Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Now it seems Grinvald has decided to unabandon the game, or at least that is what he claims:

"
I would like to write about why I decided to abandon game development. It's not about the money, of course. It's about very personal reasons, which I didn't want to talk about, because it seems totally stupid.
The thing is that about a week ago my wife left me, went to live with her mother. We had lived together for 12 years and it was a complete surprise to me. We had never had much conflict and everything was fine. So her decision hit me hard, but that's not the main thing.
I could have just frozen the project until I came to my senses. But the main problem is that she was creating some of the story characters for this game, and seeing them in front of me became unbearable. Yes, I realize now that it's idiotic, it's just characters.
I decided to start a new project. However, HSoA became a part of my life in a year of work, and it was not so easy to drop it.
Now I know for sure that I want to continue developing HSoA.
I realize that my reputation as a developer is gone, and I don't ask you to believe me. Reputations take a long time to achieve and disappear in a moment. I hope someday I can regain your trust. It surprises and pleases me that not all of my patrons have left me, though I have asked for it. For those who remain with me, I can guarantee that I will not turn on billing until version 0.06 is released.
Thank you and I apologize to everyone for this mess that has been going on over the past few days. I will be sure to resolve my issues soon and get back to development"
Very hard to here that break ups are a bitch but when she was your working mate it's even more difficult hope he gets through this. Good luck.

Reactions: UncleFredo

atmatm

Sep 4, 2017
I liked the renders, nice girls! I hope you continue the development. I will be following.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
If a good fan signature is created for this game I will switch out one of my sig's for the free advertisement.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
It is good to see that abandoned status has gone. It is time for a new banner, signatures, and changelog update to V.05, just my two cents.
If a good fan signature is created for this game I will switch out one of my sig's for the free advertisement.
Multiple people have suggested these great ideas to better promote the game, but the dev hasn't listened thus far :cautious: There's been a few newer dev's now who I've seen created fantastic F-D games (that nobody knows about), who complain about a lack of support, yet refuse to do the simplest of advertising...really frustrating.

People can't support your game if they don't know about it, or don't recognize the quality. Most of the newer followers of this game came from the Desert Stalker thread. I learned about it from an incest game thread - just one mention or signature can make a huge difference.

firogenis80

Oct 11, 2019
I will agree with the guy above...advertising ( AKA spamming :D :D ) is the most important thing to do
I spend most time online promoting my comics ( with teasers and WIPS ) than i actually spend creating my comics.

Reactions: Orlox

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Dev's apparently had a change of heart.
Now is job of another Developer. Like with Shut up and Dance
Yeah - not exactly. There were two devs. A couple. She walked away from the relationship and he found it too difficult to look at the characters she'd created. Too much memory. Didn't share that at the beginning. Who can blame him? Pain is pain. So he set it aside. Having taken some time for introspection he's decided to resume the VN. I'm unclear on the role if any for the additional developer who was going to take over, but it may be he case they will collaborate going forward.

Bottom line. The original developer is back in control of the story and we just have to wait and see how it works out.

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes