ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I get that still the whole concept is even if I do the beginning of Liz's DLC pre-Patrick's "death" Doja still on her side of the fence yet I know I used console previously for getting Madison's stuff done for Doja to get the invite perhaps I should do the actual tasks on her events to get triggers lol.
Yeah I have found that sometimes using the console at even seemingly the most innocuous of times can cause issues. The game is very dependent on things happening (or not happening) a certain way, and skipping stuff or cheating over something with the console can cause issues pretty easily.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
Yeah that command doesn't work if you disable the DLC. Which I had to do because it's so fucking broken. Do one thing out of sequence and the story doesn't progress.
I didn't have any issues. On top of that, and just like in previous HP fashion, there is more than one way to solve some objectives. The NPCs also give lots of clues and hints of what to do next, and there are not really many "roadblocks" for this new DLC other than shooing her away at the start. I feel like it's almost impossible to fail this DLC unless you are intentionally a dick to her.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah that command doesn't work if you disable the DLC. Which I had to do because it's so fucking broken. Do one thing out of sequence and the story doesn't progress.
Ah yeah that'd be a kick in the ass. Well advice is enable the DLC and in console as well EnableNPC "Liz Katz" first to see if it'll do so and have her get warped back to the house.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah I have found that sometimes using the console at even seemingly the most innocuous of times can cause issues. The game is very dependent on things happening (or not happening) a certain way, and skipping stuff or cheating over something with the console can cause issues pretty easily.
Yeah that's true I should've came to that conclusion as well give past games I've played where the console I ended up using on them was after I had gotten a majority of the content done as it should've been by the game coding.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I really want to like this game but the dev seems to have tried to please everyone and managed to do nothing. Even without cheating. Oh you missed this, now you can't do that. Oh you pissed her off. Now you can't progress that.
Model design grade A
model intimate interaction B
Story progression and side quest F--
I don't know if he was trying to emulate open world or trying to be Leo Tolstoy. Either way you end giving up and just using console commands to fuck or make them fuck. Which the shine wears off of in about 2 minutes

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Ah yeah that'd be a kick in the ass. Well advice is enable the DLC and in console as well EnableNPC "Liz Katz" first to see if it'll do so and have her get warped back to the house.
Have you tried any of these commands?
The enable command does tell you that you have enabled an NPC, albeit in bad English. Then try the warpto commands. I'll wait

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Have you tried any of these commands?
The enable command does tell you that you have enabled an NPC, albeit in bad English. Then try the warpto commands. I'll wait
I did them prior to even doing the DLC events lol worked for me not a problem however I've started a new game to see on getting both Doja and Liz in the house so I'm a bit mindfucked for which I should do on either start Liz's with her coming in or have her wait outside til I've done the steps for getting Doja in the house as both require Patrick to complete events.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I did them prior to even doing the DLC events lol worked for me not a problem however I've started a new game to see on getting both Doja and Liz in the house so I'm a bit mindfucked for which I should do on either start Liz's with her coming in or have her wait outside til I've done the steps for getting Doja in the house as both require Patrick to complete events.
The warpto command for liz katz does not work in any format try them, delete your house party files from documents. Download the version currently up here. When you enable liz then do the warpto. You warp to the bathroom or by the cactus in the living room. No Liz Katz. Works all day long on Vickie. But not Liz

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I really want to like this game but the dev seems to have tried to please everyone and managed to do nothing. Even without cheating. Oh you missed this, now you can't do that. Oh you pissed her off. Now you can't progress that.
Welcome to the world of adventures before LucasArts came along. Back then it was quite common to have dead ends or paths where the player could die. In Sierra games you could die by taking a wrong turn or - in Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Longue Lizasrds - not wearing a condom when visiting a hooker, that was quite a painful death.
LucasArts started doing things differently from the beginning, but with The Secret of Monkey Island they really pushed the agenda that there should be no dead ends or death in adventures, no matter what.

Mix that old style adventure approach with a dating sim and you get House Party.

Still ... I like their approach best, as they bring an adventure aspect to their game, not many others even try that.

Story design should be done with an appropriate engine however, I tried to create something in their own story creator and let me tell you it's a pain in the ass. But using an external tool is no option if you keep introducing and adding new stuff, where one action for the new paths can block actions for the old paths and vice versa.
If they ever would say: "This is as far as it goes, this is the final version", then they could do a complete quest redesign with a good adventure engine which can also test the script for dead locks and then recreate the story in their own engine.

Last edited:

Pedro121

Jun 4, 2017
i have everyone outside the house and i don't know how to let them come in again.... any helo plss
Open the door, dude.

In all seriousness, its much easier to use the console and type for example "amy warpto player" if you want them in specific areas.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Welcome to the world of adventures before LucasArts came along. Back then it was quite common to have dead ends or paths where the player could die. In Sierra games you could die by taking a wrong turn or - in Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Longue Lizasrds - not wearing a condom when visiting a hooker, that was quite a painful death.
LucasArts started doing things differently from the beginning, but with The Secret of Monkey Island they really pushed the agenda that there should be no dead ends or death in adventures, no matter what.

Mix that old style adventure approach with a dating sim and you get House Party.

Still ... I like their approach best, at they bring an adventure aspect to their game, not many others even try that.

Story design should be done with an appropriate engine however, I tried to create something in their own story creator and let me tell you it's a pain in the ass. But using an external tool is no option if you keep introducing and adding new stuff, where one action for the new paths can block actions for the old paths and vice versa.
If they ever would say: "This is as far as it goes, this is the final version", then they could do a complete quest redesign with a good adventure engine which can also test the script for dead locks and then recreate the story in their own engine.
Spare me I carbon date back to Zork dude
A properly coded and choreographed game does NOT have this many dead ends. This game is broke as fuck. You are just experiencing Stockholm syndrome from all of the bullshit excuses you have been eating for this long.

Too many missions in this game are overlapping on multiple other characters. Which is useless except to generate a false "Well Try again" attitude.

Stop apologizing for someone else bad code

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
A properly coded and choreographed game does NOT have this many dead ends. This game is broke as fuck. You are just experiencing Stockholm syndrome from all of the bullshit excuses you have been eating for this long.

Too many missions in this game are overlapping on multiple other characters. Which is useless except to generate a false "Well Try again" attitude.

Maybe don't forget to take your pills next time before answering.
The game isn't perfect, they obviously miss the experience to create a multi path adventure game. And the tools they are using do not make the situation any better. But I love the game for their will to try that.

One can't say "this is worse/better than game XY", because there is no second game like house party. It's unique, no one else tried to create a game like this. Even if we strip the adult content, you would have to go back very far in time to find something similar, maybe except for the AIF text adventures from ~20 years ago, "Moist" was great and still beats most modern games if one still has his immagination intact and does not need graphics.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWindsOfChange
May 25, 2019

Tell me you don't fundamentally understand the premise of the game, without telling me you fundamentally don't understand the premise of the game.

Reactions: TheWindsOfChange

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
The warpto command for liz katz does not work in any format try them, delete your house party files from documents. Download the version currently up here. When you enable liz then do the warpto. You warp to the bathroom or by the cactus in the living room. No Liz Katz. Works all day long on Vickie. But not Liz
Yeah the codes for liz work obviously you're not putting liz's name in between quotation marks like it has to be for any character with two names for example "Doja Cat". I've got Amala, Doja and Liz to warp back to the house after completing their DLC events.

HBKTheIcon69

Dec 25, 2018
Not sure why but my game keeps suddenly having the walk speed super slow.
I fully get that happening for my game as well especially if I was spending a fair amount of time grinding at the achievements. I don't really have a fix on that as once in a while it kicked back in on its own or took me making a save, closing out of the game then opening it up again etc. It's a bit of a pain in the ass especially on older PCs/laptops that barely make the minimum performance requirements.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes