Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
oh shit, so this is "on hold" now? damn, need to make some changes to my list... u_u

bummer, it looks like the dev is done with it... it started really poorly as a lame DS clone, but quickly evolved into its own, so yeah, shame but oh well.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
biggest problem was probably that first impression people had, the setting was too similar to DS and because of that people had from the get go a lack of goodwill. To make the similar setting it's own thing it takes time, and he did that, but the damage was done. For funding that initial release is too important, you can tell if a game is successful by it's first 5 versions usually, usually way less. Radiant is a great example, with a great first version, it caught everyone's eye instantly, even with all the delays people continued supporting the game, and for me Antarctica is a way better game.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
biggest problem was probably that first impression people had, the setting was too similar to DS and because of that people had from the get go a lack of goodwill. To make the similar setting it's own thing it takes time, and he did that, but the damage was done. For funding that initial release is too important, you can tell if a game is successful by it's first 5 versions usually, usually way less. Radiant is a great example, with a great first version, it caught everyone's eye instantly, even with all the delays people continued supporting the game, and for me Antarctica is a way better game.
i dont think there any kind of similar,both are great games ,in this one you dont have any ntr settings in DS 30% of the game is about ntr,and the sandbox make ds the second one in my list...

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
I tried playing this other game and ended up giving up because of the sandbox, but what does the game in this topic have in common with the other one besides being set in the desert? From the little I played, I didn't find anything similar.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
they are similar at the setting, post-apocalyptic world, MC having an harem, fucking his wife at the front of his daughters like it's normal, they would eventually join his harem, also MC having a warrior status at their society which brings those harem privileges. The similarities are obvious and a good chunk of comments in this thread are from people saying that, or by saying how they thought it was a cheap knock off but it's not, or snark comments of people that hadn't even played it.

The plot start getting different with the whole story with the leader dying and the clone. Also this game has the MC experiencing the apocalypse himself, different from DS where the apocalypse happens before MC was born.

The sandbox aspect of DS is irrelevant, the game has no grinding, instead of experiencing the game in a linear VN model you can do events in whatever order if all conditions are met.

For me the biggest crime is that we never explored the plotline with MC's sister enough. She was too fucking cute to not have a good scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling and Nulldev

Beduin123

Mar 29, 2023
they are similar at the setting, post-apocalyptic world, MC having an harem, fucking his wife at the front of his daughters like it's normal, they would eventually join his harem, also MC having a warrior status at their society which brings those harem privileges. The similarities are obvious and a good chunk of comments in this thread are from people saying that, or by saying how they thought it was a cheap knock off but it's not, or snark comments of people that hadn't even played it.

The plot start getting different with the whole story with the leader dying and the clone. Also this game has the MC experiencing the apocalypse himself, different from DS where the apocalypse happens before MC was born.

The sandbox aspect of DS is irrelevant, the game has no grinding, instead of experiencing the game in a linear VN model you can do events in whatever order if all conditions are met.

For me the biggest crime is that we never explored the plotline with MC's sister enough. She was too fucking cute to not have a good scene.
You forgot one major advantage of this game. The hottest twins in the adult games industry ;) I like the MC's daughters in DS but here they are sooo naughty, curious and funny...

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
You forgot one major advantage of this game. The hottest twins in the adult games industry ;) I like the MC's daughters in DS but here they are sooo naughty, curious and funny...
I agree, I for one didn't care one bit if it was a rip-off when I saw those beauties and saw it was an incest game, I have a lot of games that I'm interested to play, but they were enough to make me play it instead of hoarding yet another game in my HDD

I wasn't expecting much from the plot but I found myself getting engaged into it, this game had a interesting plot, great models and hot scenes, really the whole package, which why it's really disappointing that it has halted development, and I'm sure dev is disappointed as well for the lack of results

Reactions: Yngling

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I agree, I for one didn't care one bit if it was a rip-off when I saw those beauties and saw it was an incest game, I have a lot of games that I'm interested to play, but they were enough to make me play it instead of hoarding yet another game in my HDD

I wasn't expecting much from the plot but I found myself getting engaged into it, this game had a interesting plot, great models and hot scenes, really the whole package, which why it's really disappointing that it has halted development, and I'm sure dev is disappointed as well for the lack of results
I think the main problem with this game (and the great strength of DS) is the consistency of the renders/backgrounds with the story.

Finding decors consistent with a post-apocalyptic story is not as easy as with a modern Western slice-of-life game. If the setting is in Antarctica, which was completely uninhabited until a relatively short time before the setting of the game, and after our own time, it becomes almost impossible. Therefore the devs needs to use decors which don't really fit and that requires an amount of suspension of disbelief that may be too much for some. For those who can look past it, the game is great in it's own right and then the comparison with DS makes less and less sense.

In DS, on the other hand, the revivalist Egyptian society portrayed provides a strange-but-intriguing setting for us modern players, as well as explains the historical inaccuracies of the decors compared to real ancient Egyptian buildings. The setting and decor enhances the game, not diminishes it.

Reactions: gestved
4.20 star(s) 110 Votes