Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Rixxa was super adorable and Shally is awesome.

I do have a hunch hat he's going to end up being from that world though.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I think a sandbox would be fine, as long as there is a system to show the player where are scenes left. And obviously as long as the sandbox is used to let the player choose where they want to continue next without the need of stat grinding. And a good place to implement such a system could be obviously when the MC returned home and also knows how to travel between these two worlds. I doubt anyone would be angry with such a system. But as I said, it needs to have hints, that tells the players how much is left to do and as long as it's not a bunch of empty rooms/places with nothing to do.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I think a sandbox would be fine, as long as there is a system to show the player where are scenes left. And obviously as long as the sandbox is used to let the player choose where they want to continue next without the need of stat grinding. And a good place to implement such a system could be obviously when the MC returned home and also knows how to travel between these two worlds. I doubt anyone would be angry with such a system. But as I said, it needs to have hints, that tells the players how much is left to do and as long as it's not a bunch of empty rooms/places with nothing to do.
or not
Vn type is way better...

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
HIBAH chapter 5 is now public.

I hope you will enjoy it. Just one thing, after playing it, we would like to know your opinion.

Any feedback from you is crucial for us.

Thank you, see you soon

HIBAH CH5 WIN

HIBAH CH5 MAC

HIBAH CH5 ANDROID
This was a very enjoyable episode, although a bit tense towards the end (without spoiling too much). I assume this is building up to going back to "real earth" in episode 6? Or are you planning for this in a later episode than that?

Also, a bit of a bug (tiny one, depending on how you see it):

The character is named "Shanala" in the dialogue headings, but when adressing her or mentioning her, she is named "Shalana" or "Shally" in the latest episode (I haven't bothered to check earlier episodes yet).

I can "correct" this myself changing line 70 in script.rpy from this:
Code:
define sha = Character('Shanala', color="#efc22d",who_outlines=[(absolute(2),"#101010",absolute(0),absolute(0))])
to this:
Code:
define sha = Character('Shalana', color="#efc22d",who_outlines=[(absolute(2),"#101010",absolute(0),absolute(0))])
This should have a more "permanent" fix, though (as in, corrected for future releases).

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Hard to play, or not need walkthrough for the right choices?
A walkthrough isn't necessary, and the choices are somewhat obvious (as the type of "I want to see this" or "I don't want to see this"). It's also easier to follow now that the dev changed it from sandbox/freeroam to pure linear VN.

Short version of choices: Be friendly with those who are friendly (or scared of you). If you want to be involved with a girl/woman, just be nice, hang out with them (stay with them when they ask you to), and choose the affection option whenever possible (kiss/handjob/blowjob/whatever).

Reactions: swewolf and astabro

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
thinking about trying this one, but how is MC here? judging by the title pic and screens it's some barely teen kid, is it another "whiny kid with horse dick and pussy magnet" situation here or it's not so bad?

Kuggazer

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
This was a very enjoyable episode, although a bit tense towards the end (without spoiling too much). I assume this is building up to going back to "real earth" in episode 6? Or are you planning for this in a later episode than that?

Also, a bit of a bug (tiny one, depending on how you see it):

The character is named "Shanala" in the dialogue headings, but when adressing her or mentioning her, she is named "Shalana" or "Shally" in the latest episode (I haven't bothered to check earlier episodes yet).

I can "correct" this myself changing line 70 in script.rpy from this:
Code:
define sha = Character('Shanala', color="#efc22d",who_outlines=[(absolute(2),"#101010",absolute(0),absolute(0))])
to this:
Code:
define sha = Character('Shalana', color="#efc22d",who_outlines=[(absolute(2),"#101010",absolute(0),absolute(0))])
This should have a more "permanent" fix, though (as in, corrected for future releases).
Thank you very much, I did not realise this mistake. I have to check previous versions too, but her name must be Shalana. If it is also wrong in previous episodes, I will fix it.

However, yes, our plan is to have Mc return to his world at the end of Chapter 6.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Xeron_Xr

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
or not
Vn type is way better...
Yea, agreed. VN's are pretty much always better than sandbox. I rather not waste a bunch of time clicking around or have to follow some dumb in-game guide to progress. Most of em have messy stories with continuity errors.
Normally I agree, I do prefer the normal VN style more, too. But here it is the question how to combine the possibility to switch between the two worlds and let the player make the decision, in which world he wants to progress the story with each LI. Would you really prefer a choice menu with 10+ choices, that asks you where you want to progress next? I would feel overwhelmed. Also, there are quite good examples out there, where the location has e.g. a exclamation mark to show the player "hey, here is something for you". Then you don't have to click aimlessly. I have rather this as system, then being overwhelmed with choices, that confuses me more, than it helps after a couple of months between updates. But as I said, without the grind obviously.

But in the end it's your opinion, and I won't try to change that. I'm at least able to give an idea and be open minded to some degree.

PS: Thanks for the facepalm reaction. I like it, when my like counter goes up, thanks to them.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Yea, agreed. VN's are pretty much always better than sandbox. I rather not waste a bunch of time clicking around or have to follow some dumb in-game guide to progress. Most of em have messy stories with continuity errors.
Sandbox/free-roam can work, though, if it's done right.

Technologically, Kuggazer did a lot right when HIBAH was sandbox/free-roam, but the quests/tasks were rather linear, so story-wise, it ultimately made more sense to change it to VN.

For sandbox/free-roam to work, there needs to be parallel story lines and/or quests, a proper hint system (suggesting where to go and/or what to do), and not require a lot of grinding to make progress.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not easy to make a game with sandbox/free-roam, so unless it's done right, it's going to overshadow everything else.

But, to reiterate, it can work, if done right.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Sandbox/free-roam can work, though, if it's done right.

Technologically, Kuggazer did a lot right when HIBAH was sandbox/free-roam, but the quests/tasks were rather linear, so story-wise, it ultimately made more sense to change it to VN.

For sandbox/free-roam to work, there needs to be parallel story lines and/or quests, a proper hint system (suggesting where to go and/or what to do), and not require a lot of grinding to make progress.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not easy to make a game with sandbox/free-roam, so unless it's done right, it's going to overshadow everything else.

But, to reiterate, it can work, if done right.
Yea. I agree with you that sandbox games can work if done right. The problem is most aren't. I've played a lot of em. Going VN would have made pretty much all of the sandbox games I've played more immersive & just... well more fun to play.

Look at V.I.R.T.U.E.S for example. Players have to waste time clicking around in a sandbox to find girls at specific times of day to grind affection points to progress their stories. Why? You get immersed in a girl's story, then the game kicks you back into the sandbox when the scenes done. Why? If it was a VN it could get straight to the point and keep the content coming without interruptions. V.I.R.T.U.E.S could have been so much better.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is this a kinetic novel now? Last time I played this was before the update with the broken map and the game was a sandbox, and I think gave you choices in various interactions. Now the sandbox is gone and there are no options at all so far as I've played, I just paid off the debt.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is this a kinetic novel now? Last time I played this was before the update with the broken map and the game was a sandbox, and I think gave you choices in various interactions. Now the sandbox is gone and there are no options at all so far as I've played, I just paid off the debt.
Glad to see the choices return starting Chapter 4.

Chapter 4 and 5 are amazing, love the Giantess and the Goblin. Delighted we'll be able to see more of them again.

As for the last choice given of Chapter 5, I hope saying "I Love You" won't have a negative effect on building the harem and loving all the other girls. I don't think it will, but considering how the other option was equally devoted but not involving love I'm a little worried.

What's the point in being able to build a harem if you can't share your love equally among them?

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Normally I agree, I do prefer the normal VN style more, too. But here it is the question how to combine the possibility to switch between the two worlds and let the player make the decision, in which world he wants to progress the story with each LI. Would you really prefer a choice menu with 10+ choices, that asks you where you want to progress next? I would feel overwhelmed. Also, there are quite good examples out there, where the location has e.g. a exclamation mark to show the player "hey, here is something for you". Then you don't have to click aimlessly. I have rather this as system, then being overwhelmed with choices, that confuses me more, than it helps after a couple of months between updates. But as I said, without the grind obviously.

But in the end it's your opinion, and I won't try to change that. I'm at least able to give an idea and be open minded to some degree.

PS: Thanks for the facepalm reaction. I like it, when my like counter goes up, thanks to them.
or or he could walk through worlds when he wanted , not when we wanted.
Sandbox does nothing besides add more time playing the game, thing is it's not story time or scenes or anything like that, it's just wasted time to look through every location and so on.. it's unnecessary (in my opinion)
VN types are better.

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
Nothing wrong with a sandbox. As someone alluded to above, the problems arise when there is a time element involved i.e. you have to complete task/quest X by a certain time or find someone by the certain time of day. Leave that out and it works very well. IMO players who are complaining about it adding more time or it making the game confusing should not play ANY open world game with world maps since those are technically/essentially sandbox as well.

Btw Kuggazer the Daughters of the Night look almighty interesting, especially Asterid. Hope we get to see them again; I like werewolves.

khaelin02

Nov 30, 2017
I really liked Rixxa, she's so cute. I hope to see more of her in the future. Wished that we could visited her again before the end of this update. I also really like the music, it fits her really well, I'm glad she's free.
I hope Rixxa can meet the others someday, maybe Ethan will stand up for her if they try to kick her out of town.

I like how the story makes races mistrustful of certain ones, but in the end they're all people, just living their lives. Also like Ethan's new outfit after a certain event.

Last edited:

Rundmck

Sep 5, 2019
Played till the latest chapter. Now that it's come up in conversation with Miriel, will there be pregnancy before the epilogue?

Reactions: S1nsational
4.10 star(s) 52 Votes