VN Ren'Py How I Became the Bodyguard of the Saintess! [v0.6] [Lunardis]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Let’s talk about Angelica chapter 5 released, and what’s to come after

I have to admit, I wasn't sure whether I was going to do this report this time. Most of the information I could give about the last chapter has already been given in the previous progress update. And I didn't want to say too much about the next chapter I’m currently working on, as I think it's best to let people find out what I have in mind. However, it was customary for me to take a little time to talk about my impressions of the last published chapter, and what's to come, and it annoyed me to skip that part.

With the next chapter progressing, there comes a time when I have to give news soon, and so I had to decide whether to do my usual recap first, or skip it. In the end, even though I don't feel I have much to say, I still chose to take the time to talk about it.

About chapter 5 Angelica story.

So it was finally time for a real sex scene. Not a dream this time. And with our main heroine. I really hope you liked it? There's probably room for improvement. I'm still a young developer after all. But for now, I'm happy with the result.

Angelica's route is the only one to interrupt the main plot for an entire chapter to advance the romantic part. That's because, unlike the others, her relationship with our MC is rather complicated. Between the fact that the Saintess is forbidden to have any relationship, the curse, the dream etc... our characters had a lot to deal with.

We have a new character introduced in this chapter. A previous Saintess calling herself One. She’s a very important figure in this world, almost a legend. It's difficult to go into her background, she's not the main heroine of this story after all. However, I'll try to give a glimpse of the importance of her character.

About next chapter: Melope chapter 5 story

Melope won the pole, which means that the next chapter will be centered on her. Again, I don't want to give away too much information. Melope's story will be very different from Angelica's. To give a few (minors) examples, her reaction after the dream will not be the same as Angelica's.

Ophelia Blackstorm will also be very active in this route. She's the main villain, and you'll get a clear idea of how cunning she can be.

The relationship between Melope and Ophelia will also have some focus. Both are Cursed Witches and both know what it's like to be discriminated since their birth. This will play a role in Melope's story.

That’s all for me. I’ll give some news concerning my progress for the next chapter soon!

See you everyone!

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020

I have to admit, I wasn't sure whether I was going to do this report this time. Most of the information I could give about the last chapter has already been given in the previous progress update. And I didn't want to say too much about the next chapter I’m currently working on, as I think it's best to let people find out what I have in mind. However, it was customary for me to take a little time to talk about my impressions of the last published chapter, and what's to come, and it annoyed me to skip that part.

With the next chapter progressing, there comes a time when I have to give news soon, and so I had to decide whether to do my usual recap first, or skip it. In the end, even though I don't feel I have much to say, I still chose to take the time to talk about it.

So it was finally time for a real sex scene. Not a dream this time. And with our main heroine. I really hope you liked it? There's probably room for improvement. I'm still a young developer after all. But for now, I'm happy with the result.

Angelica's route is the only one to interrupt the main plot for an entire chapter to advance the romantic part. That's because, unlike the others, her relationship with our MC is rather complicated. Between the fact that the Saintess is forbidden to have any relationship, the curse, the dream etc... our characters had a lot to deal with.

We have a new character introduced in this chapter. A previous Saintess calling herself One. She’s a very important figure in this world, almost a legend. It's difficult to go into her background, she's not the main heroine of this story after all. However, I'll try to give a glimpse of the importance of her character.

Melope won the pole, which means that the next chapter will be centered on her. Again, I don't want to give away too much information. Melope's story will be very different from Angelica's. To give a few (minors) examples, her reaction after the dream will not be the same as Angelica's.

Ophelia Blackstorm will also be very active in this route. She's the main villain, and you'll get a clear idea of how cunning she can be.

The relationship between Melope and Ophelia will also have some focus. Both are Cursed Witches and both know what it's like to be discriminated since their birth. This will play a role in Melope's story.

That’s all for me. I’ll give some news concerning my progress for the next chapter soon!

See you everyone!

So, this pretty much confirm all their routes and main villains already...
Angelica: Ancient monster as main villain
Melope: Ophelia as main villain
Princess: Swordsman as main villain
Theresa: The lightning boy (forgot the name lol) as main villain

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I'm glad that Melope won the poll. As much as I love Angelica I was slightly concerned that as the main heroine and incest roomate character that she was just gonna win every single poll until her story finished :whistle:
Melope is a very close second favourite for me after Angelica and tbh even though she's my second favourite I've been more excited for her story than Angelica's

Reactions: Shadowen
Oct 13, 2023

See you everyone!
Any estimate for when the update is coming?

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Any estimate for when the update is coming?
I never give ETAs, I suck too much to estimate. But I will give some information about my current progress. Which makes me think I really should have done it already. It's on for tomorrow!

Reactions: Shadowen

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
V0.6 progress status

Avancement 0.6V1.png

Hello everyone,

It's time to talk about the next version. As you can see, it's coming along, but there's still a lot to do. It took me longer than usual to write the script. The reason: for the previous chapters, I was able to write some parts at my work. This time, due to certain circumstances, I wasn't able to. It's specific to this period, I shouldn't have this problem afterwards, but yes, it had an impact on the first part of the development of this version.

Anyway, the script is finished and I've started the graphics parts. This is by far the longest part of this development. The animation part, for example, should be shorter than the previous chapter with Angie.
What else can I add? There's a lot of humor at the beginning of this chapter. I think that will counterbalance the ending, which is a bit darker.

And you get to see a new outfit for Melope. It's a bit... special, you'll see.

That's all from me. See you soon.

Oct 13, 2023
V0.6 progress status

View attachment 3011430

Hello everyone,

It's time to talk about the next version. As you can see, it's coming along, but there's still a lot to do. It took me longer than usual to write the script. The reason: for the previous chapters, I was able to write some parts at my work. This time, due to certain circumstances, I wasn't able to. It's specific to this period, I shouldn't have this problem afterwards, but yes, it had an impact on the first part of the development of this version.

Anyway, the script is finished and I've started the graphics parts. This is by far the longest part of this development. The animation part, for example, should be shorter than the previous chapter with Angie.
What else can I add? There's a lot of humor at the beginning of this chapter. I think that will counterbalance the ending, which is a bit darker.

And you get to see a new outfit for Melope. It's a bit... special, you'll see.

That's all from me. See you soon.
So its correct to assume that the update is def not coming in the next month or two right?

Im not asking to pressure you, im just asking to see whether now is a good time to play the game or not..

zktrent1608

Jun 3, 2021
hi lunardis i would like to say that your game is awesome ( but in the begining is just a pure story without naughty things but it starts so it's pointless to say ) and good luck with the rest of your story
ps: i love to hate the prime minister but i would really like to destroy her ( in hope it will be the case but only you know if it will be )
bye and good day to you

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
ps: i love to hate the prime minister but i would really like to destroy her ( in hope it will be the case but only you know if it will be )
bye and good day to you
I know I've said it before, but I 100% agree. I also know from what Lunardis has said, they didn't expect ppl to react with such hate to the PM as has happened.

I'll be honest, if I was given the option "Solve issue diplomatically" vs "Draw your sword and lop PM's head off in 1 smooth motion"... I'd 100% lop the PM's head off.

Seriously, as this point if I was the MC... I'd ensure I always had a sword on hand... so next time the PM makes an appearance, I could just lop her head off before anyone could stop me. Make the attack sudden enough - wait till she inevitably wants to come and threaten me yet again, and then *WHOOSH goes her head*, and even if the Knights, Saintess, etc wanted to stop me... they'd not be in time.

I'm also looking forward to Melope's chapter. I was afraid that we'd just get Saintess, Saintess, Saintess till her story completely done and dusted. As much as I like the Saintess and the whole dynamic between her and the MC, the politics with the PM, etc... I want to see other characters get some highlight and story time.

6joker6

Jun 25, 2019
1701901163165.png

V0.6 progress status

Hello,
Here's another update on my progress. The last few weeks have been spent editing and adding the music, and as you can see, it's done. I've also been working on the animation part. And there's good progress on that side too.
So, what's next? Well, I have to work on the last part of the chapter. There aren't many scenes, but some of them are really important to me, so I'll really try to do something good.
And after that? Well you guys will finally see the first part of Melope story!
That's it for me. See you soon!

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
Game news: Harem ending added to my plan

CharaStudio-2023-12-27-16-22-00-Render.png
Hello everyone,

As a Christmas present, I've finally decided to add the harem tag to this game. Many of you asked for this, so here we are.
Yes, you understand it correctly, there will be a harem ending in “How I became the bodyguard of the Saintess!”.

But first, there are a few things I need to clarify.

The story I have in mind will not be altered in any way. There will be four distinct paths, one for each heroine, with four different endings.
Here's what's new: once each path has been completed, there will be an additional ending, which will be a harem one, with our four heroines together with the MC.

I expect some people to be surprised. I've always said that a harem path didn't fit the story and the characters. So what's changed?

Well, to put it simply, I've managed to find a way to add it without betraying the story. The ending I have in mind brings the possibility of a harem while still fitting the character's motivation and personality. Plus, I feel it's something that would be fun to write and create. And I hope fun to read for you, guys.

How will I do it? Will the result be good enough? Spoiler, I can’t say anything, you will have to trust me on this one.

One thing I can say, this harem ending will be optional, so people who want our MC to have a relationship only with their favorite girl will get what they want. You'll be able to choose whether the game ends with a harem or not. That way, I hope everyone will be happy.

That’s all for me. I’ll give some news about the next release soon; things are progressing nicely!

See you!

Last edited:

Gtdead

Jul 13, 2021
This game has a lot of charm. Despite some broken english, especially in the earlier chapters, the writing is very good.

- Excellent Characterization. It certainly follows tropes and can be overly dramatic at times, but the character concepts are interesting and very consistent with their backrgounds,
- Very well-crafted highs and lows. The dev uses a lot of foreshadowing to create tension, which he breaks in very amusing ways.
- The MC is a gem. It's a rare take on the underachiever trope. He is very matter-of-fact, very secure to his self-appointed station/role and very mature.
- The setting is interesting and the mythology seems fairly straightforward. The society is a bit odd though and I can't quite understand the cause-effect relationships, especially when it comes to prime-minister and the behavior of the exceptionally powerful figures.
- The action scenes are numerous, detailed and have a lot of impact.
- I quite like how the erotic content progresses. Currently only the Saintess route has content and it's filled with love and passion. It doesn't take too much time to progress to actual sex. Vanilla as far as kinks go but I guess it's too early for that. Perhaps we will get more down the line.

Also that spellcast-disrupting headslap is absolute genius. Cracks me up everytime I see it.
My favorite girl has to be Melope. I like her backstory, her attitude and the skull-shaped hairclip is awesome. Saintess is a close second.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes