Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
It's been a bit of a year. Waiting in an empty apartment for a desk to be delivered today.

PXL_20230202_100213900~2.jpg

Edit: lol it was just the frame, the table top hasn't even shipped. Guess I need a nice pillow and work on the floor till then.

PXL_20230202_111427235.jpg

Last edited:

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
Ah, Flexispot, eletric desk frame. Same to me.
So I wento IKEA and got a top for little money there.
And now I can work sitting and standing ... and play of course.

It's better than a pillow.

Edit: lol it was just the frame, the table top hasn't even shipped. Guess I need a nice pillow and work on the floor till then.

View attachment 2359282

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Ah, Flexispot, eletric desk frame. Same to me.
So I wento IKEA and got a top for little money there.
And now I can work sitting and standing ... and play of course.

It's better than a pillow.
Well all my stuff, including tools, are on a shipping container coming next month. So I thought to get a flexispot frame+table combo for minimal headache, predrilled, etc and be ready to work asap. Looks like that didn't work out as well as I had hoped :HideThePain:

Also, as a fresh new European, I'm quickly discovering why GLS sucks dick. 3rd day in a row they pretend to try to deliver my mattress but never ring the bell. Guess we're sleeping on the floor tonight. Nice cold floor because the thermostat is only controllable through an app and we don't have internet for another 4 days.

:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::cry:

hash19

Jun 4, 2017
poor you.
But anyway welcome to Europe.

And for GLS, hey man, the mattress is heavy and big. So you can't be at home, then GLS would have to deliver :ROFLMAO:
It won't help you if i assure you that we currently have 2 single mattresses and one double mattress left :p

Better days will come.

Well all my stuff, including tools, are on a shipping container coming next month. So I thought to get a flexispot frame+table combo for minimal headache, predrilled, etc and be ready to work asap. Looks like that didn't work out as well as I had hoped :HideThePain:

Also, as a fresh new European, I'm quickly discovering why GLS sucks dick. 3rd day in a row they pretend to try to deliver my mattress but never ring the bell. Guess we're sleeping on the floor tonight. Nice cold floor because the thermostat is only controllable through an app and we don't have internet for another 4 days.

:HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain::cry:

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

Well... I guess you will not have system temperature issues. CPU and GPU will sing under those temps.:cool:

But if we are serious for a moment, yes it sucks. And it's not a exclusive GLS problem, most of them suck big time.

I had problems with my heating last week, temperatures dropped to about 7C.
Fun fact; not even one SSD drive worked, mechanical drives worked without a problem. When heating came back, everything worked again. Well, my idea to worm a room with computer failed. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017

Ahh yes, welcome to the Internet of Things, where hardware is a subscription service. We really thought that one through lmao.

But in all seriousness, best of luck getting all set up after your move.

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

1675492734051.png

Dev Talk - Final move

Well, I'm finally in my apartment that I'll call home for at least the next two years. It's empty of furniture, I don't even have a mattress yet but at least my desk was delivered so I can get back to rendering. Priorities amirite?

Shipping container with my 2nd monitor and office chair should arrive next month, so I'll try to make do with the stool till then. Internet should be hooked up in a couple of days but I can render offline no problem.

Cheers,
Dom

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

View attachment 2365094

Dev Talk - Final move

Well, I'm finally in my apartment that I'll call home for at least the next two years. It's empty of furniture, I don't even have a mattress yet but at least my desk was delivered so I can get back to rendering. Priorities amirite?

Shipping container with my 2nd monitor and office chair should arrive next month, so I'll try to make do with the stool till then. Internet should be hooked up in a couple of days but I can render offline no problem.

Cheers,
Dom
OMG. Domiek will count every second til his chair arrives. This is a recipe for spine problems, not for work environment. Hold on Domiek, chair is somewhere on the way.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
OMG. Domiek will count every second til his chair arrives. This is a recipe for spine problems, not for work environment. Hold on Domiek, chair is somewhere on the way.
No kidding, but it's still better than the setup at the Airbnb. Back would barely last two hours there. Here at least I can choose to stand sometimes.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
No kidding, but it's still better than the setup at the Airbnb. Back would barely last two hours there. Here at least I can choose to stand sometimes.
It's always better to see that positive. Agree. It's better then it could be. But it will be even better when anything arrives. I always choose to stand between longer seating sessions. I hate now when job or any activity require (too, it's subjective opinion how long that is) long seating periods.

Reactions: Punto
May 7, 2022

View attachment 2365094

Dev Talk - Final move

Cheers,
Dom
So this is where the magic is done. Good luck with your personal Odyssey.

4.70 star(s) 121 Votes