VN Unity Abandoned House of Pleasure [v0.4.5] [deepandsilent3dx]

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

linkmeister

Dec 27, 2017
I'm going to give it a try because i love those characters, especially Lisa, but the cartoonish/photoshop blur render is making me a bit apprehensive. Let's take it for a test run and see what happens ;):rolleyes:

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
Something seems strange : I'm on day 6 with pretty much more events but now save takes 2 minutes ! More events, more time to save ? .
Otherwise, on the whole, I like it. Much less tricky than BB....

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
Duuude..... a male MC living in a house with 3 female relatives/room mates (always a MILF and 2 sister types) is hardly an original idea. There are probably 50 games on here like that from straight up grinders like Man of the House and View of Family to story driven ones like Sins of the Father or even Where the Heart Is.

Chill.
There is a difference between:

1 guy, living in a house with 1 mother & 2 sisters/landlady & 2 roommates

vs

1 guy, looking the EXACT same as a character from another game, living in the EXACT same house, with the EXACT same mother - with the exception of her name, cause the dev was creative enough to put an entire "e" at the end of the name, so instead of "Ann" she is now "Anne" - with the EXACT same 2 sisters, looking and dressing the same, and having identical names to their counterparts, with the exception of 1 letter change in one of the names (Liza instead of Lisa. Man, the creativity is amazing!)

As an example from hollywood. Which movie concept would you say is more original:

"Amazing spy is hunted by evil organisation, but manages to defeat them and probably save the world". We have quite a few of those: James Bond, Jason Bourne, John Wick, Taken, Mission Impossible, Austin Powers, just to name a few.

vs

Movie about a secret agent called "Jamie B0nd" (notice the numerical "0" instead of a regular "o". I am often amazed by my own genius), with the codename 0007, working for a secret intelligence named "MI66", with a nice secretary named "Monique Penn" who has a crush on our 0007, and a boss named "W" (again, notice the upside down "M", damn, I should be making movies!) and getting supplied with experimental weapons/equipment by an excentric inventor named "Queue"

There is a big difference between using a tried-and-tested setup, IE the "Secret agent vs evil organisation" or "Young man living with mother and 2 sisters" vs basically copying an entire existing thing and just changing small pieces here and there. Getting inspired by something is great. Completely ripping it off isn't. At least not in my book.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
There is a difference between:

1 guy, living in a house with 1 mother & 2 sisters/landlady & 2 roommates

vs

1 guy, looking the EXACT same as a character from another game, living in the EXACT same house, with the EXACT same mother - with the exception of her name, cause the dev was creative enough to put an entire "e" at the end of the name, so instead of "Ann" she is now "Anne" - with the EXACT same 2 sisters, looking and dressing the same, and having identical names to their counterparts, with the exception of 1 letter change in one of the names (Liza instead of Lisa. Man, the creativity is amazing!)

As an example from hollywood. Which movie concept would you say is more original:

"Amazing spy is hunted by evil organisation, but manages to defeat them and probably save the world". We have quite a few of those: James Bond, Jason Bourne, John Wick, Taken, Mission Impossible, Austin Powers, just to name a few.

vs

Movie about a secret agent called "Jamie B0nd" (notice the numerical "0" instead of a regular "o". I am often amazed by my own genius), with the codename 0007, working for a secret intelligence named "MI66", with a nice secretary named "Monique Penn" who has a crush on our 0007, and a boss named "W" (again, notice the upside down "M", damn, I should be making movies!) and getting supplied with experimental weapons/equipment by an excentric inventor named "Queue"

There is a big difference between using a tried-and-tested setup, IE the "Secret agent vs evil organisation" or "Young man living with mother and 2 sisters" vs basically copying an entire existing thing and just changing small pieces here and there. Getting inspired by something is great. Completely ripping it off isn't. At least not in my book.
There's actually a really good example of this in Cure My Addiction, the high level concept of that game could literally be described as "Big Brother but on a boat", it works though because the characters themselves, while fitting the same sort of stereotype, are different people.

It literally has Mom, 2 daughters, a Kira stand-in, a doctor and what is sort of an Eric stand in but not quite as annoying, all it's missing is a floating barista.

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
There's actually a really good example of this in Cure My Addiction, the high level concept of that game could literally be described as "Big Brother but on a boat", it works though because the characters themselves, while fitting the same sort of stereotype, are different people.

It literally has Mom, 2 daughters, a Kira stand-in, a doctor and what is sort of an Eric stand in but not quite as annoying.
Well, as I pointed out, this is not copying the game. It is being inspired and transforming something into a different setting and thus changing it, instead of literally being CTRL+C > CTRL+V. I don't mind people getting inspired by BB and making their own versions, but why can't they change them to become something new? Give them a new hairstyle, change their skin color/tone and use some ORIGINAL names! Move them into a another house, or like you said, a boat. Just change some shit up!

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Well, as I pointed out, this is not copying the game. It is being inspired and transforming something into a different setting and thus changing it, instead of literally being CTRL+C > CTRL+V. I don't mind people getting inspired by BB and making their own versions, but why can't they change them to become something new? Give them a new hairstyle, change their skin color/tone and use some ORIGINAL names! Move them into a another house, or like you said, a boat. Just change some shit up!
Yeah man I get you, I was just giving a more specific example that pretty much nails what you should do if you're going to copy an existing game.

Reactions: Agent HK47

qyx455

Dec 3, 2018
In a way, this is intriguing, and depressing, at the same time... a number of people have asked where the Save files are located, and all the requests for info have been unanswered <ignored?>... I've searched my system, and I can't find anything resembling a Savefile for this game... not to mention the numerous lockups I've encountered whilst trying to chat with the 'lovely' sisters <annoying bitches>... All in all, nice renders, not a fan of the post-work, sorry... (oh, by the way, the Map button does nothing but flash when clicked...)... nice masturbations, titties, and butt cracks... Guess I have to ask the obvious... Is there anything more to look forward to??? :/

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Why should I, as the developer of the game, post the changelogs of a game version in a pirate forum that is not yet publicly available? :rolleyes:
So you're okay with using this site as a platform for promoting and asking people to support you on patreon, but providing a simple changelog for your game, which has already been leaked, is somehow unfathomable to you? Your logic is off, dude. Also, your reluctance to do so, only makes me suspect that not a lot has been added to this version, and you just don't want people to know it.

T8888L

Aug 14, 2017
I cannot deal with the renders, the added cartoon filters are too much.
Would probably have loved it otherwise.

But as it is now, it is a bust.

KarayHue

Mar 17, 2019
I appreciate the idea of continuing the story, but the filters used in the images are tiring.

groq

Aug 12, 2017
is a save file to download
Savefile, as in, information about the game you're playing... data regarding the MC, NPCs, etc... commonly saved in a SAVES folder, or such... with Unity games, it normally goes in the APPDATA dir, under your user name...
sorry, no save files. this game stores save data in the registry, the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\deepandsilent3dx\House Of Pleasure. only 10 save slots.

Reactions: Pumpkin1984
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes