Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Only three things I can think of right now that I would really want in the future for this game (disregarding more transformations, which I'm sure is a given) would be, as someone previously suggested, a monster vs monster type thing that occurs after all humans have been transformed. Something that would keep going on until all monster girls have been transformed into the same type.
Something at least really similair to this is coming next release. The game still ends once all humans have been TFd, but you can set all relationships between all monstertypes. You can thus create groups of monsters (for example make all the bugs a team) and make them hostile to all other monsters. With some engineering that can get really close to "play until 1 monstertype is left".

Second is maybe keeping the monster girl who transformed you around until the transformation is complete. I find that often after losing to/volunteering to a monster girl they then just run off and get themselves killed right away, which kinda stinks. Would have liked to stay with your "master" a little longer, if that makes sense.
I'll pass it on, but to be fair if they stayed with you they are also very likely to get pummeled by the first group of humans that walks by - by nature characters get KOd a **lot** in this game, as I'm sure you have noticed.

Lastly, not sure if this has been considered or not, but something I would really appreciate is unique dialog and possible portraits when you are the one transforming another girl, such as you expressing your pleasure and satisfaction on the changes they are undergoing, if that makes any sense.
Additionally, maybe some reactions/observations/ comments from the monster girl in general who transformed you, while the process in taking place. Just some comments and suggestions from a humble fan. Really love the game. excited to see where it goes.
Easily doable from a techincal perspective (there is already general text for seeing someone TF, and calling different text if you're a different form is not difficult; pretty sure a select few forms already do this but I couldn't tell you which ones anymore), but it's a lot of work to retroactively write that for 80ish forms. We have thought about it though, and it's not impossible it happens as some polish thing down the line. No promises though!

Also, anyone know where a place to have more direct contact with the developers would be/ways I can see stuff in progress? Would be cool to know and keep up with development.
We prefer to keep discussion largely inside forum threads for sanity. I try to answer most questions though :) Insofar as progress goes: we're wrapping up testing on the current version, but there's a couple nasty bugs that still require fixing.

grantemp07

Apr 5, 2020
Something at least really similair to this is coming next release. The game still ends once all humans have been TFd, but you can set all relationships between all monstertypes. You can thus create groups of monsters (for example make all the bugs a team) and make them hostile to all other monsters. With some engineering that can get really close to "play until 1 monstertype is left".
Question, is the monster v monster purely combat, battling until all the others have been defeated, or will there be some way to TF them onto your team as well? I realize that having direct TF's from each monster type to each monster type would be a nightmare and completely unfeasible in terms of the CG's, so perhaps TF'ing the monster back to a human form and then proceeding along with the usual TF route would work well.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Question, is the monster v monster purely combat, battling until all the others have been defeated, or will there be some way to TF them onto your team as well? I realize that having direct TF's from each monster type to each monster type would be a nightmare and completely unfeasible in terms of the CG's, so perhaps TF'ing the monster back to a human form and then proceeding along with the usual TF route would work well.
Definetly going to be combat-only. Even if you made an image set to un-TF the monsters, that would result in at least 1 or 2 images per monster per character and that is much more work than we're willing to put into that :D The other option is to just proc the TF as normal, but they would just be jarring and unpolished. This is just a fun extra feature.

Reactions: PoeTato

grantemp07

Apr 5, 2020
Definetly going to be combat-only. Even if you made an image set to un-TF the monsters, that would result in at least 1 or 2 images per monster per character and that is much more work than we're willing to put into that :D The other option is to just proc the TF as normal, but they would just be jarring and unpolished. This is just a fun extra feature.
Makes sense. It might look pretty fucky, but I wonder how well playing the transformation images in reverse for the un-TF would look. Some of them would work pretty well, like slowly stripping the Lithosites away from a Lithosite host. Others, like the podling or the golen, would look super weird.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Beta 4 is finished! Major features are:

+ Added mermaid, undine, nixie and oni tfs
+ Added joystick look and movement
+ Added 'possess' option to observer mode and some related settings
+ Added temporary and permanent body swap items
+ Added infighting/side customisation

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Does this game have sexual content? I mean like actually, and not only the nudity?
A couple forms get pretty touchy-feely during their TFs (Nymphs, Undine, couple others), explicit lewdities involved with the Treemothers. So I suppose yes, there is more beyond just the nudity, though it varies by form.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hmm... So here's a suggestion for a "feature" that's really only useful to those of us who follow the game from update to update. How about a way to import/export ruleset settings so that we don't have to remake them every time we download a new version? I suppose it could also be used to share custom rulesets between players, which would save a little bit of time compared to just telling people what you did and having them do it themselves. Of course, to make it compatible with future updates with new settings, it should be coded in a way that any setting that isn't specified in the saved ruleset is just set to the default value.

Last edited:

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Hmm... So here's a suggestion for a "feature" that's really only useful to those of us who follow the game from update to update. How about a way to import/export ruleset settings so that we don't have to remake them every time we download a new version? I suppose it could also be used to share custom rulesets between players, which would save a little bit of time compared to just telling people what you did and having them do it themselves. Of course, to make it compatible with future updates with new settings, it should be coded in a way that any setting that isn't specified in the saved ruleset is just set to the default value.
You can already do this! If you just don't delete the old folder "Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition" and extract the new version you downloaded over it, then it'll update all the files (it'll want to replace 190 or so) and let you keep your spawn tables, rule settings and everything else. I've been doing that for years and it's only caused a conflict once, so you can safely do it that way :D

There's also a file called "settings.txt" (Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition\Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition_Data\settings.txt), which is the file that contains all these things. You can pass that file around or copy-paste it into new versions to keep all your settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoeTato

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You can already do this! If you just don't delete the old folder "Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition" and extract the new version you downloaded over it, then it'll update all the files (it'll want to replace 190 or so) and let you keep your spawn tables, rule settings and everything else. I've been doing that for years and it's only caused a conflict once, so you can safely do it that way :D

There's also a file called "settings.txt" (Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition\Pandemonium Classic - Unity Edition_Data\settings.txt), which is the file that contains all these things. You can pass that file around or copy-paste it into new versions to keep all your settings.

Well dang, that would have saved me a lot of time, lol.

So I finally got around to trying the new content. The new custom sides mechanic is neat, though I've already found two... I don't know if I'd call them "bugs", but stuff that probably shouldn't happen. One is that allied Rusalka still only target humans with their secondary power. However, once a human is under their power and starts following them around, they can't transform that human, and they never recover from that state, so they're pretty much stuck that way. Allied cheerleaders are also an issue since the dark ones still cheer for monsters, but you can't attack them to bring them back to your side.

Then there's... This.

I'm not sure what that slanted thing is supposed to be, but it's probably not supposed to block that door or overlap that table, and almost definitely not supposed to trap poor Sanya inside of it when she spawns there.

Anywho, are there any future plans on expanding the faction mechanic? Like, for instance, allowing some monsters and items to change a target's faction without transforming them (possibly including reworking the mechanics of some existing ones like the Hypnogun)? Maybe with a separate "monster type" in the group affiliations tab dedicated to the target of that attack/item, like for instance having "monsters hit with Hypnogun" that can be assigned to the Human faction or something like that.

With that in mind, while monsters transforming monsters may not be an option (with specific exceptions like the fallen cupid), maybe some of them could still convert other monsters to their faction (or another)? Perhaps it could be an automatic behavior you can set in the faction menu, e.g. one faction targets another as "Convert" instead of "Hostile", which is functionally the same but causes them to switch sides instead of dying when killed. And/or it can be tied to specific monsters as their unique ability, like a mind-controlling parasite that all monsters see as a threat because of its ability to turn any of them into its puppets.

But the monster concept I think would be the most fitting for a mechanic like that would be the Monster Tamer, or Beastmaster, or something like that. It would be a "human-type" monster like the Maid or Hypnotist, driven mad by her desire to dominate all monsters and make them her slaves, and she would have her own faction and be hostile to everything (by default). Monsters she defeats would join her faction, and humans she defeats would be collared and "tamed", turning into her loyal pets. Maybe after meeting certain conditions (like getting enough headpats), the human pets can be promoted into another, fully inhuman monster type exclusive to the Beastmaster's slaves. (But not into a fellow Beastmaster - there can be only one true mistress!)

Last and probably also least, if the ability to change someone's faction mid-game is added, maybe it could also be possible to let the player choose a separate faction to start as, separate from their chosen race? Then maybe I could finally make my fantasy game mode where you play as a human enslaving the other humans while trying not to get turned into a monster.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Well dang, that would have saved me a lot of time, lol.

So I finally got around to trying the new content. The new custom sides mechanic is neat, though I've already found two... I don't know if I'd call them "bugs", but stuff that probably shouldn't happen. One is that allied Rusalka still only target humans with their secondary power. However, once a human is under their power and starts following them around, they can't transform that human, and they never recover from that state, so they're pretty much stuck that way. Allied cheerleaders are also an issue since the dark ones still cheer for monsters, but you can't attack them to bring them back to your side.
Noted! There's probably more stuff like this we didn't think off regarding these fringe cases, so let us know if you find any more. Passed this on to the dev for now.

Then there's... This.

I'm not sure what that slanted thing is supposed to be, but it's probably not supposed to block that door or overlap that table, and almost definitely not supposed to trap poor Sanya inside of it when she spawns there.
Quickly inspected it, this is the roof of the Vampire Crypt in the garden spawning waaaay closer to the mansion than it usually does. This should happen very rarely, but we'll probably catch these cases for next patch :)

Anywho, are there any future plans on expanding the faction mechanic? Like, for instance, allowing some monsters and items to change a target's faction without transforming them (possibly including reworking the mechanics of some existing ones like the Hypnogun)? Maybe with a separate "monster type" in the group affiliations tab dedicated to the target of that attack/item, like for instance having "monsters hit with Hypnogun" that can be assigned to the Human faction or something like that.

With that in mind, while monsters transforming monsters may not be an option (with specific exceptions like the fallen cupid), maybe some of them could still convert other monsters to their faction (or another)? Perhaps it could be an automatic behavior you can set in the faction menu, e.g. one faction targets another as "Convert" instead of "Hostile", which is functionally the same but causes them to switch sides instead of dying when killed. And/or it can be tied to specific monsters as their unique ability, like a mind-controlling parasite that all monsters see as a threat because of its ability to turn any of them into its puppets.

[...]

Last and probably also least, if the ability to change someone's faction mid-game is added, maybe it could also be possible to let the player choose a separate faction to start as, separate from their chosen race? Then maybe I could finally make my fantasy game mode where you play as a human enslaving the other humans while trying not to get turned into a monster.
First of all: nothing is currently planned to be added to the faction system. Doesn't mean it can't happen, but there's other things we would like to add first (We may or may not already have 4 monster image sets ready for the next beta... who knows right?). I also don't know how deep the side switching can go under the hood, I don't know enough about the code myself. The last thing though, making the player exempt from the faction system, is probably possible? I'll bring it up with the dev, as usual :)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The last thing though, making the player exempt from the faction system, is probably possible? I'll bring it up with the dev, as usual
A similar thought occurred to me that might also have some interesting potential, which is having each girl be listed separately (at least in their human form, as things would get VERY annoying in that list if each monster was listed eight times, unless there was a collapsible list with an "apply to all girls" option for each). Then you could have each girl lead a different faction of monsters and possibly fight each other for dominance. Although it'd be weird to balance, since monster spawns would still be random and you can't specifically start out with a specific number of specific types of monsters, so the sides would quickly become uneven and you'd never be able to convert enemy humans to your faction until at least one allied monster spawns. And of course things would start getting weird if you have human spawns or a high starting human count turned on, as the Mei clones start teaming up against the Christine clones. ...Actually, having an item that lets you transform an incapacitated human into your clone would also be pretty cool. Though the maid kind of already has that schtick, and the teacher, and the guard...

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
A similar thought occurred to me that might also have some interesting potential, which is having each girl be listed separately (at least in their human form, as things would get VERY annoying in that list if each monster was listed eight times, unless there was a collapsible list with an "apply to all girls" option for each). Then you could have each girl lead a different faction of monsters and possibly fight each other for dominance.
We really like that idea. It's possible to do but will require shenanigans, so it's written up on the idea sheet as a solid "maybe" for now. Thanks!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I just discovered that the Body Swapper was a thing, and I'm doing some tests... Oh dear lord, do not swap with someone who has a swapper and then swap back to your original body and then swap back again and let it time out. I got five messages of "Mei and Mei have returned to their original body!" and then the game started lagging really badly until it locked up.

Another body swap freeze happened in a perfect storm of circumstances, and I'm not sure which caused it. Will try to do more testing. I swapped with the body of a neutral Genie, then got incapacitated by a monster. While I was incapacitated my original body got turned into a maid, and my body swap wore off just as I recovered from incapacitation. I was still a genie, my neutral genie instructions on the bottom of the screen were replaced by hostile genie ones, every monster was listed as neutral to me, and I was stuck completely unable to move.

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
Small bugpatch release! Thanks for reports.

Things seem very stable, so unless we find something big soon the dev cycle for next version will begin.

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
Rusalka it's was hardcore gameplay. Because you can't out from water, human AI when see you, just run awai. And you hypno song not strong enough for stun they.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Rusalka it's was hardcore gameplay. Because you can't out from water, human AI when see you, just run awai. And you hypno song not strong enough for stun they.
Both Rusalka and Mermaid just take patience and spamming the right mouse button. Eventually the girls will succumb to the hypnosis and seek you out for conversion.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes