outracin

May 4, 2017
This reminds me so much of early LifePlay. I can see this game going far though I'm not sure what the limitations on building a game like this in Renpy would be. Best of luck to the dev!

Reactions: Golden Crow

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
In all the times I tried this game, I could never figure out how to unlock a sex scene, let's see if it's finally possible to figure out.

I'm guessing most people who try this game are like me, which would explain why his patreon count is low, despite the game having such massive potential. I clearly see how good the game can be, but figuring it out is extremely difficult.

I can't figure out the traits system, it's way too confusing.

Last edited:

Frankston

Feb 4, 2020
In all the times I tried this game, I could never figure out how to unlock a sex scene, let's see if it's finally possible to figure out.

I'm guessing most people who try this game are like me, which would explain why his patreon count is low, despite the game having such massive potential. I clearly see how good the game can be, but figuring it out is extremely difficult.
Both influence bars friendly and love have to be more than halfway with any npc. If that still fails, it means they're not horny enough for it.

Reactions: hakarlman

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
EDIT: The developer solved the issue: https://f95zone.to/threads/influencing-v0-1-15-0-golden-crow.72819/post-12336740 ... This post is resolved now.

This is how the traits menu should look like, so it's not confusing. I really hope the dev sees this.

1701372001259.png

See how simple that is? The way it is now is way too confusing. I can't tell what option does what, but the above way is very easy to understand.

1. Is this character dominant or submissive? (Simple)
2. Does this character like to receive facials? Yes or no. (Simple)

Also, I don't understand the point of having to unlock traits, because that means we have to play using traits we don't like, which leads to a bad user experience. I want to play with traits that adhere to my character, not be forced to use traits I don't like.

When choosing traits, what's the difference between yellow text and white text? He's got to explain things like that. He's probably wondering why his patreon count is low, it's because of stuff like this.
EDIT: It turns out yellow text reinforces that trait, making it nearly impossible for the character to change from that trait, while leaving it white makes it more susceptible to change.

I'm not the only one who is confused, this guy made a post about it too:

Every time I create a character in this game I get confused by the traits part. If I want to create a character that likes to be a DOM and doesn't like to act as a SUB, should "submissive" be white or yellow(ish), should "Not Dominant" be white or yellow(ish)?

Surely I can't be the only one confused by this, why not select between "Submissive on/off" and "Dominant on/off" instead of submissive white/yellow, and "Not Dominant" white/yellow? :)

I'm inclined to think that yellow is "off" but does that mean that to be a Dom I should select "Not dominant" as yellow, so that I'm NOT Not Dominant? :p
____
EDIT: The developer has stated that the traits work on a range, but IMO you can still use the above simplified method in my screenshot. Example:
Code:
# 0-49 = Submissive
# 50-100 = Dominant
var SexualRolePersona = 0

Ask the user if they want to their character to be submissive or dominant.
If they choose dominant, SexualRolePersona is set to 50,
if they choose submissive then set it to 49.
Based on character behavior,
.. they will become more dominant; SexualRolePersona  will increase,
... or become more submissive; SexualRolePersona will decrease.
The above is a raw idea, it may have flaws and could be majorly improved on, but the goal is to simplify the trait system to increase accessibility; meaning designing it so it's very easy to understand so more players will be able to figure it out and enjoy the game.

Last edited:

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Just a quick question. I'll look at the older messages later... Better?
View attachment 3134734
That just oozes professionalism and accessibility. Such a beautiful design. It's extremely easy to understand! That looks amazing! :BootyTime::love:(y)

On a completely different note, I'm curious why we have to unlock traits through gameplay? Why not have access to all the traits at the start, so we can make ideal characters that would suit our preferred scenarios? I imagine the gameplay would still be a lot of fun without having to unlock traits. I understand the importance of improving a trait since they work on a range, but why not have access to all the traits so we can shape our character how we want?

Despite my question, I still remain highly open minded to the developers vision of why he wants us to unlock traits, maybe there's something I don't understand.

Unlocking traits means we have to play with traits we don't like, thus leading to a bad user experience, no?

It's like I want to play a Rogue in World of Warcraft, but I'm forced to play a Fighter for 4-5 hours first, then I can play a Rogue, why not just let me play a Rogue to begin with? :unsure:

Frankston

Feb 4, 2020
Eh, it's not that weird. IRL, you'd call the mom Mrs. Martin or Sadie Martin Sr. or whatever. You might also elect to call either the mom or daughter Dee, or the daughter Marty. Having a nickname system would help facilitate that.
Yea, for sure bro. It's still going to look a little weird in the map view seeing the name twice like that though. But as long as the game stays stable, stuff like that isn't really a problem.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Golden Crow , some questions from someone utterly new at the game.

Is there some way to "break the ceiling" of a NPC's love infuence? Also trying to get the hang of how to deal with a NPC's Dominance bar, among other things.

I have met some characters here and there who are ludricously resilient for what their stats actually say - when not outright nonsensical in their ways, like the self-admmited two-timing cheater girlfriend of an acquaintance, who won't let you even hug her.

Last edited:

Golden Crow

Game Developer
Jan 28, 2021
They're just overall ugly. IDK why the dev doesn't get an artist to improve the sprites.
For now the sprites are most likely placeholders. Atm I'm working on the definitive version of the sprites. And the reason why I don't get an artist is simple... "Money" :ROFLMAO:
But I assure you that the new sprites are much better.

It's the most fun game I've ever encountered. But I would like to improve the animation a bit. Sometimes the character is a man, but when it's a sexual animation, that male character turns out to be a transvestite and I want to add many careers as well. And thank you for creating this game
I'm on it!

Will we see traps and femboys?
Atm you can play as female trans. Updating the sprites I'll add more options.

Can someone explain this error message:
I'm sorry about that. I'll check it and fix the problem.

Exist a NTR routte in this game? :love: The game looks amazing I want try it! :love:
The game is pretty free... So yes, Your partner can cheat on you.

Does anyone know if there will be any animation design changes in the future?
Yes. I'm working on it right now!

@Golden Crow, can you add images to the patreon updates to show what's new?
Soon I will.

I played a bit of this game a while back and have been glancing at it now and then. I know there's a system that randomly generates NPCs, and that you can adjust your preferences to make some things more common. But a feature that I really wanted, whether through vanilla or a mod, was to be able to customize one or more NPCs to the same extent that you can customize the MC. Kind of like the Sims I guess where you can also create your dream partner(s) and have them also appear in the world as NPCs. Is that possible right now, or no?
You can shape the perfect partner to live with you from beginning. But addind it as neighbor is not possible YET. SOon it will be.

This isn't a linear game so there are no "routes" but it's all pretty much ntr which I'm not a fan of. The problem is that if a save goes on long enough everyone develops relationships that are so high that even if they're loyal and have the lowest "chance to cheat" possible they'll still have sex with their closest friends. What's more, npcs can't catch one another cheating nor can they break up so eventually most games end up being a consequence free cuck off.
Interesting. From my tests, loyal chars stay loyal. I might need to check if this is really happening.

I think the most important is work on art and animations, the game already has a lot of differents features. I will really like different standing pose and attitude for differents npc, maybe based on their personality using the color and of course rework sex animations.
This is my next planned update. I'm working into giving this body language to chars through different body poses.

I know we can influence fetishes, but is there any way to remove or add a personality trait of a character, or are those traits locked in permanently?
There are some traits that can be changed and some that cannot be changed (for now). Trtaists based on fetishes can be manipulated. Traits based on stats (energy, hunger, etc.) cannot be changed.

Thanks you so much for your answer I'll try the game hehe :love: One last question, I can catch a npc having sex with my partner? Or isn't exist that option ingame? I'm fan of the cuck pov :giggle:
Yes! It can happen. I need to improve it, but it's already in game.

it's either a bug or new "feature" because these 2 options now can lead to incest, as long as they are horny (if you have cheats on just click on sex/social low (needy))
It's a bug and I fixed it already. Thank you for let me know about this!

I'm having the same problem, it keeps crashing no matter what I do. If anyone can help the would be much appreciated
I'm working to fix this problem. Sorry about that.

There is also a cuck stat that determines how characters react to seeing and also partaking in it. Frankly the game seems more like an ntr simulator than anything else, you'll probably like it but keep in mind that the dialogue and animations get repetitive quick.
It's only a ntr simulator if the player plays like it. The player can choose to play like a fuckboy and go around fucking married people. Or just get involved with single people. That's the point of the game. Give the player the choice on how to play it. (y)

From what I tested even if you place interest in cheating at the absolute minimum at worldgen there will still be some npcs that generate liking it or are neutral to it. That doesn't seem to matter however as even after adjusting all of the stats via cheating to make the partner of my test character as loyal as possible it still resulted in cheating when one of their past sexual partners wanted to have sex.
I'll check this behavior. This is not supposed to be like this. While playing, I never had a loyal char cheating on MC. I'll do more tests on it.

