Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
First off who the hell is TheElwoodBlues, I don't see that two posts above mine? Second don't put words in my mouth or assume that it is just for an incest kink. It is how it is perceived from a player's perspective. Thirdly you can't compare Sorcerer to this due to the way it was introduced and handled. While this was handled differently. Two completely different situations in two completely different games. One does not automatically equate the other. Fourthly again stop assuming it is just what I want, as if it something that MUST be done. It only just so happens that the love interest is the MC's sister. Even if she wasn't the opinion would remain the same. Open your eyes and learn to read. I never said it was not interesting, it just that it would feel more interesting with how the other person described the situation. With it just being a simple ghost it felt somewhat dull. Finally those suggestions are just that, suggestions or possible ideas. Not absolutes. I didn't say that it must be done. Besides they don't clash with post apocalyptic themes at all. It all depends on what kind of setting there is. Some would say mutants don't fit the theme while others disagree. Man, you give your opinion on something and people are out attacking you for a kink.
First off who the hell is TheElwoodBlues
Post #599. Sorry. When I posted it was 2 posts above yours. Come back today and there are other posts which have been added which were simply not there. I checked it twice before I posted.

It is how it is perceived from a player's perspective.
And that perspective is from a player who would like a greater level of incest content in the game. That's all...it's my opinion on your statement.

Thirdly you can't compare Sorcerer to this due to the way it was introduced and handled.
Why?

Plus dead love interests in games usually leave a bad impression or put off most players.
That's the statement you made. There's no caveat to it. There's a dead LI and it did not put off players in that game. Plus, if she's dead, then she's a PAST LI. However, if she's not and (as you would like) the player is hallucinating etc. then that will possibly introduce greater level of incest content, wouldn't it? Hence my comment. You do realise that many players do not use the incest patch, don't you?

Besides they don't clash with post apocalyptic themes at all.
Introducing too much mysticism into anything takes it into fantasy. Too much sci-fi takes it into post-dystopian.

I never said it was not interesting, it just that it would feel more interesting with how the other person described the situation.
Doesn't matter if you meant it would make it interesting or more interesting, my point remains the same...in your opinion the plot will improve if the sister was not a ghost. All I said was that IMO the plot is interesting enough as it is and that introducing the suggested contrivance will actually make it become somewhat clichéd where the dev is apparently looking for any puerile way to introduce more incest.

Finally those suggestions are just that, suggestions or possible ideas.
That's what the threads are for - opinions and debate. So I rebutted. you are free to disagree with my rebuttal.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
And that perspective is from a player who would like a greater level of incest content in the game. That's all...it's my opinion on your statement.
The perspective I was talking about was generalizing not necessarily from incest alone could be any love interest, again learn to read. If you are going to quote someone and say it is their statement, try making sure you actually correctly quoted the said statement.

I already explained why open your eyes.

That's the statement you made. There's no caveat to it. There's a dead LI and it did not put off players in that game. Plus, if she's dead, then she's a PAST LI. However, if she's not and (as you would like) the player is hallucinating etc. then that will possibly introduce greater level of incest content, wouldn't it? Hence my comment. You do realise that many players do not use the incest patch, don't you?
Again from the previous statement already explained why, if you are still claiming it is not then you are being willfully ignorant.

Introducing too much mysticism into anything takes it into fantasy. Too much sci-fi takes it into post-dystopian.
Did you seriously ignore anything I just said? Your own statement here contradicts you, because ghosts are part of mysticism. I was giving multiple examples of different types of apocalypse settings. Next your going to complain too much this will make it that. I guess we just have nothing in the entire world including people then it is just regular apocalypse?

Doesn't matter if you meant it would make it interesting or more interesting, my point remains the same...in your opinion the plot will improve if the sister was not a ghost. All I said was that IMO the plot is interesting enough as it is and that introducing the suggested contrivance will actually make it become somewhat clichéd where the dev is apparently looking for any puerile way to introduce more incest.
Your point is redundant and null and void because you still refuse to ACTUALLY READ WHAT PEOPLE POST. I was commenting on someone else's statement agreeing with them that it sounded more interesting whether that is an improvement or not is up to the player base and the dev. You CLEARLY stated that I said it wasn't interesting because she was a ghost which is incorrect. I also did not forcefully say it must be implemented or even that it was a suggestion it was just brainstorming with the other person.

That's what the threads are for - opinions and debate. So I rebutted. you are free to disagree with my rebuttal.
There is a difference between rebuttal and being on someone's case and being an annoyance. I did not want to or need to enter a debate with you. All I did was give my opinion and for some reason you have twisted my words to fit your own narrative and continue to beat a dead subject. The only reason I responded was because you were passive aggressive so I was passive aggressive back. Don't agree with it fine, but continue being an annoyance on a subject basically everyone has moved on from, including the dev because he responded to each of us and gave a clear answer and you are going to seem ridiculous at that point.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Now it seems Grinvald has decided to unabandon the game, or at least that is what he claims:

"
I would like to write about why I decided to abandon game development. It's not about the money, of course. It's about very personal reasons, which I didn't want to talk about, because it seems totally stupid.
The thing is that about a week ago my wife left me, went to live with her mother. We had lived together for 12 years and it was a complete surprise to me. We had never had much conflict and everything was fine. So her decision hit me hard, but that's not the main thing.
I could have just frozen the project until I came to my senses. But the main problem is that she was creating some of the story characters for this game, and seeing them in front of me became unbearable. Yes, I realize now that it's idiotic, it's just characters.
I decided to start a new project. However, HSoA became a part of my life in a year of work, and it was not so easy to drop it.
Now I know for sure that I want to continue developing HSoA.
I realize that my reputation as a developer is gone, and I don't ask you to believe me. Reputations take a long time to achieve and disappear in a moment. I hope someday I can regain your trust. It surprises and pleases me that not all of my patrons have left me, though I have asked for it. For those who remain with me, I can guarantee that I will not turn on billing until version 0.06 is released.
Thank you and I apologize to everyone for this mess that has been going on over the past few days. I will be sure to resolve my issues soon and get back to development"
I guess this is good news. Hoping he doesn't change his mind again. He's right in recognizing that abandoning a game would be a hit on his reputation, and would follow him.

Sucks about the wife, if that did happen. Feels a bit suspicious...but whatever the reason, glad he's back to working on the game! If his stated reason was legit, it's actually noble of him to tell patreons and try to refund - he could have just kept collecting money while he worked through his stuff, like to many milking devs. I'm sure he will get a lot more patreons now that his game is getting some attention. Hopefully this will keep him committed to developing this.

Also, it's always kind of hot to learn that a dev's wife/GF helps write characters.

Reactions: Xypher and Nulldev

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
This is swell and all but now i wonder how this went down between him and Yayati. Wasn't it handed over already?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Aldnoah Zero

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
This is swell and all but now i wonder how this went down between him and Yayati. Wasn't it handed over already?
Well, that's really between him and Yayati; how they will sort it out is up to them. Maybe Yayati will agree to help with the English dialog since he is a writer.

Reactions: Xypher

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Now it seems Grinvald has decided to unabandon the game, or at least that is what he claims:

"
I would like to write about why I decided to abandon game development. It's not about the money, of course. It's about very personal reasons, which I didn't want to talk about, because it seems totally stupid.
The thing is that about a week ago my wife left me, went to live with her mother. We had lived together for 12 years and it was a complete surprise to me. We had never had much conflict and everything was fine. So her decision hit me hard, but that's not the main thing.
I could have just frozen the project until I came to my senses. But the main problem is that she was creating some of the story characters for this game, and seeing them in front of me became unbearable. Yes, I realize now that it's idiotic, it's just characters.
I decided to start a new project. However, HSoA became a part of my life in a year of work, and it was not so easy to drop it.
Now I know for sure that I want to continue developing HSoA.
I realize that my reputation as a developer is gone, and I don't ask you to believe me. Reputations take a long time to achieve and disappear in a moment. I hope someday I can regain your trust. It surprises and pleases me that not all of my patrons have left me, though I have asked for it. For those who remain with me, I can guarantee that I will not turn on billing until version 0.06 is released.
Thank you and I apologize to everyone for this mess that has been going on over the past few days. I will be sure to resolve my issues soon and get back to development"
I am not trying to be a dick here, but to explain how I see the matters here and hope this game will continue. At the moment the Dev has some emotional issues (with a good reason), and is quite unstable so no need to be hard on him. Honestly he should first sort things out before continue posting, nothing good will come out now.
Personally I too would abandon this project if my waifu for some reason dropped me and this was a couple project, too many painful memories. The last thing is that Dev should not think this is bad reputation for him, I have seen too many scummy creators who milk their patreons with vague excuses and vanish with the cash. For some reason this game gained little attention so the work paid poorly, but now I am sure many posters who sympathise the Dev will spread the word and this game soon gains four-digit subscriber base. There are no other father-twin daughter games, and this is very well done.

Give it some time, I am sure things will sort themselves out.

• A game about living with your wife, while fucking your other wife, your doctor, your daughters, and your sister
  • "...about a week ago my wife left me..."
Coincidence?
I am sure they had kinky sex.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Well, that's really between him and Yayati; how they will sort it out is up to them. Maybe Yayati will agree to help with the English dialog since he is a writer.
I'd much rather hear Yayati's opinion on the matter as well. The rights were handed over already. If i give you something i cannot decide the day after that it is still mine. Pretending so is a dick move to say the least. So in my eyes, things aren't clear here at all and thus i'd prefer if both parties concerned would clarify what is happening, what has been going on between them.

Hot Sand of Antartica by right belongs to Yayati now so Grinvald saying he is back is nice and all but it creates a problem. For me, the fact that he didn't address the clear and obvious issue he handed over the rights already in his "return" post, is a bit of a concern as he shouldn't be acting like this has never happened. The very first thing he should have done is address the situation between him and Yayati. Maybe they did sort this out already in the most pleasant of ways and all if fine but then why there isn't a post on the matter. IF they didn't, i'd like to hear both parties.
One thing is certain, all material (assets, models and environments) must already be in Yayati possession..now.
And even depending on the hardware it has, there will be a difference +/- in the quality of the renderings.
As well as each uses their skills differently (would be interesting some pics of future updates..)
A good idea would be to change the banner to a more appealing one.

As for Grinvald situation, you can see a lot of that nowadays..for him everything was right.
While the other side plotted the separation in secret.
Many couples when they separate throw each other's things away... in this case it was a VN..(to erase the moment we worked together)
He should change Dev's name and start another project, even as a distraction from the situation..(turn the page as they say)
That is exactly what i'm worried about to be honest. Not that this is a lucrative asset to fight over only to milk it endlessly like some certain Cloud Meadow :sneaky:

sjjanakakak

Jan 14, 2022
I'd much rather hear Yayati's opinion on the matter as well. The rights were handed over already. If i give you something i cannot decide the day after that it is still mine. Pretending so is a dick move to say the least. So in my eyes, things aren't clear here at all and thus i'd prefer if both parties concerned would clarify what is happening, what has been going on between them.
I have same question for Dev... I mean.. How & why....

GypsyBastard

Aug 9, 2018
What a roller-coaster ride. Found this game a couple of days ago, found out it was abandoned, found out it was unabandoned and found out the dev's wife left him all in the span of a few days.

This whole scenario could have been a game in itself with a few touch-ups, I can see the description now: "You play as an underappreciated artist who's wife suddenly left him, heartbroken he puts a stop to his biggest project yet, but due to coincidence meets a group of hot single ladies who push him to finish his project. Will these women be able to re-ignite the passion in this young artist heart? will he be able to finish his project and perhaps rediscover love? Play now to find out!"

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Technically this version of the game, made by Grinvald, is abandoned.
What we get from the new developer (whether it is better, worse, or nothing at all) won't be the same.

It's also unlikely that this forum has a function to swap owners of a thread, so the new dev probably needs to make his own thread anyway.
You are out of the loop, the old dev is back now. Go to his patreon to see his latest post.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: wiwem71072

Aldnoah Zero

Apr 29, 2018
To reassure the public I must say that with Yayati we resolved all questions, and the work continues by me, and he is now the administrator of the game discord server. There is no reason to worry.
Ok..so Besev aka Grinvald do you intend to make some changes or does everything remain as before?
At least update the banner (Visual appeal matters a lot) get in touch with some of the admins and advertise your game more..
Try not to take too long between updates every time it appears in (Latest Updates) it shows that it is in evidence..(and not only here other sites and forums too..ok free but it is always a means of advertising)
The game is good, the story is developing, but something you're doing wrong or there should be more patreons.. (if you don't consider the world recession due to covid and I bet that many adults and old folks who helped on patreon are gone)
As for the elephant in the room, some overcome others never and others seek professional help..it's up to you to find balance..Good luck

RipperJack344

Aug 12, 2019
I agree with some other posters that the first thing to do is replace the banner with a picture of the girls, or at the very least the daughters on it. That will spike interest in the game if nothing else. I just found this game a few days ago, and I would definitely support it if it gets updated regularly.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Did I arrive late?

I downloaded this VN a while ago but I never stopped to play, I found it in my games folder here and decided to give it a try and found it very interesting, I came here to "favorite" the VN and discover all this drama.

I read several pages of comments to understand the situation, I have nothing against the guy who took the VN to continue, but I don't see it working.

Now with the original DEV coming back, I'm also afraid, he saw that many people liked the last update, many wanted the continuation of the game, now he has everything to drag the game and make money on top with almost no effort, and he said he did it for the money, didn't he?

In the end, it's good that DEV is back, but I'm still afraid of him starting to milk the fans now, it's something so common that I can't help but think about it.

-
Can anyone recommend similar VN, other than Desert Stalker?

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Did I arrive late?

I downloaded this VN a while ago but I never stopped to play, I found it in my games folder here and decided to give it a try and found it very interesting, I came here to "favorite" the VN and discover all this drama.

I read several pages of comments to understand the situation, I have nothing against the guy who took the VN to continue, but I don't see it working.

Now with the original DEV coming back, I'm also afraid, he saw that many people liked the last update, many wanted the continuation of the game, now he has everything to drag the game and make money on top with almost no effort, and he said he did it for the money, didn't he?

In the end, it's good that DEV is back, but I'm still afraid of him starting to milk the fans now, it's something so common that I can't help but think about it.

-
Can anyone recommend similar VN, other than Desert Stalker?
You might find this post informative with information that might affect your opinion.
Best regards...

4.30 star(s) 107 Votes