EverCursed

May 2, 2019
I hope you're right. But then again... how come some games are only for pc then, like Koikatu for example?
Because depending on design decisions during development, it may be easy or difficult to make a game cross platform.

Also making a game like Koikatsu (which is made in Unity) is vastly more difficult than a Ren'Py game. Python is "cross-platform" by default, so it will be as simple as it's ever going to get.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Because depending on design decisions during development, it may be easy or difficult to make a game cross platform.

Also making a game like Koikatsu (which is made in Unity) is vastly more difficult than a Ren'Py game. Python is "cross-platform" by default, so it will be as simple as it's ever going to get.
Unity is cross platform. It's not as easy to make a Mac version from the Windows dev environment as it is with Ren'Py (or vice versa), but it's still pretty easy.

Really, the only reason that we don't see Mac/Linux versions of all Ren'Py or Unity games is either developer ignorance or laziness.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Or cause don't worth it :p
It is LITERALLY click a checkbox when you build the game. Which you know, but there are some...special...folks out there who think the system wars are still going on, and don't want to get any icky Mac or Linux on themselves.

Reactions: Nightstar

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
TK 8000 posted on June 17th
About upcoming releases
1.png
Hi!
The next version of HS Tutor should be ready on June 20th. Immediately after that I will return to Solvalley.
In HS Tutor, the new content is more focused on Claire and her mother. I also want to make the Mila and Zoe's events from 0.5.5 replayable. In addition, the sex gallery will finally be functional, with scenes separated by characters. So anyone who wants to review the old scenes does not have to start a new save.
At Solvalley, I'm going to focus on Ruzena and Shibuya. Other girls that I'm likely to add content are Verdi, Suki (the new teacher) and Alanna & Mary.
I still do not know exactly when I'm going to do Solvalley's new update. Maybe I'll try to do something already on June 30th with only a few things, and then keep working in July to get more content.
Soon more information!
Bye!

TK 8000 posted on June 20th
Just a quick note ...
Hey guys!
I'm working hard to try to keep my promise of the update today (20th), here what I intend to do and the progress of each thing:
1. (99%) Visit to Claire's bedroom at night
2. (90%) Second visit to Claire's bedroom (blowjob)
3. (90%) Locker room at school in the morning with Claire (blowjob)
4. (90%) Locker room at school in the morning with Claire again (bj optional + sex)
5. (25%) Sleeping in Claire's house (choose Claire or Helena to have "hidden" sex)
6. (0%) Sex with Helena at her house at night whenever you want
7. (0%) Sex with Claire at her house at night whenever you want
8. (0%) Blowjob with Mila whenever you want (room at night)
9. (0%) Sex with Mila whenever you want (room at night)
10. (0%) Sex with Zoe whenever you want
Since it will be impossible to do everything, I want to at least up to the item 7 in the next 24 hours. It's going to be an almost impossible mission, but I want to try. If I can do it, I'll put the new version without the repeatable scenes with Mila and Zoe.

Now the problem...
I made a mistake in early June that cost me almost 1 week of work. But the week was not totally lost because I took advantage of this time to fix a few things in the script, improve several of Zoe's, Mila's and Claire's old scene lines and fix the sex gallery. Anyway, that delayed my original schedule a bit.
The real problem is that I have a family engagement that goes from the 21st to the 23rd and if I can't finish HS Tutor today, I'll only be able to go back to work on the 24th!!
So I'm thinking of maybe using the rest of this month for HS Tutor and doing the version with everything I want (that 10 scenes) and the most decent way possible. Since I have not updated Solvalley for some time, I would dedicate all of July to this game.
What do you think?

One more thing...
My last updates were:
25-February: Solvalley 0.13.0
30- March: HS Tutor 0.5.0
10-May: Solvalley 0.14.0
18-May: House Arrest 2.0
01-June: HS Tutor 0.5.5 "preview"
I'm feeling like I'm not meeting expectations for the updates. My old patrons must remember that Solvalley took a maximum of one month and it always came with a LOT of content. Now my updates are taking longer and their content is getting smaller (though I'm spending more time to improve writing, images, and animations).
I'd like to know what is your honest opinion. Are you satisfied with the time it takes me to do things?

Thank you!

Reactions: genthrow

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Dunno about the rest here but im willing to wait till all 10 points for HS Tutor are finished. It can be done on 25th or even 30th for all i care. The update without "sex on demand" with Mila is no update at all... ;)

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
Take your time, don't feel rushed by the deadline, we'll be more thankful for a more "full" update that meets your own standards, than something cut short to get it out a few days earlier.

You are doing a good job here, keep it up!

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
To TK 8000 .
At first I disappoint that you can't meet the dead line and then I saw no new Mila content ( only old scene but repeatable ) well you can extent release date as long as you need but please at lease 1 new scene for Mila. that all I want.

Also remember Shigeru Miyamoto's words "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad " please take all the time you need. how do you make fun game if you not having fun making it. rushing is not fun.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
TK8000 on the topic of time taken vs content - why do new updates take more time for less content? You may want to consider how the extra time you're taking is being spent, and perhaps hire help for aspects of the game which take a while for you. After all, if you're average earnings for an hour spent coding for example is more than someone else would charge to do it, you're actually losing money by doing it yourself. Consider this.

On a personal note, the only grievance I've ever had with solvalley is sarah looked much better in her introduction scene (perhaps due to good lighting?) but after that she gained the most prominent ribs in the world and we never got to do anything outside with her again. (It's no coincidence most of solvalley's best looking scenes are outside - for example Milena on the roof).

Just keep doing what makes you happy, your games are funny and have good updates!

Dec 29, 2018
So I'm a bit confused. When will be the latest amount of time for HS Tutor 0.6.0 to come out? I know that he's busy with stuff from the 21st-23rd so I assume the 1st of July or even later? If anyone has a rough estimate let me know. Thanks a lot!

Zonobert

Jul 19, 2017
If you're reading this, TK8000 - the time you're taking doesn't bother me. What WOULD bother me is if you put out an update and the new content didn't feel like I expect. Your games are among the funniest and hottest on this entire site, and I'd rather get nothing for a while if it meant keeping that quality up. As I've said before, I believe that you must consider your mental health in order to have fun writing, and thus write fun content. Most of us just replay our favourite 2-3 games over and over anyway for years, just like with music and movies... that's what'll get you longterm support, not frequency.

kπ!$

Apr 18, 2018
What's the prerequisite for Mila dildo event.
Already checked her when she get almost caught. Now she is half naked and just tells me to leave

Reactions: usgssbnzz
Dec 29, 2018
What's the prerequisite for Mila dildo event.
Already checked her when she get almost caught. Now she is half naked and just tells me to leave
I think you should advance Zoe's story further because that activates some of Mila's events. Also be sure to CHECK YOUR IN-GAME CELLPHONE when you go to the map and click on Mila's icon; there should be a description of what you need to do there. Make sure there isn't anything you may have missed and try talking to her every hour possible for a couple of days straight... it could very well just be waiting a day or two.

4.20 star(s) 82 Votes