VN Ren'Py Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games]

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i will say the mother scene was new i like the way see and the other girls look. the hardest egg to crack will be the i smash you pencil braker lol.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Pretty sure I had played the original release a long time ago but started from the beginning again.

I'm only a few minutes in and I'm already frustrated, the pauses between the incomplete sentences are infuriating. I'm constantly missing things and having to scroll back.

Mirgosoft Just some friendly advice, do NOT restrict the reader to the speed that you want them to read. Screwing up the readers pace and rhythm is an unfriendly act. Every click by the reader should contain a complete sentence and should remain on screen until the reader decides to advance.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Saumonfume8

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Hot Springs Academy [v0.4a] [Mirgosoft Games] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,50 GB / 400 MB - HotSpringsAcademy-0.4a-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,47 GB / 365 MB - HotSpringsAcademy-0.4a-mac-crunched.zip
= 27% of the original size, image/video quality 80%/60%

Download (PC*/Mac): -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and untested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Didn't see any progress in the story. on a good note, this is not version 0.4, but rather version 0.3x, that is, an update of the technical plan - improving quality, working on bugs.
0.4 this should include story progression. there have been no plot changes since 0.3
if a=alpha then this version is not 0.4a but 0.3beta or maybe 0.3.release if no errors will be found.

DracoFlaco

Feb 14, 2018
Didn't see any progress in the story. on a good note, this is not version 0.4, but rather version 0.3x, that is, an update of the technical plan - improving quality, working on bugs.
0.4 this should include story progression. there have been no plot changes since 0.3
if a=alpha then this version is not 0.4a but 0.3beta or maybe 0.3.release if no errors will be found.
Yeah, I didn't see any story updates compared to the last version, which is why i was confused my save from last version didn't work. all they did was change the end of update 0.3 to update 0.4??

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Yeah, I didn't see any story updates compared to the last version, which is why i was confused my save from last version didn't work. all they did was change the end of update 0.3 to update 0.4??
well look into changelog on 1st page of game thread. there is no plot changes.

as beavis and butthead do america that autor do us LOL =)))

lesson: before download always look into changelog.

• Thinking Face

Swizzstick

Apr 10, 2018
well look into changelog on 1st page of game thread. there is no plot changes.

as beavis and butthead do america that autor do us LOL =)))

lesson: before download always look into changelog.
It does say 4a supposed to have New content then technical changes below, I came here to say the same thing that there was no progression even though it is worded to make it seem like there should be, idk if they uploaded the wrong file or if the new content was mixed in with the content we had before but it all seems the same to me lol skipped to the end to get the same ending lol.

• Thinking Face
Feb 20, 2018
Having to play the game from the start all over again is quite annoying...
Despite this, my version ends with a swimming pool lesson/fingering... Not much from last update.
Reminds me of another similar Renpy Game with huge potential but doesnt deliver much :/
I have to admit I'm disappointed.

Reactions: ramvivat

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
There are 5 new events during Day 2 for you to discover. All of them contribute to the story ;)
okay - I'll leave these changes (which still need to be looked for, simultaneously running both versions and comparing frame by frame - both 0.3 and type-0.4) - on the conscience of the author.
and to me and others who were also disappointed with this kind of "changes" - having met a banner after the swimming lesson that still says "wait for updates" - a lesson for the future - read the list of changes and only then download.

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
It does say 4a supposed to have New content then technical changes below, I came here to say the same thing that there was no progression even though it is worded to make it seem like there should be, idk if they uploaded the wrong file or if the new content was mixed in with the content we had before but it all seems the same to me lol skipped to the end to get the same ending lol.
pages that are pasted in the middle of a book are not a continuation of the book. this is a book edit. "corrected and expanded version" but not a continuation of the work. should be able to distinguish one from the other. 0.4 is exactly the continuation of the plot. corrections are 0.3xx

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
Mirgosoft Just some friendly advice, do NOT restrict the reader to the speed that you want them to read. Screwing up the readers pace and rhythm is an unfriendly act. Every click by the reader should contain a complete sentence and should remain on screen until the reader decides to advance.
I absolutely agree with you.
In this update, I didn't have time to remove all the RenPy pauses in the middle of dialogues that were added in all previous versions.
In the next update, I plan to remove them all.

Mirgosoft

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2019
It's okay that some of you, guys, may not remember what was in version 0.3 and what was added in the new version.
Here are all the new events added to the game in v0.4.

(Watch out for spoilers!)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, if you're so sure of what you're saying, it's strange that you weren't aware in advance of what kind of updates 0.4 and 0.5 should be, because we've talked publicly and in detail about the upcoming content many times. :unsure:

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
Love the game. But had a "certain" kind of problem with the newest version, I expected more content after the previous versions ending. I started from the begin since the old saves do not work/were not recommended and it had many new and great scenes in between that were not there before. As I said they were pretty good but since I thought it will "also" continue I kinda rushed through the stuff I knew already and got a bit dissapointed when I arrived where the last version finished, since it still finishes at the same point now.

4.20 star(s) 43 Votes