Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
well that's nice - I got it off of here from the mixdrop link
You always need to pay attention what you click when you open sites that get their money by showing 3rd party adds.
Use a download manager like JDownloader to avoid such problems.

The mixdownload link is ok, if you did everything right, at the end you will have a .zip file on your hard drive, not .exe

Qurac

May 28, 2019
You always need to pay attention what you click when you open sites that get their money by showing 3rd party adds.
Use a download manager like JDownloader to avoid such problems.

The mixdownload link is ok, if you did everything right, at the end you will have a .zip file on your hard drive, not .exe
that wasn't the issue, the EXE in the zip disappeared on launch

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I see. That sounds a lot as if your AV software blocked the file (also the point with renaming the directory, the software blocks the filename as well, until it's decided how to go on or the computer is restarted).

What you can do is to go to your AV software and check the quarantined files.
I think it's a false positive however. Check the file size, it should be 653824 Bytes.

I'll download it and run a scan myself this evening.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
What I can say so far is that Anon and Mega and Mix have identical content (Racity is only at 50%, can check it later), so whatever is the problem on your PC, it's not depending on Mixload.

I don't know what these versions are based on (Steam, itch, ...), but the .exe file differs from my Gamejolt version in two small sections, all the rest is equal. My best guess is that in these two sections the access to steam.dll or something similar happens, since I checked the file and my AV didn't find anything suspicious.

If you are unhappy with the download options, I suggest buying the game on itch.io or - if you get off on DRM, censorship and seprated DLCS - on Steam. It's not that expensive.

corona95

Feb 11, 2020
Any solution to an empty house? I see no NPC's and it looks as if the story is not loading properly? My folder at
C:\Users\USER\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories is empty and has no story but maybe this doesn't matter?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Any solution to an empty house? I see no NPC's and it looks as if the story is not loading properly? My folder at
C:\Users\USER\Documents\Eek\House Party\Mods\Stories is empty and has no story but maybe this doesn't matter?
If the game behaves like previous versions, it will download the current base story at startup. Most likely there is an old version that blocks it.
Delete the "Eek" directory (%userprofile%\Documents\Eek) completely, then also delete the game directory in appdata, I don't remember which one of these is the correct one that contains the game's cached files.
I think it's LocalLow, but don't quote me on that. It's easy to find out anyway.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Eek
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Eek
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Eek

corona95

Feb 11, 2020
If the game behaves like previous versions, it will download the current base story at startup. Most likely there is an old version that blocks it.
Delete the "Eek" directory (%userprofile%\Documents\Eek) completely, then also delete the game directory in appdata, I don't remember which one of these is the correct one that contains the game's cached files.
I think it's LocalLow, but don't quote me on that. It's easy to find out anyway.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Eek
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Eek
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Eek
I deleted the following folders
C:\Users\USER\Documents\Eek
C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\Eek

Disabled Windows Defender Firewall (got no additional firewalls or AV installed).
Launched game as administrator.

In game main menu under "which story would you like to play" I see ORIGINAL STORY only. I start new game and spawn facing the front door with empty house (NO NPC). :(

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I deleted the following folders
C:\Users\USER\Documents\Eek
C:\Users\USER\AppData\LocalLow\Eek

Disabled Windows Defender Firewall (got no additional firewalls or AV installed).
Launched game as administrator.

In game main menu under "which story would you like to play" I see ORIGINAL STORY only. I start new game and spawn facing the front door with empty house (NO NPC). :(
I'm afraid my wisdom finishes here. Try the official forum.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I checked now the downloads from all 4 sites and they are identical. The exe is also the same as my official one from Gamejolt.
Make an exception for the file in your AV and report it as false positive.

Spatches

Dec 10, 2017
Well, if you finish Frank's storyline, but stay his bro (no romance), he will tolerate you if you are getting the booze.
By tolerate, I mean getting negative relations and he nagging you any time you take it until relations get very low. Then he will attack as before.
Nice. It would be nice if you complete the bromance / romance with him you could convince him to pull the stick out of his ass though

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Question about upcoming female MC update. Can I flash my boobs and pussy or walking around naked? Will NPC have different reaction to female MC nakedness compared to male MC? I mean they are cheering for Stephanie dance topless so it should be the same for female MC, no?

Reactions: Akira-Chan

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
You can also go Rachaels route and ignore Vicky. That's the whole point of the game. Try different things.
Which is fine when it makes sense... which is not necessarily the case here.

I can see the reasoning behind locking Rachel content once Vicky show up considering the story behind it, but the reverse makes no sense. Especially since Rachel makes it clear she knew those texts came from MC and not from Vicky... so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to invite Vicky (or have Rachel invite her) once you complete Rachel's story arc.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Which is fine when it makes sense... which is not necessarily the case here.

I can see the reasoning behind locking Rachel content once Vicky show up considering the story behind it, but the reverse makes no sense. Especially since Rachel makes it clear she knew those texts came from MC and not from Vicky... so there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to invite Vicky (or have Rachel invite her) once you complete Rachel's story arc.
You can suggest a change to that story in the official forum, maybe they'll listen

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes