Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
The game could have a link to download only the update.
very bad always download the whole game again.
5.69 GB download :(
Theoretically, maybe.

But all these games in an unfinished state are "in development" where things like saves constantly going bad and code changing and everything else that goes along with a game "being developed" happen - and you should set your expectations thusly.

So if you don't wanna play games that are still in development, just play the one's that say they're complete. Otherwise, expect a lot of flux and expect large downloads.

Reactions: Time Killer1981

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
So the game has potential to have an interesting story and interesting characters, kinda like an entertaining VN/movie:
always wanted to be a gangster.gif

But instead it's all caught up in a framework that sets everything up to resemble a Disney animatronic ride, where if you go on the ride more than once, the immersion into the story/entertainment is lost in a sea of repetitiveness.
abraham lincoln disney animatronic.gif

I'm not sure why games like this have an appeal, because this is obviously not the only game here with this type of framework/design.

Reactions: NateGrey

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
So the game has potential to have an interesting story and interesting characters, kinda like an entertaining VN/movie:

But instead it's all caught up in a framework that sets everything up to resemble a Disney animatronic ride, where if you go on the ride more than once, the immersion into the story/entertainment is lost in a sea of repetitiveness.

I'm not sure why games like this have an appeal, because this is obviously not the only game here with this type of framework/design.
I find it hard to disagree with you on this. I enjoy the game, but that's despite the huge sandbox structure they set up, not because of it. It sometimes looks a bit too ambitious, with loads of characters (most still "in development") and locations (some of which have a huge number of sublocations). I usually just play the main story when it updates (and like you said, that part is good), and do one or two of the sandbox things when I can be bothered.

Reactions: Porthas

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I wonder if someone could share just the walkthrough please? I read it is in game files, but my copressed version doesn't seem to have it and I don't wanna download 5gb for a text walkthrough file haha. Thanks in advance! :)

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Is there a way to trigger sex with marry? The logs talk about getting her pregnant but I have everything max with her and nothing is changing.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
View attachment 1947649

View attachment 1947655

Because it's called, "a game" that's what people like, the ability to explore, look around to see what we can find and what not. If it's not for you that fine but not every has your same tastes.

Reactions: SilentRunning

Mendez

Jun 19, 2017
Because it's called, "a game" that's what people like, the ability to explore, look around to see what we can find and what not. If it's not for you that fine but not every has your same tastes.
It may also be alright to assume that since this game is called Horton Bay Stories - 'Jake', there is a strong possibility that this very town will have multiple stories and the framework will likely be used for those future games and stories. Also, I think depending on how you play this game with the NTR on and constantly battling against it while still managing to bag all the girls, a good alternative name for this story could be called HBS - From Simp to Pimp.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
It can be "a game" and not feel like a Disney animatronic that you've seen 10,000 times. Bioware and CDPR pulled this off rather nicely, though not perfectly. "It's a game" is not an excuse for repetitive gameplay/scenes/scenarios.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
It may also be alright to assume that since this game is called Horton Bay Stories - 'Jake', there is a strong possibility that this very town will have multiple stories and the framework will likely be used for those future games and stories. Also, I think depending on how you play this game with the NTR on and constantly battling against it while still managing to bag all the girls, a good alternative name for this story could be called HBS - From Simp to Pimp.
Not gonna lie, this got a chuckle out if me.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Bradley

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
I love the ambition of this game to have so many characters and by definition so many potential routes, but the main downside is that it makes any update feel tiny in comparison with seemingly everything you want to do being blocked by WIP signs.
Is there are kind of roadmap that might give an indication where various characters/routes are on the development queue?
The advanced massages for example, I'm mostly here for the Milfs.

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
I want to like this game. But I find it very tedious and buggy with a lot of event either to obtuse to be triggered or having no proper way to get to them. Also what's up with Adel demon face?

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
It can be "a game" and not feel like a Disney animatronic that you've seen 10,000 times. Bioware and CDPR pulled this off rather nicely, though not perfectly. "It's a game" is not an excuse for repetitive gameplay/scenes/scenarios.
Wait, is this one of those vns where you have to repeat certain events to advance? Like Foot of the Mountain?

King22422

Oct 24, 2021
how to trigger adel lucas scene?
Read the walkthrough that is included in the game download. 1. You need positive friendship points with Lucas 2. When Christine and Lucas fight, you have to defend Lucas 3. You have to meet Adel in the kitchen at 4pm 4. NTR on then the sequence should be triggered

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yup .. defend the drug rapist because him having a GF means
he be fkking everyone else and treat her badly.

The lengths playes go for the misery dumb fkkery scum of the earth scenes
is hylarious and beyond stupid.

MC is sure to lose everyone being this misguided.

3.30 star(s) 60 Votes