ryona4fun

Mar 22, 2021
I Think this is one of the best h.games i've seen, and it's not even complete. I already played Guilty Hell 1 and 2(still on alpha), parasite in city. Does anyone recomend any other ones in that same style?

ironcobra

May 14, 2020
i cant complete the sweap mission. I´ve completed all the other missions and i have lvl 3 but i dont know what i have to do. any help?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fly'earth

Emily Thorne

Jan 24, 2018
for some reason my game crashes after I install the cheat =\
Did you put the Assembly-Csharp in the right spot?
"HotM64\Hounds of the Meteor_Data\Managed"
Replace the original file and I think it only works with v20210629. After I did this everything worked fine. You can only use the cheats when in combat.

putu

Nov 13, 2017
I Think this is one of the best h.games i've seen, and it's not even complete. I already played Guilty Hell 1 and 2(still on alpha), parasite in city. Does anyone recomend any other ones in that same style?
some of game type like you said already in my signature. i think we have same favorite type game;)

yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
Replace the original file and I think it only works with v20210629. After I did this everything worked fine. You can only use the cheats when in combat.
Now it works, thank you so much for getting back with me on it. LOL I seem to have placed it in the wrong folder :3, I misread it from the other post. The cheats, oh ok I thought I can use them before battles :D.

Reactions: Emily Thorne

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What's up with the janky combat in this one? The previous games were all pretty smooth/fluid but this feels a bit awkward. I hope it'll be improved. Not just the sliding past enemies and the randomly only punching once instead of using the combo that's the issue. Enemies being able to permanently lock you down with gunfire from a mile away is fucked. Worst balanced game by him so far, I hope the combat is largely a wip. Last game you could deal with bullets way better. You may have been a bit overpowered in the previous game (Hounds of Blade), but this went a step too far in the other direction.

Spamming jump kicks and hoping you don't land when an enemy is opening fire on or attacking you is all you can do against some enemies here. Why even give us floor combos when they'll just get you killed against most enemies. The auto zoom during combat should really chill out too, either less zoom or just turned off by default. You need to see ranged enemies at all times to avoid getting your ass shot.

Right now this game feels like the first time the dev has tried a melee only fighter like this against ranged enemies, but it's clearly not his first time since Hounds of Blade exists obviously. It's like he regressed a bit. Seems he went a bit overboard with the nerfs, slowing the player down and making them less tanky/able to deal with bullets creates a really terrible combo. Shoulda gone with one or the other or made the changes lesser.

It's still playable, but I feel like I'm fighting the controls and the awkward balance more than the enemies. Only reason you'll get hit by melee enemies right now is if you accidentally slide past them for example. Melee enemies could also use some special attacks, like they temporarily become immune to knockback and lunge at you, forcing you to dodge or block or something. I haven't seen anything from him like the dogs in Nanocrisis in a long time, now those were good melee enemies. The way they charged at you from out of screen and could lunge at you and stuff kept you on your toes. Not sure you could even do that as well here since the MC has no ranged attacks. I miss that thrill from his games.

Basically tldr: Ranged enemies too strong, melee enemies too weak, lol.

Last edited:

ironcobra

May 14, 2020
the file is not compatible with new version of the game. replace it makes the game crash at start

gavincreeper

Jun 13, 2017
What's up with the janky combat in this one? The previous games were all pretty smooth/fluid but this feels a bit awkward. I hope it'll be improved. Not just the sliding past enemies and the randomly only punching once instead of using the combo that's the issue. Enemies being able to permanently lock you down with gunfire from a mile away is fucked. Worst balanced game by him so far, I hope the combat is largely a wip. Last game you could deal with bullets way better. You may have been a bit overpowered in the previous game (Hounds of Blade), but this went a step too far in the other direction.

Spamming jump kicks and hoping you don't land when an enemy is opening fire on or attacking you is all you can do against some enemies here. Why even give us floor combos when they'll just get you killed against most enemies. The auto zoom during combat should really chill out too, either less zoom or just turned off by default. You need to see ranged enemies at all times to avoid getting your ass shot.

Right now this game feels like the first time the dev has tried a melee only fighter like this against ranged enemies, but it's clearly not his first time since Hounds of Blade exists obviously. It's like he regressed a bit. Seems he went a bit overboard with the nerfs, slowing the player down and making them less tanky/able to deal with bullets creates a really terrible combo. Shoulda gone with one or the other or made the changes lesser.

It's still playable, but I feel like I'm fighting the controls and the awkward balance more than the enemies. Only reason you'll get hit by melee enemies right now is if you accidentally slide past them for example. Melee enemies could also use some special attacks, like they temporarily become immune to knockback and lunge at you, forcing you to dodge or block or something. I haven't seen anything from him like the dogs in Nanocrisis in a long time, now those were good melee enemies. The way they charged at you from out of screen and could lunge at you and stuff kept you on your toes. Not sure you could even do that as well here since the MC has no ranged attacks. I miss that thrill from his games.

Basically tldr: Ranged enemies too strong, melee enemies too weak, lol.
Combat is actually fine, just poorly explained.
You should be holding the attacking button instead of mashing it. If you hold the attack button she will always do her full combo. You can also turn where she's facing for the final attack of her combo, so if you slide past an enemy mid-combo you can still hit them.

Ranged enemies are meant to be blocked. Rena has a Guard button, use it. Guard allows you to close in on ranged enemies, when they dash away is when you dash in to close in on them and then you can full combo them to death. Also if you stick close to enemies (and not have one flank you), then ranged enemies can't attack as friendly fire exists.

While Hounds of the Blade was mostly spam dash attack to win, this combat tries for a hit-and-run mechanic. You dash in, do your combo, back away to avoid counters if they're all grouped together (or the enemy will back away from you), then close in again.

All the while conserving your suit's energy, as once it's 0 it's basically game over (though if you're fighting melee enemies you can jump attack cheese).

I know combat can feel bad at first, I definitely thought it was unresponsive as heck. But once I got used to holding the attack button, I kinda prefer it to Hounds of the Blade in the sense that I'm actually using most of my moves.

tldr: hold the attack button

RossoX

Jun 3, 2021
What's up with the janky combat in this one? The previous games were all pretty smooth/fluid
Hounds of the Blade was too "smooth" for comfort tough lol, movement was extremely floaty and as far as strategy the best thing to do was to keep jumping and using the spinning blade upgrade, repeat ad nauseum. Aya jumped like 8 meters in the air anyways, and moved at a bullet's speed so it was very easy to abuse.

All I'm saying is that inu's games were always janky like this so its no surprise really. I agree with you that there could be better balance, but going by past experiences inu's doesn't seem too keen on improving the gameplay formula once he has the basics down, but hopefully he changes his methods this time around.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Hounds of the Blade was too "smooth" for comfort tough lol, movement was extremely floaty and as far as strategy the best thing to do was to keep jumping and using the spinning blade upgrade, repeat ad nauseum. Aya jumped like 8 meters in the air anyways, and moved at a bullet's speed so it was very easy to abuse.

All I'm saying is that inu's games were always janky like this so its no surprise really. I agree with you that there could be better balance, but going by past experiences inu's doesn't seem too keen on improving the gameplay formula once he has the basics down, but hopefully he changes his methods this time around.
Yeah, it might have been too floaty in the previous game, but I feel like it was overall handled better. He tuned it a bit too much in the other direction I feel. You take too much damage from blocking bullets and can get locked down easily with all the ranged enemies clumping up together and spamming gunfire. The combo thing is probably because he wanted to focus more on ground combos, but some just don't feel great/work well. You don't need them against melee enemies and ranged enemies are always a gamble unless you get in that sweet spot in between their range and melee attacks.

Still very hit and run as somebody else mentioned, but it's really not working well in my opinion with how much they slowed down the MCs movement. Shoulda either kept the player speed/movement or allowed a more tactical way to play than jumping around like a nut and drop kicking all ranged enemies for days. Feels like he focused a bit too much on cool shit like combos nobody needs instead of locking down the basics first. Oh well, it's not the worst combat I've seen, just feels like a bit of a step down to me.

Reactions: RossoX

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Just finishing the translation, should be up tomorrow.

Re: Combat, I've found that spamming the low kick seems to work on the majority of enemies.

Reactions: RossoX

foofoo3344

Dec 5, 2017
Just finishing the translation, should be up tomorrow.

Re: Combat, I've found that spamming the low kick seems to work on the majority of enemies.
Spanning low kicks huh? Reminds me of spanning certain stun-lock moves in Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter games

Reactions: f9account
3.90 star(s) 15 Votes