souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
has anyone had a bug when you lure a worm out of a dark alley, the game freezes on endless loading? tell me if you know how to solve it.
Did you install the game correctly? Since that sounds like the type of error you get when it's not installed correctly.

Reactions: Fly'earth

doom1237

Apr 9, 2018
Did you install the game correctly? Since that sounds like the type of error you get when it's not installed correctly.
I reinstalled the game 2 times, even deleted the saves and started a new game, but regardless of this, the game still loads the dark alley endlessly (and also when I go to the dark alley location, the interface remains, but instead of the picture, the black screen, and the interface also overlaps with each other)

Mhiggey

Jun 5, 2018
(and also when I go to the dark alley location, the interface remains, but instead of the picture, the black screen, and the interface also overlaps with each other)
Have you installed any additions post installation, such as an extra translation or Bepex mod? If so, try the game without any additions to it as they may be out of date.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I reinstalled the game 2 times, even deleted the saves and started a new game, but regardless of this, the game still loads the dark alley endlessly (and also when I go to the dark alley location, the interface remains, but instead of the picture, the black screen, and the interface also overlaps with each other)
Frankly, it still sounds like an installation issue. So here's a post I made a long time ago detailing the installation in detail (as long as you know how to use basic computer functions you should be able to follow it). As a note, this was when the game only had 2 parts, but all you need to do is repeat the copy and paste section for part 3 and it's good. Though if you really, REALLY need a more detailed installation instructions version, I can do that, but that's where I include things like "how to click a mouse", you know, the basic computer functions.

Full in Depth New Installation Guide (for Windows)

Step 1: Download both Part1 and Part2 of the game.

Step 2: Use 7zip (or your preferred extractor, but I recommend 7zip) to extract both part 1 and part 2 to your computer, but NOT into the default "programs" or "windows" folders.
View attachment 1602036

Step 3: Go into the part 2 folder. Then copy the files in that folder.
View attachment 1602038

Step 4: Go into the Part 1 files and paste the copied files into it.
View attachment 1602039

Step 5:A window will pop up asking you if yo want to combine the folders, click yes.
View attachment 1602042

You are done. That is how to correctly install the game.

tetrayrok

Apr 2, 2021
Frankly, it still sounds like an installation issue. So here's a post I made a long time ago detailing the installation in pedantic, painful detail. As a note, this was wwhen the game only had 2 parts, but all you need to do is repeat the copy and paste section for part 3 and it's good.
Do a fresh install. Sometimes I believe files get corrupted or overwritten because some people are merging the managed_data folder and some people aren't moving the managed_data folder and simply merging the entire directory.

I believe the proper way of upgrading is just merging the managed_data folder but I may be wrong. Maybe someone can correct me if there's other files that need to be merged, hence why people are experiencing the black screens and some people aren't.

Usually the endless loading means an asset is missing that the game is searching for infinitely.

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
can someone please repost mega
i tried pixeldrain and tried new game without old saves and i am in eternal loading afterthug fight
tried with old saved it's a real nightmare.. black background with voice and everything
thx

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
issue fixed.. well not really but we take hthose.. seems a windows issue
i have been playing all the updates on win 11 but now seems i can't anymore
but downloaded it on win 10.. works as a charm.. weird but oh well

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
issue fixed.. well not really but we take hthose.. seems a windows issue
i have been playing all the updates on win 11 but now seems i can't anymore
but downloaded it on win 10.. works as a charm.. weird but oh well
im playing it on win 11 and it works fine so i dont think windows is the problem

sgt_bilko

Aug 16, 2018
Sorry been busy with actual life shit all day. Adulting is fun.

I didn't even look at the blurb to see what's new so.. ya'll on your own.

Update Patch: |
Full P1: |
Full P2: |
Full P3: |

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 15 Votes