fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
Yes windows 10 yes i have played the main story but the game is buggy as hell and the hint system is to vague and doesnt say when or what it takes to actually trigger a event. this is the stuff that gives sandboxes a bad rap and why i wont use one in my own game.
Yes most people don't like sandbox games but hint system shows everything what you should do. If you stuck in somewhere or think there is a bug let me know.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
Hmm actually I fixed the hint problem.. Are you sure you saw new hint system ? Left top " ? " icon. It shows everything about events what you should do next. You probably saw the other hint ( it shows characters location ) please check left top " ? " icon it shows everything. I'm thinking about add gallery it is on my list don't worry.
Well, mine is like this, the hints in the " ? " say no more content but in the phone is like there is something, i have not seeing that scene.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Reactions: fixerrr

fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
Well, mine is like this, the hints in the " ? " say no more content but in the phone is like there is something, i have not seeing that scene.
View attachment 1322015 View attachment 1322016
first one is hint , second is calendar. It shows characters location. Scroll up your mouse on first hint ( "?" icon ) you'll see jessica and main story. It gives hints for every characters

Reactions: AlexTorch

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
first one is hint , second is calendar. It shows characters location. Scroll up your mouse on first hint ( "?" icon ) you'll see jessica and main story. It gives hints for every characters
I got that, but if you see the calendar, in the bottom part, where is 100 hearts, that show a scene, i have 120 with sydney and that scene don't appear to me (that's what i have thought that you have said in the last post). About jessica yeah, she is at lv2, and her hearts restarted, that's why i thought that she was bugged, i have thought that there was no lv (because my sydney is at 120), just increase the hearts (100/200/300, etc). Also there is some girls in the phone (calendar) that their scene is with a ?, that mean that there is no scenes for them?

fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
I got that, but if you see the calendar, in the bottom part, where is 100 hearts, that show a scene, i have 120 with sydney and that scene don't appear to me (that's what i have thought that you have said in the last post). About jessica yeah, she is at lv2, and her hearts restarted, that's why i thought that she was bugged, i have thought that there was no lv (because my sydney is at 120), just increase the hearts (100/200/300, etc). Also there is some girls in the phone (calendar) that their scene is with a ?, that mean that there is no scenes for them?
Calendar only shows locations. If it shows ( on "?" icon ) "No further content yet " it means there is no scene with that character. But there are secret events i didn't add them on hint. But if you want reach lvl 2 with every character "?" icon helps about it.

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
Also a minor bug, after getting an error and then ignoring it to continue, you can no longer press ctrl to skip dialogue on that save

websmith

Feb 8, 2020
Impressive.
Just downloaded this, started a new game and first screen:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day_8'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/Day_7.rpyc", line 3454, in script
  File "D:\renpy\Proud_Father-0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\renpy\Proud_Father-0.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
 0.7Censored
Wed Jul 28 17:08:22 2021

fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
Impressive.
Just downloaded this, started a new game and first screen:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/Day_7.rpyc", line 3454, in script
  File "D:\renpy\Proud_Father-0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\renpy\Proud_Father-0.7-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
0.7Censored
Wed Jul 28 17:08:22 2021
Did you download compressed version or full version ?

Aethan

Sep 24, 2017
I gave up in the middle of this update. I got the feeling the grinding and free roaming to get one particular event triggered is too much and it was boring.

A good game design/gameplay is when you give less instructions to the player and he can understand all by himself at the first sight.
If you have to put an hint system and calendar in your game to give specific detail... maybe you aren't on a good path to put all pieces together.
for me they are already too much location, chat and characters who/which give nothing to the storytelling.

peace

fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
I gave up in the middle of this update. I got the feeling the grinding and free roaming to get one particular event triggered is too much and it was boring.

A good game design/gameplay is when you give less instructions to the player and he can understand all by himself at the first sight.
If you have to put an hint system and calendar in your game to give specific detail... maybe you aren't on a good path to put all pieces together.
for me they are already too much location, chat and characters who/which give nothing to the storytelling.

peace
We call it the difference between sandbox and visual novel game. You probably don't like sandbox games. If you think like this ; " If you have to put an hint system and calendar in your game to give specific detail... maybe you aren't on a good path to put all pieces together. " It is weird... Because there are many perfect games that use the hint system.

spl00sh321

Mar 5, 2020
Need help. Playing on android and hint don't do nothing, no metter where I click it closes. What id Jessica 2nd event (lvl 2)? How do I get it? Thank you.

fixerrr

Game Developer
Nov 4, 2020
Need help. Playing on android and hint don't do nothing, no metter where I click it closes. What id Jessica 2nd event (lvl 2)? How do I get it? Thank you.
Maybe it is because resolution difference... if you are lvl 1 100 points invite her to dinner when she is reading magazine in her room. After that spend time on the map on monday afternoon , you'll get message.
If you have lvl 2 100 points sleep on tuesday night.

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes