brittC25

Nov 24, 2018
Gonna give the game a whirl.
But, have to say, with the exception of the blond, rest of the woman are, well, ugly as sin, just being honest, I looked at them all, and as said, blond is lovely, rest rank from crack whore to got hit by a bus in the face when she was young.

Reactions: kinkyshin

Virgile85

Jan 21, 2020
I feel I should say something here in regards to the NTR/Harem stuff.

While some of the comments may be rude or abrupt, they are the opinions of those posting them. Some of them even have productive information. Not all, granted, but a few have made me think about how we can move forward.
I will say this to those who have come to my defense - I appreciate you, sincerely. But don't panic, I can take the criticism and act accordingly :)

A lot of people have made very valid objections and I've been listening. The way I see it, there a couple of ways to sort this out. We can either continue to make sure that the NTR toggle works as it should and covers a lot more ground than it does right now, and perhaps even write an alternate intro and work that into the story. Or, we can abandon the NTR toggle along with the "(Optional)" in the tag.
Personally, I would prefer to do the former, even though it would mean a lot of extra work. But I'm open to both options.

As for the Harem issue:
Tag List
Harem [1 person being courted by at least 3 others, all engaging in consensual sex simultaneously.]

Nowhere in that description does it mention exclusivity. I included the Harem tag because the description fits. I can't control everyone's interpretations of the rules, I can only follow them as they're written.
If the general concensus is that the description is wrong, or invalid somehow, I'll remove the tag and be done with it. But it is what it is.

This is our first game and as such, we're still learning the ropes. If we're wrong, so be it. We'll fix what's broken and move on.
Hey dev.you made the game the way you like.i think it's unfair for people come and play free games.and when they are done they say no NTR.i mean if they Don't like ntr why they play the game at first place with ntr tag in game.if you make it optinal or the consequence of when mc do things wrong.it would be better.but it's your game so if good luck bro.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
also...are some tags just for planned contents or have I missed something ? Actually didn't find anasl sex, footjob, group sex, multiple penetration, titfuck....

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hey dev.you made the game the way you like.i think it's unfair for people come and play free games.and when they are done they say no NTR.i mean if they Don't like ntr why they play the game at first place with ntr tag in game.if you make it optinal or the consequence of when mc do things wrong.it would be better.but it's your game so if good luck bro.
View attachment download (8).jfif

• Angry
Reactions: LegendKing23

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.0] [Lumphorn Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,75 GB / 672 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,73 GB / 654 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
Sorry dev, seriously don't get offended but your avatar represents your love for NTR? seeing the long horns ... lol

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
"NTR - Is it avoidable? Yep. Not only that, but you can also turn it off so you won't even see it by accident. However, I will say this - Turning off NTR won't just stop everyone else in the game from having sex. If you decide that you want to make another guy's girlfriend your love interest, that's fine . . . but he's still going to fuck his girl!"

If it is still going to happen you just dont see it.... Its not avoidable. Turning it off mean it does not happen at all. No other dick gets wet except the mc of the game. That is avoidable, by your definition its only skippable cause you dont see it yet it still happens.
Taka@LumphornGames: You are bang on with your approach that NPC sex still happens, the player just doesn't have to see it.

Our planet has 3 billion people on it sleeping with another 3 billion and it's highly unrepresentative to have a full cast of NPC characters in a game that are all single and celibate. It's even more unlikely for some to start in relationships and then suddenly stop banging as soon as MC shows interest. Personally I think it makes for an empty game world and shallow character personalities if none of the NPCs are in relationships.

As someone who is comfortable with NPC sex and NTR, I actually enjoy seeing scenes with other characters having sex. It gets a little boring and often comes off contrived if every sex scene in the game has to involve the MC.

Last edited:

Lyve

Aug 6, 2021
Taka@LumphornGames: You are bang on with your approach that NPC sex still happens, the player just doesn't have to see it.

Our planet has 3 billion people on it sleeping with another 3 billion and it's highly unrepresentative to have a full cast of NPC characters in a game that are all single and celibate. It's even more unlikely for some to start in relationships and then suddenly stop banging as soon as MC shows interest. Personally I think it makes for an empty game world and shallow character personalities if none of the NPCs are in relationships.

As someone who is comfortable with NPC sex and NTR, I actually enjoy seeing scenes with other characters having sex. It gets a little boring and often comes off contrived if every sex scene in the game has to involve the MC.
You misunderstand ntr is optional there' s nothing to avoid it (your choices in the game don't matter ntr on=ntr off).

Reactions: pappypop

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
You misunderstand ntr is optional there' s nothing to avoid it (your choices in the game don't matter ntr on=ntr off).
I'm going to put a lot of effort into the NTR toggle and make sure it's up to scratch for the next update. If it's still a problem for people after I've made the changes, then we'll probably go ahead without it. So, let me know next update how you feel about it and we'll see how it goes.

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
To me optional means that there is a way to play through the game without experiencing NTR.

I don't expect a switch at the start of the game so that I never even have an option of making an in-game choice that might lead to NTR. I'd rather the dev spend their time on plotting or content rather than building walls around certain content.

I fully expect that if I treat a love interest badly enough for long enough that they might seek comfort in the arms of another. All I expect from the dev is that it be clear enough which in-game choices may lead to which kind of outcome.

Turning NTR off at the start of a game about romantic relationships is a bit like playing a combat game and asking the developer to give you an invincibility toggle. Where's the thrill and challenge in that?

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
I'm going to put a lot of effort into the NTR toggle and make sure it's up to scratch for the next update. If it's still a problem for people after I've made the changes, then we'll probably go ahead without it. So, let me know next update how you feel about it and we'll see how it goes.
I'm being sarcastic here, but you might also have to build toggles to turn off the "multiple penetration" and "prostitution" tags, since MC's only got one dick, and a prostitute ain't going to make much if the only customer she can take is the MC.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Taka@LumphornGames

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
To me optional means that there is a way to play through the game without experiencing NTR.

I don't expect a switch at the start of the game so that I never even have an option of making an in-game choice that might lead to NTR. I'd rather the dev spend their time on plotting or content rather than building walls around certain content.

I fully expect that if I treat a love interest badly enough for long enough that they might seek comfort in the arms of another. All I expect from the dev is that it be clear enough which in-game choices may lead to which kind of outcome.

Turning NTR off at the start of a game about romantic relationships is a bit like playing a combat game and asking the developer to give you an invincibility toggle. Where's the thrill and challenge in that?
This is precisely what we are aiming for. Admittedly it's a bit messy right now. The goal for playing with NTR enabled is that you can play through the game and still not be cucked or cheated on if you choose wisely. My personal opinion is that seeing other people whom the MC is not romantically involved with having sex, is not strictly NTR.
The NTR toggle is really only there for the people that can't stand ANY form of NTR, so we're going to see if we can make that work or not.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
This is precisely what we are aiming for. Admittedly it's a bit messy right now. The goal for playing with NTR enabled is that you can play through the game and still not be cucked or cheated on if you choose wisely. My personal opinion is that seeing other people whom the MC is not romantically involved with having sex, is not strictly NTR.
The NTR toggle is really only there for the people that can't stand ANY form of NTR, so we're going to see if we can make that work or not.
Some people see any and all females in a game as 'love interests' so I think you are fighting a losing battle. (If that's how they see real life then I would think they don't get a lot of dates - which would explain the anger).

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Some people see any and all females in a game as 'love interests' so I think you are fighting a losing battle.
Sure, I get that. That's why we're going to give it one shot with the next update. If the changes we make still aren't what people want to see, then we'll hold up our hands and simply remove the "(Optional)". I've got no problem admitting to being wrong about something, but I'd feel like a shit if I didn't at least try to make it work.

Reactions: clowns234

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Sure, I get that. That's why we're going to give it one shot with the next update. If the changes we make still aren't what people want to see, then we'll hold up our hands and simply remove the "(Optional)". I've got no problem admitting to being wrong about something, but I'd feel like a shit if I didn't at least try to make it work.
I've said a few times now, but your fighting a losing battle if you hope to please everyone, you could give them a access to a real love potion, a real harem of supermodels and 6 extra inchs to their actual real dicks and there would still be some that would whine and bitch about it.. " ..... but I wanted 7 extra inches..... :mad:" "..... I wanted 8 supermodels .. how come you only gave me 7...."

Find the balance you are happy with, I promise there will be peope who appreciate it, even if they aren't vocal about it

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Can someone help me and let me know where are the cameras. I found the three in the girls's rooms and then one in the photo on the wall but still 7 to go?

Jadon Sancho

Jul 16, 2019
Horton Bay Stories - Jake [v0.1.0] [Lumphorn Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC: 2,75 GB / 672 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,73 GB / 654 MB - Horton_Bay_Stories_Jake-v0.1.0-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC/Mac): Workupload - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools:
UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) - -
I can't unzip your pc file

• Thinking Face
Reactions: "CJ"
3.30 star(s) 60 Votes