This is how the traits menu should look like, so it's not confusing. I really hope the dev sees this.
Thank you for this post. If you have more insights like this, please let me know... So we can build the perfect game.

Is it normal that option 5 does not appear?
In your first run, yes. Traits must be unlocked. You can unlock it using cheats if you want.

It's a little weird honestly seeing a mother/daughter duo sharing the same name.
You could play on lotto... The chance of this to happen is really small. To be honest I didn't even consider this happening. And I don't really mind so much. It's common to have not just mother/daughter, father/son with same name, but also generations with the same name. It happens...

On a completely different note, I'm curious why we have to unlock traits through gameplay? Why not have access to all the traits at the start, so we can make ideal characters that would suit our preferred scenarios? I imagine the gameplay would still be a lot of fun without having to unlock traits. I understand the importance of improving a trait since they work on a range, but why not have access to all the traits so we can shape our character how we want?
In the context of the game, you can see traits as "levels" in an rpg game. And having all traits unlocked is like having all chars unlocked in a fight game (Like in Tekken..."). Or like starting a pokemon game with lv100 team... This is one of the challenges of the game. Through the game play you will "build" your set of traits, making choices that will lead your char to become what you want. Hence I made it possible to unlock it using cheats, for players who doesn't want to go through this challenge.

@Golden Crow , some questions from someone utterly new at the game.

Is there some way to "break the ceiling" of a NPC's love infuence? Also trying to get the hang of how to deal with a NPC's Dominance bar, among other things.

I have met some characters here and there who are ludricously resilient for what their stats actually say - when not outright nonsensical in their ways, like the self-admmited two-timing cheater girlfriend of an acquaintance, who won't let you even hug her.
You can see this using cheats for any char you're interacting with.
1701623889345.png
To "break" those barriers, you need to fill each piece of this composition.

Temporary: Is that points that appears in notifications when you interact with chars. Can change quickly.

Long Tern: Each time you meet a char you know, this point goes up. Imagine this. You study with a friend. After school times you spend years without seeing each other. But that small friendship still there unchanged. I don't know if I made this clear.

Money: When you give money or a gift to a person, this goes up. This is a comparison. If you're the person who game more money to this char, this will be at max. Else, this will be a percentage of this value.

Knowledge: This goes up when you learn more things about the char and let the char learn more things about you.

Fun: How much fun this person had with you. Works like money. It's a comparison.

Sex: Same as fun and money, but for sex.
**Additional detail: Money, Knoledge, Fun ,Sex is what will define the trait, golddiger, Likes fun, Likes Sex, Likes Attentive person.

Good good?!

Last edited:

FSDL

Nov 29, 2016
For now the sprites are most likely placeholders. Atm I'm working on the definitive version of the sprites. And the reason why I don't get an artist is simple... "Money" :ROFLMAO:

I'm on it!

Atm you can play as female trans. Updating the sprites I'll add more options.

I'm sorry about that. I'll check it and fix the problem.

The game is pretty free... So yes, Your partner can cheat on you.

Yes. I'm working on it right now!

Soon I will.

You can shape the perfect partner to live with you from beginning. But addind it as neighbor is not possible YET. SOon it will be.

Interesting. From my tests, loyal chars stay loyal. I might need to check if this is really happening.

This is my next planned update. I'm working into giving this body language to chars through different body poses.

There are some traits that can be changed and some that cannot be changed (for now). Trtaists based on fetishes can be manipulated. Traits based on stats (energy, hunger, etc.) cannot be changed.

Yes! It can happen. I need to improve it, but it's already in game.

It's a bug and I fixed it already. Thank you for let me know about this!

I'm working to fix this problem. Sorry about that.

It's only a ntr simulator if the player plays like it. The player can choose to play like a fuckboy and go around fucking married people. Or just get involved with single people. That's the point of the game. Give the player the choice on how to play it. (y)

I'll check this behavior. This is not supposed to be like this. While playing, I never had a loyal char cheating on MC. I'll do more tests on it.

Thank you for this post. If you have more insights like this, please let me know... So we can build the perfect game.

In your first run, yes. Traits must be unlocked. You can unlock it using cheats if you want.

You could play on lotto... The chance of this to happen is really small. To be honest I didn't even consider this happening. And I don't really mind so much. It's common to have not just mother/daughter, father/son with same name, but also generations with the same name. It happens...

In the context of the game, you can see traits as "levels" in an rpg game. And having all traits unlocked is like having all chars unlocked in a fight game (Like in Tekken..."). Or like starting a pokemon game with lv100 team... This is one of the challenges of the game. Through the game play you will "build" your set of traits, making choices that will lead your char to become what you want. Hence I made it possible to unlock it using cheats, for players who doesn't want to go through this challenge.

View attachment 3139206

Temporary: Is that points that appears in notifications when you interact with chars. Can change quickly.

Long Tern: Each time you meet a char you know, this point goes up. Imagine this. You study with a friend. After school times you spend years without seeing each other. But that small friendship still there unchanged. I don't know if I made this clear.

Money: When you give money or a gift to a person, this goes up. This is a comparison. If you're the person who game more money to this char, this will be at max. Else, this will be a percentage of this value.

Knowledge: This goes up when you learn more things about the char and let the char learn more things about you.

Fun: How much fun this person had with you. Works like money. It's a comparison.

**Additional detail: Money, Knoledge, Fun ,Sex is what will define the trait, golddiger, Likes fun, Likes Sex, Likes Attentive person.

Good good?!
Your game is becoming more interesting with every update. Good on you!

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Really want to see this wherever next update comes out.

View attachment 3139206

Good good?!
Total "this raised more questions than answers" moment there. Either i'm misunderstanding something or some bits that should be active are not - or me too blind to look into the right place, quite possible in fact. Guess i'll copy that and take some time trying to digest everything. Thanks a lot anyway.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I really hope you don't hurry up with that. Spending money on artist, interacting with him, making him work and do what's needed, and also ensuring he's reliable might complicate development so much more, slowing it as a result. As long as the core systems get updated and game will become more complex quicker, i'm all in for "placeholder" sprites until the end. If the system is good, sprites can be modified later by enthusiasts, but if the systems are lacking and only the picture is pretty - they just might have no interest in doing that. People probably often complain about sprites, but really, they're less important than the game being completed.

Man, imagine it'll actually become like Lifeplay/Artificial Academy? It'll be another game that's playable to death, and it's closer and closer to that. Though it does need a lot of additional stuff for that, like events and text. Personality-specific text, like in AA, might work too.

Spillthebeans

Jun 21, 2017
My test save was about 20-25 days in to the first month, the target character that my test character asked to date already had 5+ sexual partners with whom they appeared to have a very high disposition towards as at first they would decline dating with the reason being they had someone else in mind. Keys were exchanged and no more than a day later they're banging other people in my characters house. Asked them to move in, same situation. Voyeurism and cheating was set to minimum and their chance to cheat stat was low but not completely gone but they had the "loyal" trait.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Ngl, implementing yanderes like Artificial Academy 2 would be cool as fuck. Terrifying, but also would be interesting. Or even just criminals in general.
Well, the nightclub owner in my last play gets angry/jealous faces over my character flirting with any women - even though he never sexed and barely interacted with her - does that count? :KEK:

As an aside, how does one unlock doing rimjobs, or is it not implemented yet?

• Wow
Reactions: Necronlord5

samsilly12345

Oct 21, 2022

Weniger anzeigen
Hello my friends! I hope everything is fine with you!
I'm just passing to update about the situation of our next update. I'm still finishing some interactions for this update. I got carried by the new sprites, beside my own work that has been a little bit time consuming latelly.
Anyways, I could change/add some codes that I had in mind for a better game experience in the future. As I mentioned somewhere previously, I want to add the idea of races/ethnicities in Influencing. It will involve appearance, names and the entire package. I intend to add some type of choice to the city creator for random generation or based on ethnicities, which can be defined and edited by the players themselves.
I'm working on a tutorial as well to release with the next update. This tutorial will be aimed at those who like to modify the game. I'm adding openings in the code for almost every request you make. It will even be possible to modify the texts of sex scenes. The idea is to make Influencing a real community game. I want to create a strong mod community.
With that being said, I want to share one thing that I have been messing around for the ethnicities. Take a look:

I'm still testing it, but I'll probably release this feature that will allow players to create customized colors for eye, hair and skin. As you can see in the first picture, I'm using a code that identifies colors so that the idea of ethnicities works viably. I can't use the RGB value in ethnicities, because small changes will not allow the game to identify it. So using a range will make it do.
And to finish this post, I want to say that I'm planning to release the next update at the end of October or November's start if my work do not allow me to do it. The version is already well underway and I believe it is "almost" good enough to be released. As I mentioned in the last post, this update will be a little simpler than the others, so I can pay attention to the final sprites.
Good good?

This is it for now my friends! Have a good rest of week, TAKE CARE and have Fun!
Heard you were in a car crash according to the replies! Feel better soon man and I look forward to the revamp or whatever. About to download Android version now

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 44 Votes