Blueray

Aug 27, 2020
i don.t no why were not hearing any news of the update yet its Almost Dec still no new update thy better not Abandoned it

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Considering how the only activity the Dev has been doing is on twitter and hasn't put out content or any reworked content in over a year plus? Only pretty much being active in their promo account of Ashley le slut... Yeah, might as well slap the abandoned tag on this game.

loabw

Jan 18, 2020
Yeah technically there was the Holiday Special update on 16/01/23, but I agree that it doesn't really count. Look I'm not disagreeing that the dev obviously hasn't been working on the game much. I just think that sometimes people underestimate the amount of time Ren'Py games take.
I can pretty properly estimate it, as somebody who writes in python (and golang, and a couple others) and has actually worked with Ren'Py for close to two years. 15+ years in the development space, a lot of it in applications and systems as a lead and architect, if it matters.

If you're not any kind of a programmer (and even if you are in some ways), there's a fair-sized learning curve to Ren'Py, and it can be overwhelming. If you've been using the platform for 3+ years, you'll find that it's significantly less complex than Microsoft Excel (I'm not joking), and especially if you KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). EUG has been using it for what, 7+ at this point? If he's actually using it, he'd be learning it. Tell me something you've used for 3+ years and you can't use a magnitude faster than somebody who hasn't touched it before. Ditto comparing 7 to 3. Unless... you know... they're full of shit.

Also, as others have mentioned, it's not like he's reworking the logic of the game, or adding in complex systems - it's a fully linear VN with a (barely) branching storyline. A visual CHOYA, really. Even more "basic" VNs have looping systems, stats, progression and meta-data that make keeping progamatic state complicated - see Nunu's Cabin At The Lake for a good example of where the programming might actually be challenging. I've looked at Hypnosis code - it's flat-out dumb-ass simple, and written like somebody who knows about coding, so there's nothing about Ren'Py development that's causing delays (that said, it's still fucking buggy as all hell, but at least easy to fix because it's just a bunch of boolean flags you can either create or set yourself if they break, as they often do).

So it's not Ren'Py causing the delays. And it's not the HS rendering... I play with HS a lot personally as well, and yeah... dead f'n simple. The kinetic controller in Studio is easy, and I've gotten the models from EUG years and years ago before the game took off, so you can even create your own ending if you want to - one that might even actually exist! Look up the HS Final Repack 3 - it's essentially everything he uses minus a bunch of clothing and hair mods (that you can find fairly easily through discords or even other f95 threads). Not even the nice 4K textures and things, he uses base-ass stuff you can use right out a zip-file somebody else put tons of work into.

Not Ren'Py. Not the rendering. Then it must be the writing? But like... also dead dumb writing at this point. A lot of it, as I mentioned, recycled from a story he wrote 15 years ago. It's all there. He's just a dingleberry enjoying living off of using flowery language to say "yeah I'm actually not doing anything of substance or progress, but here's me wish-washing about how important it is to me that I will get better!" over and over for literally years. C'est la.

kabab1234

Dec 8, 2020
I can pretty properly estimate it, as somebody who writes in python (and golang, and a couple others) and has actually worked with Ren'Py for close to two years. 15+ years in the development space, a lot of it in applications and systems as a lead and architect, if it matters.

If you're not any kind of a programmer (and even if you are in some ways), there's a fair-sized learning curve to Ren'Py, and it can be overwhelming. If you've been using the platform for 3+ years, you'll find that it's significantly less complex than Microsoft Excel (I'm not joking), and especially if you KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). EUG has been using it for what, 7+ at this point? If he's actually using it, he'd be learning it. Tell me something you've used for 3+ years and you can't use a magnitude faster than somebody who hasn't touched it before. Ditto comparing 7 to 3. Unless... you know... they're full of shit.

Also, as others have mentioned, it's not like he's reworking the logic of the game, or adding in complex systems - it's a fully linear VN with a (barely) branching storyline. A visual CHOYA, really. Even more "basic" VNs have looping systems, stats, progression and meta-data that make keeping progamatic state complicated - see Nunu's Cabin At The Lake for a good example of where the programming might actually be challenging. I've looked at Hypnosis code - it's flat-out dumb-ass simple, and written like somebody who knows about coding, so there's nothing about Ren'Py development that's causing delays (that said, it's still fucking buggy as all hell, but at least easy to fix because it's just a bunch of boolean flags you can either create or set yourself if they break, as they often do).

So it's not Ren'Py causing the delays. And it's not the HS rendering... I play with HS a lot personally as well, and yeah... dead f'n simple. The kinetic controller in Studio is easy, and I've gotten the models from EUG years and years ago before the game took off, so you can even create your own ending if you want to - one that might even actually exist! Look up the HS Final Repack 3 - it's essentially everything he uses minus a bunch of clothing and hair mods (that you can find fairly easily through discords or even other f95 threads). Not even the nice 4K textures and things, he uses base-ass stuff you can use right out a zip-file somebody else put tons of work into.

Not Ren'Py. Not the rendering. Then it must be the writing? But like... also dead dumb writing at this point. A lot of it, as I mentioned, recycled from a story he wrote 15 years ago. It's all there. He's just a dingleberry enjoying living off of using flowery language to say "yeah I'm actually not doing anything of substance or progress, but here's me wish-washing about how important it is to me that I will get better!" over and over for literally years. C'est la.
Yo, if you could share the "HS cards" that would be very much appreciated...

loabw

Jan 18, 2020
Yo, if you could share the "HS cards" that would be very much appreciated...
Yup. IIRC he shared this link publicly in his discord, so I don't see why I can't re-share them here. FWIW, this is like 3-4 years old, so it's only so much quality. Not that the quality has improved since then. :LUL:

(edit) Forgot the link like a smartie:

kabab1234

Dec 8, 2020
Yup. IIRC he shared this link publicly in his discord, so I don't see why I can't re-share them here. FWIW, this is like 3-4 years old, so it's only so much quality. Not that the quality has improved since then. :LUL:

(edit) Forgot the link like a smartie: Da files
Excellent, thanks bud.

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022

Damn, fair enough, you got the intel.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes