Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
This game was expectedly compelling and fun to play through :)!
The UI is a little rough (can't imagine north/east/west/south changing orientation ever being intuitive) but I could see the improvements happening in the later versions of the script with the map actually working. I definitely hated navigating through the city.
The grind was good. I liked the fact that there are hints to let you know that scenes will progress once stats are improved. I'd probably prefer a one click key to the stalking system. Upstairs hallway -> knock on door to find out where they are is meh! I did see some signs of newer programmer (python programmer?) due to the lack of using any data structures/classes for the code. "adela" and 50 other adel variables in the global space as opposed to having all adel variables in one structure such as adel.affection (or adel.a), adel.bj, adel.relationship etc. I know that becomes nightmareish to manage overtime but it's getting the job done for now.
On the plus side it's consistent but I know that this sort of paradigm falls apart with time :p.

Overall Cool game, great amounts of effort have been put forth and it shows (y) .
Thank you :)
The town navigation is 100% on my list of things to do. I don't like it myself.
I also agree that knocking on the bedroom doors is a little clunky. I'll likely add more location data to the phone at some point as an alternative.
And you're bang on about the coding. This is my first renpy project. As I improve with Python I'll start to restructure. But as you mentioned, for now, it's at least getting the job done, if at least a little messy.

May 11, 2018
Thank you :)
The town navigation is 100% on my list of things to do. I don't like it myself.
I also agree that knocking on the bedroom doors is a little clunky. I'll likely add more location data to the phone at some point as an alternative.
And you're bang on about the coding. This is my first renpy project. As I improve with Python I'll start to restructure. But as you mentioned, for now, it's at least getting the job done, if at least a little messy.
<3 I'd also advise over never attempting to do a large restructure all at once even as you do grow as a programmer! At some point you might figure out how classes work and such. But find a way to make your game work with two systems and slowly progress into the new one. I don't want to accidentally be the catalyst for a large rewrite that sets you back into 1000 unsolved new bugs for no gain in the game, lol.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
<3 I'd also advise over never attempting to do a large restructure all at once even as you do grow as a programmer! At some point you might figure out how classes work and such. But find a way to make your game work with two systems and slowly progress into the new one. I don't want to accidentally be the catalyst for a large rewrite that sets you back into 1000 unsolved new bugs for no gain in the game, lol.
Ha! Noted. Thanks for the advice :)

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I feel I should say something here in regards to the NTR/Harem stuff.

While some of the comments may be rude or abrupt, they are the opinions of those posting them. Some of them even have productive information. Not all, granted, but a few have made me think about how we can move forward.
I will say this to those who have come to my defense - I appreciate you, sincerely. But don't panic, I can take the criticism and act accordingly :)

A lot of people have made very valid objections and I've been listening. The way I see it, there a couple of ways to sort this out. We can either continue to make sure that the NTR toggle works as it should and covers a lot more ground than it does right now, and perhaps even write an alternate intro and work that into the story. Or, we can abandon the NTR toggle along with the "(Optional)" in the tag.
Personally, I would prefer to do the former, even though it would mean a lot of extra work. But I'm open to both options.

As for the Harem issue:
Tag List
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]

Nowhere in that description does it mention exclusivity. I included the Harem tag because the description fits. I can't control everyone's interpretations of the rules, I can only follow them as they're written.
If the general concensus is that the description is wrong, or invalid somehow, I'll remove the tag and be done with it. But it is what it is.

This is our first game and as such, we're still learning the ropes. If we're wrong, so be it. We'll fix what's broken and move on.
a change/alternative to the intro would be nice as thats one of the things stopping me from playing.

as for the harem tag. although i dont like sharing. i cant deny if MC in the end gets access to more girls and they stick with him for a decent part of the game then yeah it still applies.

however the only thing i could suggest is when their about to have sex with someone other than mc an avoidable option would be nice.

like they just tell their BF/husband/Partner something as simple as "im not in the mood" or "dont initiate" option for that sex scene so that canonically they didnt have sex at that time but still be in whatver relationship they are in until MC interferes, or not.

at least thats my two cents on the subject(s)

Reactions: LegendKing23

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
a change/alternative to the intro would be nice as thats one of the things stopping me from playing.

as for the harem tag. although i dont like sharing. i cant deny if MC in the end gets access to more girls and they stick with him for a decent part of the game then yeah it still applies.

however the only thing i could suggest is when their about to have sex with someone other than mc an avoidable option would be nice.

like they just tell their BF/husband/Partner something as simple as "im not in the mood" or "dont initiate" option for that sex scene so that canonically they didnt have sex at that time but still be in whatver relationship they are in until MC interferes, or not.

at least thats my two cents on the subject(s)
Right. So here's what I propose to do:
I'll create an alternate intro for NTR off, and I'll also make sure NTR can be toggled before you begin in case people miss it in settings.
For the current scenes involving Lucas and Christine, I'll add an exemption as you suggest.
I'll also see about figuring out a different way to approach the skate park scenes during Ep1, even it it's simply implying what's been going on.
And I'll do the same for Lucas/Abigail during the party.

My main rendering machine shit the bed last week, but I've already got a new box ordered and it'll be here by wednesday. So as soon as it turns up, I'll get started and will update as soon as the changes are made.

We'll give that a try, and if the non-NTR crowd approve the changes, I'll stick with that format. If not, I'll go the other route as I suggested. Seems to me to be the fairest solution for everyone.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Are you planning on making some sort of girl finder? maybe a chart showing their schedules that is updated as you learn them.
Well, the data is already in place (or at least as a WIP) so it probably wouldn't be too hard to add. I'll pin it on my board and have a think about it. :)

Reactions: Stil996

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
It's already there, but the location needs to be unlocked in order for the fast travel button to appear.
...mmm...that's strange...when I click the map the locations already unlocked don't appear (except for the house) and I'm forced to go through the "arrows labirynth"...what am I missing ?

Moreover, is there some note somewhere with the times and locations you can find the girls to hang out ? They told me at dinner but totally forgot...

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
...mmm...that's strange...when I click the map the locations already unlocked don't appear and I'm forced to go through the "arrows labirynth"...what am I missing ?

Moreover, is there some note somewhere wirh the times and locations you can find the girls to hang out ? They told me at dinner but totally forgot...
Are you experiencing this for every location or just certain ones?

SloppyJoes420

Jun 24, 2021
Some of these characters are scary looking. That being said, I'm not against fucking a meth head in a dark ally so they'll do. Glad to see something differn't but the MC isn't drunk enough.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Ok, found it...my bad as I'm a moron...:rolleyes: I just realized there are some small dots to point...maybe it vould be better to highlight the buildings to move there...I totally missed them :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, the nav system in general needs a lot of work. The problem I've got with the town map, is that almost every building you see will be visitable at some point, so screen real estate is an issue. The dots made sense when I made as they make it known that the location is unlocked. The other way I could perhaps do it is making buttons of each building and having them highlight when unlocked, but not sure how that would look.

Reactions: Fattishman

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
Yeah, the nav system in general needs a lot of work. The problem I've got with the town map, is that almost every building you see will be visitable at some point, so screen real estate is an issue. The dots made sense when I made as they make it known that the location is unlocked. The other way I could perhaps do it is making buttons of each building and having them highlight when unlocked, but not sure how that would look.
Or maybe you can make the dots a bit more "visible"
Also, is tghere some way to skip 1 hour time without comeing back to home ?

Last edited:

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
What about giving all the building Dots, Grey = Locked
maybe with hints system , Red = nothing happening right now/closed, Green = Active, occupied by a girl right now/event

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
anyone was able to find all videos cuz i cant find them all
There are currently 5 videos you can collect on your phone if that is what you're referring to?
1 is in your recycle bin
2 are unlocked during the party (Lucas/Abigail in utility room - to get the second one, go back inside after they kick you out.)
1 is unlocked via spying on Christine at night while Lucas is with her using the spycams
1 is obtained during the Doc Jones quest

Or maybe you can make the dots a bit more "visible"
What about giving all the building Dots, Grey = Locked
maybe with hints system , Red = nothing happening right now/closed, Green = Active, occupied by a girl right now/event
Yes, something like that will work. I'll have a play with it and see what looks good.

SloppyJoes420

Jun 24, 2021
Ok, found it...my bad as I'm a moron...:rolleyes: I just realized there are some small dots to point...maybe it vould be better to highlight the buildings to move there...I totally missed them :ROFLMAO:
You're not a moron the dots are practically invisible. Could of at least made them bigger or a brighter color to get attention.

3.30 star(s) 60 Votes