Altair1243

Aug 17, 2019
Probably no new updates because they're stuck pandering to the requests that got us stuck in this quagmire in the first place lol. Man, sad to say this one went downhill hard and fast. There's a possibility it could recover, but I doubt it's likely (heck we don't even know when it will be finished at this rate)

And yeah, before someone starts cracking wise, I did support the dev for a good while before bowing out due to stagnation for basically no reason

loabw

Jan 18, 2020
Having tried to work with EUG directly and tertiarily for over a span of ten years now in different ways (and he wouldn't remember a second of it, bless), the dude is a nuts narcissist. It was pretty evident in the directions his stories/games go (which I personally enjoy), but then trying to do anything with him, be it collaboration, feedback, etc. - is like talking to a wall with a completely fabricated ego that could rival some US presidents. The way he tries to spin a story that makes him bereft of any responsibility every. Single. Sentence. No self-awareness or ownership of completely dropping the ball on any work pushed me away years ago.

Had a stick up my ass this morning remembering the original hypnosis story (go look on OFB, it's an old one) to check to see if he'd released anything, and nope - an entire-ass year later, and nothing on his flagship, and close to a year on his secondary project. While ranking in bank. Any person with half an ounce of development or writing experience can tell at best he's inept, and at worst trying to pull the rug over people's eyes by claiming all sorts of work that, at his level at this point, should not be failing even remotely. From what I can tell, he reposts fan art more than his own work nowadays. Sucks, but also poetically hilarious that a dude who wrote stories about controlling a harem and gaslighting girls... really seems to have just wanted an online cult of white knights to support his nonsense. *shrug*

I think for myself the worst part is that he's started a shitty modicum of work that other VN devs are blowing out of the water. Plenty of other fetish writers and devs get literally 10x-100x the work of EUG done, and what they do has some real soul in it. They deserve the money and support by miles more than his pathological lying nonsense.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
(go look on OFB, it's an old one)
Your whole post is interesting, i'm neutral(or i like to give the benefit of the doubt) but i'm skipping that whole thing(because regardless if it's true or not, i wouldn't be able to confirm or disprove whatever you may say)

but i gotta ask: what's OFB(i'm bad with acronym and when i googled it...it gave me links of Orchestras XD and car-insurance)

loabw

Jan 18, 2020
Your whole post is interesting, i'm neutral(or i like to give the benefit of the doubt) but i'm skipping that whole thing(because regardless if it's true or not, i wouldn't be able to confirm or disprove whatever you may say)

but i gotta ask: what's OFB(i'm bad with acronym and when i googled it...it gave me links of Orchestras XD and car-insurance)
overflowingbra.com. One of the oldest BE story sties that's still kickin'. :3

I mean, my experiences are true to me, and to plenty others. Especially there being VN devs who put out way more, way better things that deserve the praise and support. bladerune9 is a great one to keep an eye on. Benefit of the doubt is also usually best used on the people at the bottom, not the douche at the top.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
overflowingbra.com. One of the oldest BE story sties that's still kickin'. :3

I mean, my experiences are true to me, and to plenty others. Especially there being VN devs who put out way more, way better things that deserve the praise and support. bladerune9 is a great one to keep an eye on. Benefit of the doubt is also usually best used on the people at the bottom, not the douche at the top.
We'll see how it goes...i mean if the guy wants money, he must keep up with the games...or he'll end like ICSTOR or Irphaeus

Me after checking his patreons: oh boi, it will take a long time, he earns enough to have a decent life here where i live(italy)

Last edited:

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
We'll see how it goes...i mean if the guy wants money, he must keep up with the games...or he'll end like ICSTOR or Irphaeus

Me after checking his patreons: oh boi, it will take a long time, he earns enough to have a decent life here where i live(italy)
better check ICSTOR's number of patrons... he still did not release anything but lies and probably have more patrons then years ago when he was actually making game content. ~7600 right now

LiuXuande

May 5, 2022
better check ICSTOR's number of patrons... he still did not release anything but lies and probably have more patrons then years ago when he was actually making game content. ~7600 right now
I just checked, never played his game so don't know if it's true. But, can you blame him? He makes the same amount of money without working. I've seen people blame the way patreon works as the problem but I disagree, the real problems are the pigeons who keep funding those games when nothing is ever updated.

At this point, I'm seriously considering if we are not living in the matrix. Who are these people who after 6 months with no update stay suscribed to those devs? Why after nearly a year with nothing, devs do not loose a significant amount of patrons? Are those people even real? Is it some massive scam between patreon, the "devs" and the pigeons?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I just checked, never played his game so don't know if it's true. But, can you blame him? He makes the same amount of money without working. I've seen people blame the way patreon works as the problem but I disagree, the real problems are the pigeons who keep funding those games when nothing is ever updated.

At this point, I'm seriously considering if we are not living in the matrix. Who are these people who after 6 months with no update stay suscribed to those devs? Why after nearly a year with nothing, devs do not loose a significant amount of patrons? Are those people even real? Is it some massive scam between patreon, the "devs" and the pigeons?
if you ask me? it depends...what if these guys have the lowest subscription and they forgot about it?XD

I mean i genuinely heard/read about a few people actually forgetting about "losing small amounts of money"

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
if you ask me? it depends...what if these guys have the lowest subscription and they forgot about it?XD

I mean i genuinely heard/read about a few people actually forgetting about "losing small amounts of money"
It is not only forgetting, also not caring too much. Depending on a persons income they can be fine with losing a few bucks, even if they dont get anything in return.

E.g. I followed a Twitch-Streamer some time ago and they suddenly stopped streaming without any notice (mental health issues). I did not really care too much that my subscription was ongoing, since it did not really matter to me if I lose 5 bucks a month or not, even if they were not streaming for months. Only when Covid came and my income became smaller (I am working in an industry which organizes business events and stuff like taht, obviously those were not happening back then), I cancelled my subscription because then I had to care about not wasting money.

And I can imagine if someone is subbed to the Dev and pays 1 Buck a month or something like that, that they dont really mind at all.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
It is not only forgetting, also not caring too much. Depending on a persons income they can be fine with losing a few bucks, even if they dont get anything in return.

E.g. I followed a Twitch-Streamer some time ago and they suddenly stopped streaming without any notice (mental health issues). I did not really care too much that my subscription was ongoing, since it did not really matter to me if I lose 5 bucks a month or not, even if they were not streaming for months. Only when Covid came and my income became smaller (I am working in an industry which organizes business events and stuff like taht, obviously those were not happening back then), I cancelled my subscription because then I had to care about not wasting money.

And I can imagine if someone is subbed to the Dev and pays 1 Buck a month or something like that, that they dont really mind at all.
meanwhile me: checking when the stuff i need is on sale and counting every single cent/penny

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Weekend Update - Game News #70
Hey everyone!

My last few posts have been about what I've been working on, so I'll continue with that trend.

One of the bigger things I underestimated for this update was the writing. This was surprising for two reason, the first being writing is my favorite part. Sure, finishing up the visuals and putting everything together is rewarding in its own right, but when it's still fresh on the page and not yet limited to the maps and assets I have to make it, there's a beauty in the unfinished.
They say every project starts out perfect with conception and can only lose that perfection with each step along the way. Or did I make that up? Hell if I know.
The second reason the writing took longer than I expected was a big part of this update was already written over a year ago. It involves the MC's confrontation with Laura, and I wrote it back when I was working on Episode Ten to get an idea of where things were headed. So how has it taken so long to finish up?

The thing I didn't anticipate was how much I suck at writing the "evil" path. I've been teasing it for a long time, and trying to leave little hints and foreshadowing of how the MC could possibly turn bad. The way I see it is you, the player, would be corrupting him.
He's a pretty naïve dude at the end of the day. Sure, he's come a long way in the few weeks the game has taken place, but he's generally used the power he has for the benefit of the girls in his life. So what pushes him into embracing his worst tendencies? Part of it is his reaction to Laura, part of it could be Laura herself acting as the devil on her shoulder. Part of it could simply be his own selfishness and wanting everything to be the way he wants it regardless of the people in his life and what they want.
For research I've played a lot of games where the player is an asshole. In the games Friends In Need or Nothing Is Forever, for example, you can play every scene and relationship as a great dude, a genuine psychopath, or somewhere in between. It's quite fun to go back and see how each scene could play out. And this is common in a lot of games, giving the player the choice on how he interacts with the world and finding out how the story unfolds.

The problem I was warned about but still didn't fully expect was my personal attachment to the characters. I've mentioned before in behind the scenes posts how the MC is based on me when I was that age. I was learning how to interact with the girls in my life, especially when they were friends with each other and were all in the same class, making my entanglements with them a balancing act.
The girls are all based on their namesakes as well, which has always helped me to create real characters with distinct voices, personalities and desires. So when the MC is rude, mean, or even cruel to them, it's difficult for me to justify. That's not who I was at that time, and if the MC is an asshole, I want real reasons for him to act that way.
At the same time, the "evil" path has been far more subtle than I planned at this point, because I kept putting it off, waiting for the right moment in the story for him to start acting like a true asshole. I've spent a lot of time leading up to this update, so I wanted to get it right. This means, once again, writing the same scenes multiple times, trying to take into account so many different possibilities throughout the game.
Now that we're here, I want it to make sense. And it took me a long time to realize it can still be subtle at this point. He doesn't need to be a dick overnight, he simply needs to be believable. The answer, going forward, will mostly be for whether he makes the easy choice, which often means using the watch for his convenience vs. taking the more difficult path of having to earn the love of the people in his life.

I spent a lot of time mapping out future updates and where the endings will lead. At some point the endings will divert entirely, but for now the two paths will still continue side by side, the same scenes and events happening but with different actions and outcomes.
Part of this has been trying to reign in the scope. Over the years I got a little too ambitious with Hypnosis, wondering where the limits were until I found them by pushing more and more choices and open scenarios. The broken watch branch was a great example of me trying to write a solid ending only to end up with three of them, each with multiple variations and smaller side endings, taking over a year to complete.
It's been a fun experiment, but it's time to focus on the direction everything needs to be heading and get there in a far more timely manner.
I've said it before, but future games will be much smaller and tighter, with less characters and something that can be finished in less than a year. Taking multiple years to finish a game is difficult, and it means making you, the players, wait too damn long for the story to continue.

On a different note, what do you think of the game preview for the image? It's a render I was working a few hours ago. I won't actually use Aera's dress, since it's see-through, but thought it made for a decent stand alone.
I mentioned showing game preview images before, but I still get nervous feeling like I'll make someone annoyed for possible spoilers. Eh, comment if you're mad about it, I guess. Otherwise I'll start posting previews more often.

Thanks, everyone!
Dev's Public Post. Safe to say, it will much longer for next release

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes