Xyav

Aug 29, 2018
Since I am here let right now let me dump something I made by editting a Japanese walkthrough chart in Paint to get a chart in English that I could use.
Btw. I do NOT speak Japanese.
I simply played the game and then edited the Japanese chart by writing English text over the choices according to the options you have in the game.
The only thing I added from myself is the route for the best ending.

So without further delay here is the chart:

megami zero walkthrough.png

Fsnfak

Jan 10, 2020
I dont remember, I know there is one key you can get by finishing all the arena fights but I'm not sure it's the yellow one.
Definitely not true. You don't get any keys for finishing all Arena fights.

As kemambut posted back on Jun 10, 2019, here is the complete walkthrough (in Jap):

You get Green key automatically at beginning of Ch.3.
Red key in Ch. 8 Imperial City Pleia > Back Alley when Shiamara negotiates with merchant.

I haven't got the Gold key and am a bit confused by the machine translation of the walkthrough, but it seems you get the Gold key from a "Genie Trigraph"? Which is a random encounter???
[Gearing demon]
At the time of encounter or defeat, a devilish genie appears randomly and you can choose whether to fight.
The following three are departure genie. Once defeated, it does not appear.

First time Genie Trigraph Drop the "Yellow Key"
Second time Genie Latin Neil Drop "Latin Neil"
3rd time Genie Astarot Drop `` Astaroth Callout ''
We've heard rumors that it will appear when control is low, but our survey has not found such a condition.

Reactions: ushoran

Fsnfak

Jan 10, 2020
Did a bit more digging searching for "Ikusa Megami Zero" and "Hagure Majin" on Google. Sounds like getting the gold key is going to be some super-frustrating bullshit with RNG; the rumor referred to in the walkthrough is that apparently it needs to be a new location and your control gauge is low to increase chances. Either way, the random encounter with a hagure majin for the gold key is super-low probability.

The "Gearing demon" or "Departure genie" is the "Hagure Majin" random encounter you'll need to get to get the Gold key.

Vimtoking

Nov 28, 2018
could anyone give me a hand helping me figure out how to use cheat engine to edit the money?

<edit>
and also, which should i play first this or vertira?

Last edited:

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
could anyone give me a hand helping me figure out how to use cheat engine to edit the money?

<edit>
and also, which should i play first this or vertira?
Never managed to use cheat engine on this game, I used spoiler Al with the right tables but it's in japanese so it might be hard to use if you cant read jap.

Ikusa megami zero is the origin story of Selika, one of the main protagonists of Verita, and the story happens several centuries before the events of verita. So chronologicaly you should start with Zero although you dont necesarily need to in order to understand verita.
Zero, as a game, also came out first. The two games have very similar game systems with verita being a bit more refined.

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
I haven't got the Gold key and am a bit confused by the machine translation of the walkthrough, but it seems you get the Gold key from a "Genie Trigraph"? Which is a random encounter???
I got the Gold Key as a reward for beating a "dragon boss" in the last floor of Iron Scrap Valley. Yes it's a random encounter, while walking around a message will randomly pop up asking you to hide or to fight. Fight to get the key. You can get this encounter multiple times.

Edit : Got the same fight in the Judgement Tribunal.. I have the feeling you can get this event anywhere, completely random. My battle control ratio was also full (red). Maybe you need to be over level 200.

Last edited:

Bilbael

Jan 27, 2019
I have some questions as well.

How to get all the "Invit mag"? There are 7 skills to unlock for this category, and the walkthrough only mention 5 of them :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is it also possible to get all of them in one playthrough? It feels like its not possible to get both Orthros and Zokiu.

What are these pillars asking for weapons? What are their purpose and what to do with them?

Is there a newgame+? If the answer is yes, then what do you get?

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
I have some questions as well.

How to get all the "Invit mag"? There are 7 skills to unlock for this category, and the walkthrough only mention 5 of them :
Is it also possible to get all of them in one playthrough? It feels like its not possible to get both Orthros and Zokiu.

What are these pillars asking for weapons? What are their purpose and what to do with them?

Is there a newgame+? If the answer is yes, then what do you get?
No you cant have everything in one playthrough, some things you gain in chapters 6-7 can lock out other abilities. Amdoshias is a playable character (if I remember well) so if you like her abilities it might be good to play these chapters with that goal in mind. I didnt find her essential anyway.

The only character that can technically be missed and that is almost necessary to finish the game is Nabelius. I say technically because it is not choice based, if you screw up at a fairly obvious point in the game you will not get her.

The pillars contains more or less the ultimate weapons of the game if I remember well. To unlock them I no longer remember. I think I was something stupid like "having a copy of every other weapon of the same type".

There is a new game+, all it does is allowing you to replay the game with your previous level and inventory. Also it allows you to use your previous level in the bonus senario (when you select new game) which is impossible to do at lvl1

Fajter

Oct 8, 2017
Hey I need some help, im in chapter 1, quest to return the egg, I do it, get attacked by the bird.
This whole level im one shotting those harpies on the way here but this boss 2 shots me before I get a second hit in.
What am I don't wrong this is such a sudden severe spike in difficulty I must be missing something.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Hey I need some help, im in chapter 1, quest to return the egg, I do it, get attacked by the bird.
This whole level im one shotting those harpies on the way here but this boss 2 shots me before I get a second hit in.
What am I don't wrong this is such a sudden severe spike in difficulty I must be missing something.
I never had much difficulty there but it could be that the armour you chose have the wrong elemental affinity, or you didnt level up your character or you are not making use of defense buffs (if I remember well Satia can use them). At this stage of the game, on boss fights, Selika is probably the only damage dealer. Satia and her familiar should be used as heal/support

It might also be useful to cancel one of your actions and go in defense mode while the boss winds up his attacks if you find out that one of his attacks is too powerful.

Reactions: Fajter

Fajter

Oct 8, 2017
I never had much difficulty there but it could be that the armour you chose have the wrong elemental affinity, or you didnt level up your character or you are not making use of defense buffs (if I remember well Satia can use them). At this stage of the game, on boss fights, Selika is probably the only damage dealer. Satia and her familiar should be used as heal/support

It might also be useful to cancel one of your actions and go in defense mode while the boss winds up his attacks if you find out that one of his attacks is too powerful.
Hey thanks for the tips, I didn't know that I can stop my actions with right click, so that changes the strategy a bit.
But I guess I was also just very underleveled so I spent a few minutes at the status restore point grinding battles and then I managed to beat the boss.

Since every fight until now was first try easy I didn't even bother with any battles other then the obligatory random and non random ones. Guess this isn't one of those games you can just waltz through without a grind session here and there.
That's ok tho.

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
Hey thanks for the tips, I didn't know that I can stop my actions with right click, so that changes the strategy a bit.
But I guess I was also just very underleveled so I spent a few minutes at the status restore point grinding battles and then I managed to beat the boss.

Since every fight until now was first try easy I didn't even bother with any battles other then the obligatory random and non random ones. Guess this isn't one of those games you can just waltz through without a grind session here and there.
That's ok tho.
You're welcome. When grinding, you should try to focus on using basic attacks in order to get your weapon mastery up. It's the stat that is the longest to grind up and it allows you to use the new stuff you find.

If you want to know a bit more about the system I made a previous post that explains a few things to keep in mind to avoid being murdered without understanding why. Here it is:
https://f95zone.to/threads/ikusa-megami-zero-eushully.987/post-1827128

Reactions: Csomi and Fajter

ijacuvu

Mar 17, 2020
ushoran since you know the game inside and out, can you specify which attributes (the ones you increase for EXP) influence each stats and are the most important? I'm just starting the game and want to know how to develop my characters, so far I deducted that:
STR STA: +HP (high), +MP (low), +TP (low), +Attack Power (high), +Defense Power (medium)
AGI STA (what's with the 'STA' anyway?): +HP (highest), +MP (low), +TP (low), +Attack Power, +Defense Power (both medium)
AGI: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (medium), +Attack Power (medium), +Defense Frequency
DEX: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (medium), +Attack Power (medium)
INT RES: +HP (medium), +MP (medium), +TP (low), +Attack Power (low), +Magical Attack (v. high), +Magical Defense (medium)
MENT: +HP (medium), +MP (high), +TP (low), +Attack Power (low), +Magical Attack (medium), +Magical Defense (high)
CHA STA: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (high), +Attack Power (low), +Defense Power (medium), +Magical Defense (medium)
Anything else? I suppose something must also increase Attack Frequency?

sidenote: I'm not even into hentai that much, but man, these are some damn fine RPGs.

ijacuvu

Mar 17, 2020
There are some really good ones around, Eushully made a few and a couple of others floating around.
I've played the Alicesoft games, which for the most part (aside from the strategy ones like Sengoku - a beast of a game) actually have better lore/setting and story than gameplay. Are there any others worthy of mention?

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
ushoran since you know the game inside and out, can you specify which attributes (the ones you increase for EXP) influence each stats and are the most important? I'm just starting the game and want to know how to develop my characters, so far I deducted that:
STR STA: +HP (high), +MP (low), +TP (low), +Attack Power (high), +Defense Power (medium)
AGI STA (what's with the 'STA' anyway?): +HP (highest), +MP (low), +TP (low), +Attack Power, +Defense Power (both medium)
AGI: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (medium), +Attack Power (medium), +Defense Frequency
DEX: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (medium), +Attack Power (medium)
INT RES: +HP (medium), +MP (medium), +TP (low), +Attack Power (low), +Magical Attack (v. high), +Magical Defense (medium)
MENT: +HP (medium), +MP (high), +TP (low), +Attack Power (low), +Magical Attack (medium), +Magical Defense (high)
CHA STA: +HP (medium), +MP (low), +TP (high), +Attack Power (low), +Defense Power (medium), +Magical Defense (medium)
Anything else? I suppose something must also increase Attack Frequency?

sidenote: I'm not even into hentai that much, but man, these are some damn fine RPGs.
When I was doing the translation I was cheating to have a completely overpowered Selika with 200 lvl more than the average (I had to play through the game multiple times so I couldnt really bother struggling in fights) and it's been a while since I finished this translation and uninstalled the game so I advise you to not trust me 100% there but, from memory of my regular plays:

DEX should be the stat for att freq (agi and dex are the stat for freq and even they only give 1 point every 10-20 points). It's one of the slowest stat to increase because it's probably the one that has the most dramatic effect on damage (as long as your attck is high enough).

You should focus Selika as a physical powerhouse but resillient enough not to be one shot.
You will notice that whatever you do, for a given level, there is a stat cap. So usually I was trying to cap DEX and AGI (to increase your overall action speed and your att and def freq) then put a little focus on STR STA. Balance the rest of your XP to get HP/def/mag def.
Only put some point in INT when the points there cost so little that you can spare some to raise the cap for the other stats

Technically his magic can be made powerful but the element he has is thunder which makes it low efficiency in most high level fights where you have versatile/demon/gods/holy elemental resistances.
A high level mage is almost necessary for the end game but you should rely on another that you get quite late in the game.

I dont know what the STA is for I think it was an issue about automatic detection of words and correction, I only translated the dialogs since I was initially only planning to share the translation with one friend and doing the interface was too bothersome while he could simple call me.

If you're looking for interresting games I can share the few that left me a good impression enough that I remember them years later.

Utawarerumono / Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen / Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro
This is a series of games.
Utawarerumono is a standalone game and serves as a prequel to the two others (which need to be played together).
In terms of gameplay, you will be facing a visual novels with, at some intervals, phases of tactical games where you have characters on a grid (usually outnumbered) and try to position them to dispatch enemies. The ratio of Visual novel/tactical is 80/20 maybe even 90/10. So you will read a lot.
But it's completely worth it. The story, universe, writting and voice actor work are simply great. Particularly in Itsuwari no Kamen and Futari no Hakuoro.

You will need patience though because the writers of this series tend to take time to install their universe, introduce elements, build character relationships. For example Itsuwari no Kamen and Futari no Hakuoro are 120-140 hour long together and they take 40-45 hours to slowly introduce the world, let you get used to the day to day hapiness and build up empathy. So that when pain finally arrives it's quite heart wrenching.

So that's where I have a problem. Not playing Itsuwari no Kamen/Futari no hakuoro would be a real shame but if you dont play
Utawarerumono beforehand there are many things that you will miss (and a few elements that will look like a deus ex machinas).
Utawarerumono have a very good story but not as good as the sequel (although I am judging from memory since I played it 15 years ago) but I enjoyed it enough to buy Itsuwari no kamen the moment I saw "Utawarerumono" written in front.
Anyway if you can stomach 180-200 hours of reading you should try it. If you understand spoken japanese it would be even better

If you have a PS4 you could maybe wait for May when the remake of the first Utawarerumono will be released (dunno if they edited the story though and it would be hard to find it for free to try out)

Anyway you dont play these games for the hentai part. The sequel have no sexual content and Utawarerumono is extremely light in content (to the point where "exposing the breasts to a conscenting girl then deciding to stop there because you drank too much" is considered an "scene"). If you want the voiced version there will be no scenes I think.

Eien no aselia/Seinarukana by Xuse
Eien no aselia is quite old (you'll notice that from the art style) and there have been many version (original adult version and all age version) but the story was really pleasant, relatively well written and I think the gameplay remains quite original even nowadays. There is a fan made translation for the adult version, ther other translations are for the all age versions.
Technically it is a sengoku type game where you conquer territories with units but the way you had to combine your various units was quite deep and fun.
Seinarukana is a game in the same universe, similar gameplay with added complexity. In terms of story, I prefered Eien no Aselia for its more ruthless atmosphere but it was interresting as well.

Like Utawarerumono these are not games you start for the hentai side of it. There are scenes but you'll have to deserve them cause they usually happen quite late in the game once the protagonist and the heroine you end up with (singular) fell in love (or you raped one and then... well dont expect anyone to fall in love with you then).
In Eien no Aselia you gain affinity with 1 heroine if the main protag fights in the same team as her and it's not explained anywhere. If several heroines have the same affinity one will be chosen by default so be careful)

Bunny black
That's a real hentai game unlike others.
The story is interresting and fun but hentai is a big part of it. It might not be as deep as the other games but it was quite pleasant as well and the universe is nice to discover.
It a dungeon crawling where you have to micromanage your team.

Last edited:

ushoran

Apr 19, 2018
ushoran since you know the game
Oh yeah I forgot a thing, in case you ever try out the Itsuwari no kamen/futari no Hakuoro games, skip the intro cinematics since they can spoil a few things and wait for the post credit scene in the first game since they are important to understand the continuity between the two games (on top of being quite something). I skipped it the first time and because of that the beginning of the next game seemed a bit abrupt.

ale137

Apr 11, 2020
Hello, anyone has a walkthrough for the chapter 6?
I got all the scenen of the princess but one, and have no idea how to get it.

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes