DepL4N

Mar 21, 2020
Did you block it in your firewall? I think it needs to pull some data at startup (like the list of downloadable custom stories), at least it used to in early versions.
No, I allowed both public and private connections through firewall, and still nothing changed

tdb0013

Aug 20, 2019
Is it just me or does this version not work? I downloaded the game try to start it and it doesn't even go to the begin menu. It loads and then quits. What to do?

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
What's with the "completed" tag? There is about as good a chance of me waking up tomorrow morning to a naked Emily Ratajkowski sitting under my tree as there is Eek actually pulling the plug on House Party development.

No money to be had moving on to what essentially amounts to vaporware. That was the case 3 years ago, that will be the case tomorrow, and that will still be the case the next couple of years every time this thread gets bumped.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KingArthur101

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Be aware that devs released a bunch of hotfixes for the Steam version (not sure if versions for other retailers were updated). So whatever is shared here may already be outdated or have bugs that were fixed.

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
What's with the "completed" tag? There is about as good a chance of me waking up tomorrow morning to a naked Emily Ratajkowski sitting under my tree as there is Eek actually pulling the plug on House Party development.

No money to be had moving on to what essentially amounts to vaporware. That was the case 3 years ago, that will be the case tomorrow, and that will still be the case the next couple of years every time this thread gets bumped.
I believe a year or farther back, they said they're working on a new game that isn't stuck entirely in a single location over a single night. Or single location but over different days? I forget, it's on their forums. Anyhow, it is a good idea if they want users to mod as I wasn't quite a fan of this gameplay nor the story. I found that suitcase and was hoping to god it was a nuke so I could win the game. So I had the same thought of "wtf? now what?" when I seen this updated. But I seen in the changelog that they updated to a newer version of unity. So either they are trying to learn what does/doesn't work by swapping versions using their old game's code to learn and sharing the result with people. Or they're trying to make it work because they want to make their next game using the old one as a base but probably switching out assets like the location.

Either way, that's most likely the reason this is happening and them sharing is probably to raise money and also learn or copy & pasting code for the next game while fixing it. I don't see it as either good nor bad regardless of kindness or greed being the leading factor in this.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I believe a year or farther back, they said they're working on a new game that isn't stuck entirely in a single location over a single night.
It was a lot further back then just 1 year. That was the vaporware i was referring to. Other then some bs short clip and a few stills that was feed up to keep the Patreon crowd quiet there is no actual Office Party game in development. Nor has there ever even been any substantiated indication there is an actual plan to even start. We just have a completely hollowed out surface claim made years ago at this point.

My general guess for the constant change in direction, and the different tweaking pre-existing code approaches they made to keep the game alive, probably boils down to having lost a chunk of the orginal dev team who have moved on from the company.

I've had fun for the last 2 hours playing around with this character customizer plays (I have it on Steam). Like I implied earlier though imo the too extremely limited options on the clothing assets is really holding that back from being so much better and more interesting. Combine that with more detailed face/body tweaks and i could lost in that stuff for days.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
It was a lot further back then just 1 year. That was the vaporware i was referring to. Other then some bs short clip and a few stills that was feed up to keep the Patreon crowd quiet there is no actual Office Party game in development. Nor has there ever even been any substantiated indication there is an actual plan to even start. We just have a completely hollowed out surface claim made years ago at this point.

My general guess for the constant change in direction, and the different tweaking pre-existing code approaches they made to keep the game alive, probably boils down to having lost a chunk of the orginal dev team who have moved on from the company.

I've had fun for the last 2 hours playing around with this character customizer plays (I have it on Steam). Like I implied earlier though imo the too extremely limited options on the clothing assets is really holding that back from being so much better and more interesting. Combine that with more detailed face/body tweaks and i could lost in that stuff for days.
Question is: does it matter?
I payed for House Party, once in a while they bring some feature update like the customization.
They release some payed story DLCs like everyone else does, also fine.

Office party may or may not be on it's way, that does not make House Party a better or worse game.

TotalCritter

Dec 3, 2019
my game just crashes at start up wtf? Did I just fuck up something or did they suddenly fucked up something?

Deleted Eek folder too though on documents and locallow. Any help? Or maybe I should wait until this update's finally fixed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Miranda0

p22

Jun 21, 2017
But I seen in the changelog that they updated to a newer version of unity. So either they are trying to learn what does/doesn't work by swapping versions using their old game's code to learn and sharing the result with people. Or they're trying to make it work because they want to make their next game using the old one as a base but probably switching out assets like the location.
Yes, both of these look like good theories.

3.60 star(s) 64 Votes