Unity Completed House of Pandemonium: Unity Edition [v1.0.11] [Throwawaylady]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Novadrone

Feb 7, 2018
Are you guys planning on adding more dominant male characters in the game like the Rabbit Prince again? I really liked the idea though I know implementing new ones would be hard, but I'd love to see something similar to the dark elf/serf relation where the transformed more directly aid in the transforming of others slowly becoming this bigger blob of force and aren't just a background thing. Maybe something more like the fallen cupid/rusalka thralls where the transformed go off hunt for more girls and drag them back or something. I don't know, you guys are very creative, I'm sure you can create something fun and unique like you always do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The cultists act exactly like this. Once 3 cultists are on the map, they go to the ritual alter and one of them is converted into the partial demon lord. Once 6 are converted, the ritual is finished, and the demon lord can transform others into demon units.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
For some reason, all the links lead to the Linux version.

Is this just me somehow?

Or have I made an error?

Edit: None of the Windows x64 work for me. All of them lead to Linux. Only 2 of the x32 links worked.

Last edited:

Trinity3

Sep 18, 2018
For some reason, all the links lead to the Linux version.

Is this just me somehow?

Or have I made an error?

Edit: None of the Windows x64 work for me. All of them lead to Linux. Only 2 of the x32 links worked.
No, you are right. It appears something went wrong when staff updated the links, I'll notify them. Here's the right links for you!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hi, any updates?
They're still working on the next update, of which I dropped some info here. From the looks of things, they seem to be on Patch 15 of the internal testing for that update, though I haven't played any of the WIP versions and don't regularly check in on what they're up to. Apart from the stuff I mentioned before, it seems they're mostly working on bugfixes and balance issues, with one significant new feature. I seem to recall hearing them mention some stuff about this before, but I don't know the full details. I think it's related to some new victory/loss conditions and seemingly some other details that could dramatically affect the game structure. With that in mind, it might actually be a significant delay before the next update is both feature-complete and with enough bugfixes that they feel comfortable releasing it.

As for what this new mechanic is...

Edit: Okay, now I'm actually interested, so I think I'm gonna poke around in the WIP build and maybe give some more info about what you can expect from this feature. I won't be able to get to it for a few hours, though.

Edit 2: Well, there's definitely a lot of signs that it's incomplete in its current form. So far the new feature seems to just randomly cause buffs and debuffs throughout the mansion, and while the framework is there for some other interactions, I could only get one or two of them to work.

Last edited:

Razef

Nov 25, 2019
Does every transformation have a way becoming it without a monster spawning as one? For example do the Ganguro and the Succubus have an item you need to equip or a place you need to be at?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Does every transformation have a way becoming it without a monster spawning as one? For example do the Ganguro and the Succubus have an item you need to equip or a place you need to be at?
Not by default, no. However, I'm not sure if something generic like genie wishes can be used to transform yourself... I know you can spawn a monster with a wish, but I don't know if "become succubus" works. But most monsters don't have a unique way to turn into them aside from encountering them as an enemy.

Piklopedia

Jul 9, 2020
If you didn't know already usually all monsters that are linked to some kind of room or set piece have the ability to transform you. For example, even looking at the moon and surrendering can transform you.

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
They're still working on the next update, of which I dropped some info here. From the looks of things, they seem to be on Patch 15 of the internal testing for that update, though I haven't played any of the WIP versions and don't regularly check in on what they're up to. Apart from the stuff I mentioned before, it seems they're mostly working on bugfixes and balance issues, with one significant new feature. I seem to recall hearing them mention some stuff about this before, but I don't know the full details. I think it's related to some new victory/loss conditions and seemingly some other details that could dramatically affect the game structure. With that in mind, it might actually be a significant delay before the next update is both feature-complete and with enough bugfixes that they feel comfortable releasing it.

Edit: Okay, now I'm actually interested, so I think I'm gonna poke around in the WIP build and maybe give some more info about what you can expect from this feature. I won't be able to get to it for a few hours, though.

Edit 2: Well, there's definitely a lot of signs that it's incomplete in its current form. So far the new feature seems to just randomly cause buffs and debuffs throughout the mansion, and while the framework is there for some other interactions, I could only get one or two of them to work.

Dang, the Lady sounds like it'll be hell to implement into the game.

Also do you have a number for how many new enemies/characters will be added into the next update other than the merchant and centaurs? Don't wanna know exactly what they are just how many are planned

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Dang, the Lady sounds like it'll be hell to implement into the game.

Also do you have a number for how many new enemies/characters will be added into the next update other than the merchant and centaurs? Don't wanna know exactly what they are just how many are planned
Not including the ones you mentioned, it looks like 6, which I listed in the post I linked at the beginning of that post. Though there may be more by the time the update comes out.

Have discord of dev ?
The devs specifically don't want to make the Discord too public. Apparently it's already more crowded than what they're comfortable with.

Khun5058

Jul 23, 2022

where do i have to go to download and try the WIP version of the game?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So a bit of info about the latest WIP build and the new mechanic... First of all, it's definitely a good thing it's not getting posted here as a replacement for the current version, because the latest build is completely jank. The AI just randomly flies off into the air sometimes. I think it might have to do with them interpreting rooms on higher floors as being "adjacent" and trying to walk into them, even though there's both a wall and ceiling in the way... and gravity. There's also an issue with the way Progenitor half-clones work, with all Progenitors becoming full clones regardless of which settings you change. This is likely related to the overhaul to how some of the menus work, particularly the monster settings. (Though it's strange that there's no option to keep *all* Progenitors as half-clones, with the only setting being to make it happen 50% of the time.)

Anywho, as for the spoiler bit...

Anyway, on an unrelated note, I had an idea for a new monster type: The Hive Mind. Visually, this monster would be no different from their human form, but their brain will have been assimilated and think the exact same thoughts as all other members of the hive. How this translates to gameplay is that they'll always move in formation, only briefly breaking formation to move through doors (basically the AI will rubber-band into a specific position). Basically like but without the smiles. They wouldn't even break formation to attack, so the strategy to defeating them would be to take the leader head on, while the followers are out of attacking range. (To reiterate, I'm no longer talking about things that are in the current WIP build of the game, just suggesting something new.)

Last edited:

Piklopedia

Jul 9, 2020
Anyway, on an unrelated note, I had an idea for a new monster type: The Hive Mind. Visually, this monster would be no different from their human form, but their brain will have been assimilated and think the exact same thoughts as all other members of the hive. How this translates to gameplay is that they'll always move in formation, only briefly breaking formation to move through doors (basically the AI will rubber-band into a specific position). Basically like but without the smiles. They wouldn't even break formation to attack, so the strategy to defeating them would be to take the leader head on, while the followers are out of attacking range. (To reiterate, I'm no longer talking about things that are in the current WIP build of the game, just suggesting something new.)
I really like this idea, I wish more people would share their thoughts like this. This hive mind type kinda reminds me of Unity from Rick and Morty. I'm definitely not opposed to seeing that sort of vomit control thing she did in the series.

Lilitas72

Jan 21, 2020
I really like this idea, I wish more people would share their thoughts like this. This hive mind type kinda reminds me of Unity from Rick and Morty. I'm definitely not opposed to seeing that sort of vomit control thing she did in the series.
Don't the darkslaves kindaaaaa do that? When they interact with a downed human it describes that they go in for a kiss and pour dark energy into them through the mouth. But yeah that definitely isn't close to a hive mind.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Don't the darkslaves kindaaaaa do that? When they interact with a downed human it describes that they go in for a kiss and pour dark energy into them through the mouth. But yeah that definitely isn't close to a hive mind.
Well, conceptually it is a sort of hive mind as it's said that their souls are replaced completely by the darkness, which is implied to have a singular will. But there are a lot of monsters in this game that are technically hive-minded, even if they act independently. I was mostly going for one where "literally a single thought shared across all of them" is the sole theme, and reflected in their gameplay.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
Well, conceptually it is a sort of hive mind as it's said that their souls are replaced completely by the darkness, which is implied to have a singular will. But there are a lot of monsters in this game that are technically hive-minded, even if they act independently. I was mostly going for one where "literally a single thought shared across all of them" is the sole theme, and reflected in their gameplay.
I mean, I think it sounds like a nice idea for an enemy type myself.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes