Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I'm curious what is so hard about HS animations he speaks about. From what i remember the game uses pretty much stock animations, it's not even heavily moded HS.
Being close to 1 1/2 years since the last update, he nearly made the game until the broken watch ending in that time...

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I'm curious what is so hard about HS animations he speaks about. From what i remember the game uses pretty much stock animations, it's not even heavily moded HS.
Being close to 1 1/2 years since the last update, he nearly made the game until the broken watch ending in that time...
oh yeah, soon it's automatic: both his games will be tagged as abandoned until the next release.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Aka the norm for those who have been waiting since the Broken Watch fiasco
Broken Watch is a fiasco on multiple levels...it doesn't even have a proper ending: it ends with MC fucking Hailey on a cruise on the way home and then cut of black...no epilogue...like just "let's fuck some more! okay!" blackscreen and then credits.

Reactions: privetin13

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
It's funny that, despite all its flaws, Hypnosis is still one of my favourite AVNs. But then I only found it when it was already at v1.0 and so I was surprised that it hadn't been deliberately abandoned. I'm not a patreon supporter, though maybe I should be for a month just to pay for my enjoyment. I have to assume that anyone still supporting at this point is just doing so out of the goodness of their heart rather than expecting something commensurate in return. I wonder what the dev is getting up to, because I imagine it's not making this full time.

Yolda

Jul 30, 2018
I love it how people on the internet have completely forgotten how social interactions work :ROFLMAO:

What are we gonna do if the Dev decides to drop the game? Be mean about it?
Threats only work if you have some kind of leverage and chances are pretty high that you have none.

So the only thing you are doing right now is throwing a temper tantrum, which does make you look like many things.
But a functioning adult is not among these ^^

And now: Let the rage begin! :D

bfc233

Jul 31, 2023
Threats only work if you have some kind of leverage
Money. That's how crowd funding works, but you are right, this puts people on this site in a weird position because a lot of the most constructive (and destructive for that matter) feedback happens here. So people that don't pay but have a lot to say end up having quite the sense of ownership over a product they like.

At the end of the day: if his model changed from actually working on the game to selling pin ups and pictures, good for him. If the game is dead for, it's dead and the only thing that is going to change that is a loss in revenue.

It sucks but it do be like that on this site.

Reactions: BigBlob69

pencilfight

Nov 9, 2018
I wonder what the dev is getting up to, because I imagine it's not making this full time.
Collecting free rent money from hope'amine addicts and people who have so many patreon subs active they just forgot they're still giving him $5 a month for essentially nothing in return

Every time I see one of these guys start to act like making a text based fap game with paper thin story is "totally hard work that takes a decade or more" I'm reminded that the Stardew valley guy made his game solo, in three years, while working full time as a theater usher.

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Collecting free rent money from hope'amine addicts and people who have so many patreon subs active they just forgot they're still giving him $5 a month for essentially nothing in return

Every time I see one of these guys start to act like making a text based fap game with paper thin story is "totally hard work that takes a decade or more" I'm reminded that the Stardew valley guy made his game solo, in three years, while working full time as a theater usher.
I think you're being a bit overly harsh. It's not fair to assume the worst of patrons; they know how long it's been since last release, so if they still feel like it's worth donating out of the goodness of their hearts, all power to them. That or, as you say, they have enough money to not bother check what they donate to, in which case I don't think it matters.

As to how hard it is to develop, I mean I've never made a Ren'Py game so I wouldn't really know. I know the renderring can take a very long time, and the sheer quantity of dialogue must take a long time to write. But I see where you're coming from. Hypnosis' plot is kinda basic but honestly quite enjoyable. If the next update is small, I think everyone will agree that the dev has basically been kicking his feet. Btw, Stardew Valley took 4.5 years to make and the guy was working like 10-12 hours a day.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Btw, Stardew Valley took 4.5 years to make and the guy was working like 10-12 hours a day.
but to be fair, Stardew Valley is filled with game-mechanics, math of various kinds, events, dialogues of every single development in love and friendship and items...so i kind of understand people who are disappointed with a game made on renpy with a relatively small amounts of variables...and coding is usually the fastest part of it or so i've heard...so please let's not compare a slideshow to a genuinely complex/detailed game.

Reactions: BigBlob69

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
but to be fair, Stardew Valley is filled with game-mechanics, math of various kinds, events, dialogues of every single development in love and friendship and items...so i kind of understand people who are disappointed with a game made on renpy with a relatively small amounts of variables...and coding is usually the fastest part of it or so i've heard...so please let's not compare a slideshow to a genuinely complex/detailed game.
>My face when reading this thread and getting to the part about dev stalling.
View attachment y2mate.com - jc denton what a shame_360p.mp4

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
I'm more like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i'm not sad, nor disappointed just..."at this point it doesn't even matter anymore, this game doesn't even deserve my negative feelings"
Well maybe this isn't your first rodeo of disappointment is it? I think I saw you on that demonic neighbor game thread. And come on Hypnosis having that "ending" is leaving a bad after taste, I'm bit sad about wasted potential.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Well maybe this isn't your first rodeo of disappointment is it? I think I saw you on that demonic neighbor game thread. And come on Hypnosis having that "ending" is leaving a bad after taste, I'm bit sad about wasted potential.
i experienced SEVERAL disappointments...some are more infuriating than others...this one? saw it a mile away, since the moment that the dev showed far more interest into developing a side-ending such as Broken Watch(i forgave him for starting Endowed because it's kind of good) only to have such a cheap ending...and still having the nerve of stating that it's complete...that was a hard hit...but yeah hard hit but in a "i don't feel much but still feel something" way

Last edited:

Yukariin

Oct 16, 2020
I think you're being a bit overly harsh. It's not fair to assume the worst of patrons; they know how long it's been since last release, so if they still feel like it's worth donating out of the goodness of their hearts, all power to them. That or, as you say, they have enough money to not bother check what they donate to, in which case I don't think it matters.

As to how hard it is to develop, I mean I've never made a Ren'Py game so I wouldn't really know. I know the renderring can take a very long time, and the sheer quantity of dialogue must take a long time to write. But I see where you're coming from. Hypnosis' plot is kinda basic but honestly quite enjoyable. If the next update is small, I think everyone will agree that the dev has basically been kicking his feet. Btw, Stardew Valley took 4.5 years to make and the guy was working like 10-12 hours a day.
a renpy game is only as hard as however many CGs you want in it. which is going into HS, selecting a pose, and pressing printscreen.
the text you just write in notepad.
export the CGs and text to renpy and voila. you have a new patch.

now i ask you, do you really think it takes over 17 months to push an update out know the above? the answer is it doesn't.
1698640867394.png

now compare this to a dev that actually does work, look at the update cadence, which actually involves programming in java and drawing and animating scenes yourself. WEEKLY UPDATES.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes