adultUser

Oct 11, 2017
So i get crashes, just leaving the game open. Any ideas? I just had a crash letting it sit on the main title screen for half an hour.

Leus

Nov 6, 2017
hey guys i need a bit of help, im stuck with Megan. The tipps in the cellphone says i should speak with sophia but where the hell can i do that? thanks in advance

Leus

Nov 6, 2017
hey guys i need a bit of help, im stuck with Megan. The tipps in the cellphone says i should speak with sophia but where the hell can i do that? thanks in advance
HA ! got it in the week in the morning at the pool. nice how i find my answers almost everytime as soon i ask the question in a thread xD

Glib

Jan 6, 2018
In my opinion TK could just stop development on Solvalley. I really feels like an H-game from 5 years ago, while HS Tutor seems way more up to date and is also a better testament to his writing skill. Solvalley feels like the work of an edgy schoolboy and HST seems like the work of... a more refined edgy schoolboy. It might just be the preference for the koikatu look, but i would love him to prioritise this game.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
In my opinion TK could just stop development on Solvalley. I really feels like an H-game from 5 years ago, while HS Tutor seems way more up to date and is also a better testament to his writing skill. Solvalley feels like the work of an edgy schoolboy and HST seems like the work of... a more refined edgy schoolboy. It might just be the preference for the koikatu look, but i would love him to prioritise this game.
Solvalley is ole' faithful. It's a comedy game of sorts and the plot while not exactly in depth and advanced is fun to follow. It's also much easier for TK to develop, hence updates are larger.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Can you explain why it's easier?
It's easier because Solvalley is a collection of linear stories. I just need to make the images/animations, write and then with a single line of code (literally), this scene is already implemented in the game.

In the case of HS Tutor, just to give an example that I'm working on now, the player can visit Claire at night in her room where there is a hot event. After this event, the player can find Claire in several different places. It can be at school in the morning, at school in the afternoon, at the park on weekends or at her house at night. For the game to make sense, I need to take all of this into consideration. The player can not find Claire in the park after this event, and she act as if nothing had happened. Before and after each event, I need to make sure everything is working properly and that the new lines are in the right places.

The difference, then, is that while in Solvalley girls are "buttons" that, when pressed, make their storylines run, in HS Tutor girls have their own existence regardless of where the player is on the plot. And keeping the girls' reaction consistent with what's going on requires a lot of hard work and attention.

The problem is that this is kinda hard to program alone. Even semi-professional games often completely ignore these things or simply neglect it by assuming the player will not care, as the Summertime Saga does, which is often extremely incoherent (when I played the game, I even got to see some girls comment on things before they happen on the plot lol).

Glib

Jan 6, 2018
The problem is that this is kinda hard to program alone. Even semi-professional games often completely ignore these things or simply neglect it by assuming the player will not care, as the Summertime Saga does, which is often extremely incoherent (when I played the game, I even got to see some girls comment on things before they happen on the plot lol).
Don't think your hard work goes unnoticed. It is that sort of quality and refinement that sets indie games apart, even for people who can't quite put their finger on it why the game feels so slick.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
is the HS update coming at the end of july?
Yeah TK8000 what's the plan with the update release date? any estimate?
Hello.

I want the update to have 10 new scenes and 7 of these are ready. I'm fixing some things that I think it's bad and trying to make things more interesting with more meaningful options that modify some events.

For example, in the new event where the protagonist sleeps at Claire's house, the player can choose whether he goes to bed with her mother, or if he visits Claire in the bedroom during the night. Of course, since I want to keep the game always 100% accessible regardless of the player's options, even if he chooses his mother or Claire, he can see the two scenes later (with some minor modifications) when he has full access to the house and can have sex with both of them whenever you want (this will be available in this update).

Also, I decided to add the first hot scene involving more than one girl, which happens if the player has intimacy with both Zoe and Claire (this was not in the original plans).

Qtyaelgar

Jan 6, 2018
Sounds mighty fine, well worth the waiting. Take your time, it's best for a project if the maker is satisfied with it before release B)

4.20 star(s) 82 Votes