Jan 23, 2019
Edit: Updated for 0.2.2

I've made walkthrough/cheats mod for this game
Note: cheats currently don't work correctly, will fix it later

Installation:
  1. Use unren to extract rpa packages
  2. Extract the mod to your How to fix the Future folder
Download: MEGA
scrappy Opened rpa, replaced things with your mod, but game ends before last update.

DementedMan

Mar 6, 2019

Installation:
With your mod, the language suddenly changes from English to Russian in the middle of the game, even though English is set. That doesn't happen without the mod. Did I do something wrong?

Sovenock

Jan 23, 2019
scrappy Opened rpa, replaced things with your mod, but game ends before last update.
Ok, not sure why BUT if play into fresh update without mod, save here, install mod and load that save everything works fine. But still if I start a new game with mod I get booted out at the previous update final scene. (still a bit concerned about my own "golden" hands)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodrigoofb

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Ok, not sure why BUT if play into fresh update without mod, save here, install mod and load that save everything works fine. But still if I start a new game with mod I get booted out at the previous update final scene. (still a bit concerned about my own "golden" hands)
At least it's nice to have a temporary fix to this problem, so thanks.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah the mod is defiantly breaking the game. Have the same language issue. Works without the mod but messes up with it.

Balthasar-Gelt

Aug 5, 2021

Installation:
scrappy Thanks for the update.
I found some errors when I play the last scene in the gallery:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4107, in script
    mc "Umm… Well, if you put it that way… I guess so… Are you sure though? This doesn’t seem normal..."
KeyError: u'pname'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4107, in script
    mc "Umm… Well, if you put it that way… I guess so… Are you sure though? This doesn’t seem normal..."
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1204, in __call__
    who = self.prefix_suffix("who", self.who_prefix, who, self.who_suffix)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1125, in prefix_suffix
    return (sub(prefix) + sub(body) + sub(suffix))
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1105, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
How To Fix The Future 0.2.2
Wed Nov 24 12:37:44 2021
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4125, in script
    mc "(Not like I wanted to go on a date with her, but okay. If she truly wants it, then I can do this.)"

Full traceback:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4125, in script
    mc "(Not like I wanted to go on a date with her, but okay. If she truly wants it, then I can do this.)"
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
Wed Nov 24 12:37:55 2021
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4131, in script
    mc "(*Argh*) Okay... Thank you, Madam Octavia."

Full traceback:
  File "game/tl/english/scripts/chapter1/1_phoenix_academy/ch1_sc21_octaviapenthouse.rpy", line 4131, in script
    mc "(*Argh*) Okay... Thank you, Madam Octavia."

Windows-10-10.0.18362
Ren'Py 7.4.5.1648
Wed Nov 24 12:38:01 2021

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Saw what appears to be a young / alternate Sage model so I was hopeful. Then the game turned my guy into a Russian Jedi or something, and he got his ass handed to him. While he had a lightsaber. This is Free Guy all over again. Except more Russian.

Jun 11, 2020
The art is great but the story telling and sex scene need much improvement. At least now from the story, the dev is aware how ridiculous Octavia trying to Dom everyone is. Heading towards right direction. I don't mind if theres no spicy scene provided there is hearty story update. This update is not very long but still enough content to make you want to come back for more. Hope it stays that way
Hard to take any story serious knowing that there's a crisis going on but the leader is to busy trying to get her rocks off.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017

Installation:
played the new update fine then waited on your mod, just because. Soon as I installed the mod and tried runnin the game I got an error log in notepad, tried again and the game loaded but would not load any save games. It was a fresh install of the game too, no previous versions of the mod

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Saw what appears to be a young / alternate Sage model so I was hopeful. Then the game turned my guy into a Russian Jedi or something, and he got his ass handed to him. While he had a lightsaber. This is Free Guy all over again. Except more Russian.
So it's not only me to think about Sage:)

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Yesterday I tried the game for the first time, so no saves at all. Installed the mod like I'd do with most games and it crashed instantly to desktop with notepad errors. Without the mod you can start a new game, then save it. Load up the saved game with the mod installed and play. except now you'll end up with the game switching to Russian at some point.
played the new update fine then waited on your mod, just because. Soon as I installed the mod and tried runnin the game I got an error log in notepad, tried again and the game loaded but would not load any save games. It was a fresh install of the game too, no previous versions of the mod
Did you guys install the mod correctly? Like did you guys use unren (https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/)to extract rpa packages and then install the mod? I got it working first try so you must have installed it wrong or something.

4.30 star(s) 61 Votes