consequence of the player's actions and you can easily avoid it.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I feel I should say something here in regards to the NTR/Harem stuff.

While some of the comments may be rude or abrupt, they are the opinions of those posting them. Some of them even have productive information. Not all, granted, but a few have made me think about how we can move forward.
I will say this to those who have come to my defense - I appreciate you, sincerely. But don't panic, I can take the criticism and act accordingly :)

A lot of people have made very valid objections and I've been listening. The way I see it, there a couple of ways to sort this out. We can either continue to make sure that the NTR toggle works as it should and covers a lot more ground than it does right now, and perhaps even write an alternate intro and work that into the story. Or, we can abandon the NTR toggle along with the "(Optional)" in the tag.
Personally, I would prefer to do the former, even though it would mean a lot of extra work. But I'm open to both options.

As for the Harem issue:
Tag List
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]

Nowhere in that description does it mention exclusivity. I included the Harem tag because the description fits. I can't control everyone's interpretations of the rules, I can only follow them as they're written.
If the general concensus is that the description is wrong, or invalid somehow, I'll remove the tag and be done with it. But it is what it is.

This is our first game and as such, we're still learning the ropes. If we're wrong, so be it. We'll fix what's broken and move on.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
It seems that this is a bug (or not a bug) only in first quest. After talking with the girls about the former tenant, a free roam will open and you can sleep.
It's technically not a bug, but some people are somehow circumventing the code here. As such, I've changed the way this quest is handled for next update.

May 11, 2018
This game was expectedly compelling and fun to play through :)!
The UI is a little rough (can't imagine north/east/west/south changing orientation ever being intuitive) but I could see the improvements happening in the later versions of the script with the map actually working. I definitely hated navigating through the city.
The grind was good. I liked the fact that there are hints to let you know that scenes will progress once stats are improved. I'd probably prefer a one click key to the stalking system. Upstairs hallway -> knock on door to find out where they are is meh! I did see some signs of newer programmer (python programmer?) due to the lack of using any data structures/classes for the code. "adela" and 50 other adel variables in the global space as opposed to having all adel variables in one structure such as adel.affection (or adel.a), adel.bj, adel.relationship etc. I know that becomes nightmareish to manage overtime but it's getting the job done for now.
On the plus side it's consistent but I know that this sort of paradigm falls apart with time :p. But... the game's gotten pretty far but I've seen stuff like this where any attempt at sweeping changes sometimes murdering projects... As long as it stays relatively in the same format and the story wraps up it probably won't be too bad. Adding new general stat to characters will be hellish though, especially considering I see like 90 characters, lol

Overall Cool game, great amounts of effort have been put forth and it shows (y) .

Reactions: Taka@LumphornGames
3.30 star(s) 60 Votes