domino61

Jul 12, 2017
a full walkthrough that works with the newest version of the game? or its the same as it is in the main thread?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Any completed save files? v0.12.2
No such thing, someone would need to upload a save for each path. Just play the game.

a full walkthrough that works with the newest version of the game? or its the same as it is in the main thread?
Walkthrough is severely outdated, I haven't worked on it since 0.10. It's also written in multiple places that the latest version for the walkthrough is 0.8.7. That being said, MOST of the stories should still work, just not the new ones.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
So, for people with out beast PC's, does this game STILL make your CPU/GPU try to commit suicide or have they finally fixed that?

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Fantastic.

Is that not like a highly requested thing? I would like to play this game, maybe I'd love it enough to actually buy it but I'm not going to risk burning out my GPU for it...
If a game that is stressing your GPU causes it to "burn out", then your GPU has poor cooling and you need to do something about it anyway, because it probably wont last the summer (if you have it by then).
Its not like House Party is Furmark, anyway. And people use Furmark simply to test that their GPU is running perfectly fine.

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Fantastic.

Is that not like a highly requested thing? I would like to play this game, maybe I'd love it enough to actually buy it but I'm not going to risk burning out my GPU for it...
I always had a few stutter problems with this game myself. You need to play with the graphics options, turn off real time lighting and shadows. Also try playing with and without vsync.

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
Fantastic.

You can limit FPS in the settings menu, and turn on vsync. Played this game for a couple of hours yesterday, and the temperature of GPU was just fine

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
If a game that is stressing your GPU causes it to "burn out", then your GPU has poor cooling and you need to do something about it anyway, because it probably wont last the summer (if you have it by then).
Its not like House Party is Furmark, anyway. And people use Furmark simply to test that their GPU is running perfectly fine.
My GPU is fine, this is the only game I've ever played barring a couple of buggy hentai games that have ever put it in the red on task manager, it right away starts screeching no matter what settings I put it on.

I even have a program that's meant to forcefully limit the FPS of everything to whatever I set it, currently 60FPS. Still goes crazy.
Meanwhile I can play Total War Warhammer fine. My PC isn't amazing but it's not complete bargain bucket trash.

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
My GPU is fine, this is the only game I've ever played barring a couple of buggy hentai games that have ever put it in the red on task manager, it right away starts screeching no matter what settings I put it on.

I even have a program that's meant to forcefully limit the FPS of everything to whatever I set it, currently 60FPS. Still goes crazy.
Meanwhile I can play Total War Warhammer fine. My PC isn't amazing but it's not complete bargain bucket trash.
My point was, if House Party is enough to risk the "life" of your GPU, you're already in trouble because this isnt even designed to stress test your GPU. People run programs designed to stress their GPU, specifically for the purpose of testing their card's proper working order and cooling capability.

Again, if have temperature problems with House Party, you are in trouble in terms of hardware, sorry. Pointing out other games doesnt solve that problem, because your graphics card should be able to run fine even with 100% GPU usage, they are designed to be able to function like that, although admittedly NOT 24/7 @ 100% GPU usage.

So first of all, you havent told us what temps your card is reaching. "Red on task manager" doesnt say much.

Secondly, which card is it? Model of the GPU is required, and iteration/brand would help also. (Example: ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI 11GB OC Edition)

Also, last time I checked, the game is running on borderless windowed (fake fullscreen), which means that some graphics driver settings dont get forced and the game may very well rely on its own settings, that may or may not work.
In short, V-sync may not be working, and the games built-in settings for limiting FPS also may not be working.

So, the short question is: What is the actual FPS that you see in-game? A rough average would help.

As for the screeching, I think you may be referring to coil whine. If you're not familiar with the term, I suggest looking at this:
Basically, what you need to know is that its nothing to be alarmed about, as long as the card is running in safe temperatures, as recommended by the manufacturer. Coil whine is just annoying, and is a result of the card drawing a lot of power, which typically happens when the card is asked to output as many frames as possible, and therefore 100% GPU usage.

If however you are referring to the fans running at high rpm, (no idea why that would be described as screeching however), then your card is just running really hot. The fan noise is a good thing however, because it means that the active cooling is doing what it can to cool the card: increase air flow to move heat away from the gpu more effectively.

No idea which program you are using to limit the FPS to 60. Care to tell us?

As for your PC being decent, I dont actually know that, and I cant exactly take your word for it, but it doesnt matter, because there people with good PC's but crappy cooling on them, which can result in high temps like what you're describing. In short, the engine under the hood is powerful, but the cooling is crap. Just speculating now, again I dont know.

I would like to help you, but you have given me almost no information here.

Nov 8, 2018
Currently, I am a little bit busy but will review my walkthroughs on house party wiki as soon as possible. Will make adjustments accordingly (you see the version at the beginning of the walkthrough). So far, I've tested the Amy walkthrough and for her no chages are implemented from 0.12 to 0.12.2

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017

It sounds like you need updated drivers or a new card. Plus. there's an FPS limiter *in-game* now, so honestly, at it's lowest setting, the game only needs to pump out 30 frames per second. If your card is having a hard time doing that, I don't see how you can blame that on the software.

I easily get 100+ FPS in this game at highest settings and my GPU is fine. If I turn off all bells and whistles in the graphics options I get close to 300FPS, so there's definitely either something wrong with your hardware or your PC's configuration. I don't have anything high end either, but fairly recent card.

You're not gonna burn out your GPU. Do you realize how many copies this game has sold? There isn't one instance of it burning out somebody's hardware, and most people are playing the game just fine. It has Overwhelmingly Positive reviews on Steam. If it was choking everybody's GPU, it wouldn't. It sounds like you're an exception case, so I wouldn't really expect a "fix" anytime soon.

Compared to most of the other games on this site, this is a full 3D title. The hardware requirements are going to be way higher than any other game on here so you can't compare it to those, but I don't think HP is any more demanding than say Witcher 3, or some other new AAA titles I've played. You just need a recent GPU to keep up with the tech. It could just be that your card doesn't handle something this game is doing well and newer cards do.

domino61

Jul 12, 2017
Currently, I am a little bit busy but will review my walkthroughs on house party wiki as soon as possible. Will make adjustments accordingly (you see the version at the beginning of the walkthrough). So far, I've tested the Amy walkthrough and for her no chages are implemented from 0.12 to 0.12.2
no worries man, take your time :D

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl

Scrichta

Nov 26, 2017
For some reason, my mouse works, I can click on the door, but once the menu opens, I can not click on "open the door".

(same thing for any other action including talking to NPCs).

I did google it for a while but could only find a few hits in 2017 on steam forums and they mentioned that "Comodo" was the culprit and that the solution was to make an exception on the 2 apps.

I have no idea what Comodo is, an anti virus maybe? Don't know what 2 apps either..

ddmoo

Dec 8, 2018
How do I continue Madison's story? It's driving me crazy!

I've got to the part where I've just finished the humiliating Ashley quest and Madison will give me a BJ but no new options after that. From what I've read on here I need to examine the owl painting on the 2nd floor and then talk to her about it? I assume this means the half finished owl painting on the easel in her art room right? I have no click option on that, I cannot interact with it. I've also tried the one on the wall in the same room but I also cannot interact with that. I've tried talking to Derek but he has no new options. Literally have no idea what to do.

Here's the exact steps I've done:
Talk to Derek and go through all his current dialogue options at the start.
Talk to Madison and ask about bathroom
Get her phone and give it to her
Agree to her plan
Talk to Ashley
Get her towel
Get her madison's diary
Take her clothes
Give her tampered soda
Lock all bathrooms
Wait ages until she manages to path to the bathroom doors
Madison comes in and laughs at her
Get BJ from Madison

I've tried versions 12.0 and 12.2

mms1987

Oct 5, 2017

I've got to the part where I've just finished the humiliating Ashley quest and Madison will give me a BJ but no new options after that. From what I've read on here I need to examine the owl painting on the 2nd floor and then talk to her about it? I assume this means the half finished owl painting on the easel in her art room right? I have no click option on that, I cannot interact with it. I've also tried the one on the wall in the same room but I also cannot interact with that. I've tried talking to Derek but he has no new options. Literally have no idea what to do.

Here's the exact steps I've done:
Talk to Derek and go through all his current dialogue options at the start.
Talk to Madison and ask about bathroom
Get her phone and give it to her
Agree to her plan
Talk to Ashley
Get her towel
Get her madison's diary
Take her clothes
Give her tampered soda
Lock all bathrooms
Wait ages until she manages to path to the bathroom doors
Madison comes in and laughs at her
Get BJ from Madison

Send me a file to save

Nov 8, 2018

This quest is unrelated to the actual Madison quest, still you can combine them, but now its to late. You have to start all over again, sorry to let you know...
To start the Madison quests, you need to Crack her phone and take a look at her calendar. There your character will get to know her secret love to art. This opens up a new conversation option with Madison regarding the decor of the house. This will be the beginning of the Madison quest that will result in having sex with her.

Hope could help!

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
This quest is unrelated to the actual Madison quest, still you can combine them, but now its to late. You have to start all over again, sorry to let you know...
To start the Madison quests, you need to Crack her phone and take a look at her calendar. There your character will get to know her secret love to art. This opens up a new conversation option with Madison regarding the decor of the house. This will be the beginning of the Madison quest that will result in having sex with her.

Hope could help!
You don't actually even have to do that. You can start a new game, talk to Madison, inspect the easel, either talk to everybody at the party or wait a bit, then become friends with Madison by talking to her about Frank and Ashley, and giving her back her phone. Then you can ask her about her art studio. There's a bunch of ways to start the content, but if you go down the wrong path, you have to restart the night. Since he went down Madison's old route, it cut off the new one.

Reactions: Hurensohn Heigl
3.60 star(s) 64 Votes