sickkid89

Nov 1, 2018
Thats mostly why I was asking, because its not the change of look that bothers me, they had this style for a while if I am not mistaken and it hasnt been that long ago since I havent played, its straight up that, except Derek, Vickie and Madison, the rest look straight up bad.

I thought it would be the graphics because it indeed did not look right, but everything is as high as it can, so I dont know :FeelsBadMan:

holy shit u were right. those model looked straight up horrible than before. what did they do though?

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
holy shit u were right. those model looked straight up horrible than before. what did they do though?
No idea, as I was discussing with the other guy, it might be that the graphic options bug out and they are low or something even when they are the highest they can.

It could be that they just look worse now tho, because Vicky looked fine but the rest were ugh.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
In terms of the new character graphics.. aside from the characters not being finished yet (as stated on the Eek! release notes), here's the thing...

The characters IMO are a huge improvement. Before.. they didn't react to the environment at all. They just looked the same everywhere. They looked *good*, but there was no definition, no reflections on hair and eyes, no fine detail in the face.. etc...

For instance, the lighting in the upstairs area where Brittney sits is awful. I think pretty much all the characters look bad in that room. But if you take Brittney downstairs to like the living room, she looks much better. Something about the lighting there, I dunno, but I notice that they look different in different areas. The reason I say it's such a big improvement is because this is also true in real life. Honestly, (And I'm sure Eek already knows this and is working on it) if they tweak the lights out a bit, fix the hair up, and fix up a few of the models who look a little weird right now, with all these changes, I think overall the game will look amazing.

Bottom line, I think you guys are noticing some of the negative side-effects of the unfinished process of implementing these new models and assuming that it's going to be the final product. Sure, there's some aspects that are not looking great right now, but overall, I can definitely see a huge improvement. This is an Alpha build. It's a work in progress. They honestly usually don't get all the polish in until the Stable Release.

Reactions: rituel
Aug 9, 2016
I'm really curious to see what 0.13 is going to do. Sounds like they are gonna add in these new people who won the Patreon vote, which is pretty boring to me TBH. But Brittney is really the only one left in game without any real significant amount of content, so I assume she is going to be next (maybe not since she's a lesbian?) and then from there I'm not sure (update Rachael/Katherine since their content is kind of old? Continue the Vickie stuff?)

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I'm really curious to see what 0.13 is going to do. Sounds like they are gonna add in these new people who won the Patreon vote, which is pretty boring to me TBH. But Brittney is really the only one left in game without any real significant amount of content, so I assume she is going to be next (maybe not since she's a lesbian?) and then from there I'm not sure (update Rachael/Katherine since their content is kind of old? Continue the Vickie stuff?)
One thing that’s supposedly coming is the ability to play as a female MC. That can make the new stories (and male stories) more interesting.

agustusmax1

May 9, 2017
Am I the only one who can't talk to Katherine about Hacking phones? Man I restarted the game and rush that part and still nothing

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Could anyone post a screenshot of any of the updated models?
I'm not going to post them all, but here's Rachael before and after. It's hard to see the complete difference because the hair moves now also, which is a really nice effect.

OldRach.PNG newRach.PNG

Those of you saying the new models are worse... uhhh.. I dunno what to say. Like I said, I think those people prefer the goofy, cartoony look of the first image.

Also, they just put out a new beta, and here's the text, so there are still several models that are unfinished:

"Here's House Party 0.12.1. We mostly focused on story stuff this past week, so there is still a lot of optimization that will be happening over the next couple of weeks. There are still several new character models that are not finalized yet, and we are still working out a lot of kinks with the hair movement, and we will be redesigning the shader for the hair as well to create a more realistic effect. We also have a lot of optimization that is yet to be done to the new features, so expect lower than usual frame-rates.

This version is fully voice-acted though, and we've handled a lot of story bugs, as well as regression issues with the new content. We'll be polishing things up for possibly one more Beta, and then the stable release. Enjoy"

jughead004

Donor
Sep 19, 2017
I'm gonna wait for Game Grumps to actually come in the game so I can let Erin and Frank dood it out dood.

redrock24

May 1, 2017
Anyone know what to do after placing the voice recorder on the window? I feel like I must be missing something stupid

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes