The_Framed

Apr 28, 2022
Can anyone help I whenever I talk to the goblin chick she just goes away I've gotten up to the part where she gets drunk I don't know if I should restart or if anyone can help me whenever I try to talk to her the MC always says "it's too awkward now". Also I saw those planned tags looks rather interesting.

Drewbie

Oct 21, 2017
Spent a lot of time playing through just about all of the content, it was pretty good actually. Even the gameplay loop I liked. Only thing that disappointed me is I spent a lot of time trying to find the futa from the tags, only to eventually discover who it was referring to and it was a pretty small thing (in more ways than one, lol). Couldn't even so much as touch the futa dick!

Oh well, that's just me though. Good job on the game so far.

Reactions: dagotto

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Spent a lot of time playing through just about all of the content, it was pretty good actually. Even the gameplay loop I liked. Only thing that disappointed me is I spent a lot of time trying to find the futa from the tags, only to eventually discover who it was referring to and it was a pretty small thing (in more ways than one, lol). Couldn't even so much as touch the futa dick!

Oh well, that's just me though. Good job on the game so far.
If you come back for the next patch, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised ;)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Drewbie

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
After updating the savegame from 0.035a to 0.04b and then from 0.04b to 0.045 I get this when I try to click the map. And then it opens the inventory, not the map. Also, the new "barroom" yields the same error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/screensetup.rpy", line 1329, in execute
  File "game/screensetup.rpy", line 1371, in execute
  File "game/screensetup.rpy", line 1371, in <module>
NameError: name 'sachaLocation' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 2477, in script
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in <lambda>
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22083102
Inn Another World 0.045
Wed Nov  2 02:50:20 2022

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
After updating the savegame from 0.035a to 0.04b and then from 0.04b to 0.045 I get this when I try to click the map. And then it opens the inventory, not the map. Also, the new "barroom" yields the same error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 2477, in script
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in interact_core
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\core.py", line 3808, in <lambda>
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Games\Inn Another World\renpy\display\screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22083102
Inn Another World 0.045
Wed Nov  2 02:50:20 2022
Huh, that's definitely a problem with not recognizing a new variable that I added in 0.04, I'm not sure why it wouldn't update correctly. I'll take a look at the save upgrade system to make sure it's working properly.

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
OK, seriously, ENOUGH with the "give them some time and come back several days later" storyline developments! You do this ALL the time and it's NEVER not bad. This kind of thing is only acceptable when there are other things for the player to go and do in the meantime- but since the patches contain so little content, usually only with 1 girl getting significant storyline advancement and maybe a couple of individual scenes for one or two others, there's not enough to do after having finished all the previous content, so we just end up having to waste time. I finally get Camilla to let me into the library again and talk to me, and now Sacha's "not in the mood for chatting". It's just frustrating.

More importantly, this also exacerbates the imbalance with the money and stat systems, as being forced to lets weeks pass needlessly while having nothing productive to do except repeat stat-boosting, money-earning jobs has resulted in us having more money than we could ever spend and stats that are all maxed out by default. It's going to create a serious balance issue that will inhibit the game's development further on and require a total rework.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this in how many different game threads, but padding is NOT "content". Just take all the bits where you have to leave a girl alone for several days before you can proceed with her story and... get rid of them. Or if you absolutely MUST, never make the wait longer than a single day. I don't care if it's meant to be "realistic", it's just annoying.

Oh, and on an unrelated issue, I'd just like to continue my regular feedback on certain aspects of the character designs. It doesn't make sense for Camilla to wrap her arms around the part of her coils just below her waist when she's sitting down the way a normal person would do with their knees, because those aren't legs. She's pulling part of her stomach up against her... upper stomach. And while the lamia body is flexible, it doesn't have actual joints there the way humans do in out hips and knees, so it'd be distinctly uncomfortable for her. A more lamia-appropriate equivalent self-protective position would be if she hugged the END of her tail up against her body.

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
OK, seriously, ENOUGH with the "give them some time and come back several days later" storyline developments! You do this ALL the time and it's NEVER not bad. This kind of thing is only acceptable when there are other things for the player to go and do in the meantime- but since the patches contain so little content, usually only with 1 girl getting significant storyline advancement and maybe a couple of individual scenes for one or two others, there's not enough to do after having finished all the previous content, so we just end up having to waste time. I finally get Camilla to let me into the library again and talk to me, and now Sacha's "not in the mood for chatting". It's just frustrating.

More importantly, this also exacerbates the imbalance with the money and stat systems, as being forced to lets weeks pass needlessly while having nothing productive to do except repeat stat-boosting, money-earning jobs has resulted in us having more money than we could ever spend and stats that are all maxed out by default. It's going to create a serious balance issue that will inhibit the game's development further on and require a total rework.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this in how many different game threads, but padding is NOT "content". Just take all the bits where you have to leave a girl alone for several days before you can proceed with her story and... get rid of them. Or if you absolutely MUST, never make the wait longer than a single day. I don't care if it's meant to be "realistic", it's just annoying.

Oh, and on an unrelated issue, I'd just like to continue my regular feedback on certain aspects of the character designs. It doesn't make sense for Camilla to wrap her arms around the part of her coils just below her waist when she's sitting down the way a normal person would do with their knees, because those aren't legs. She's pulling part of her stomach up against her... upper stomach. And while the lamia body is flexible, it doesn't have actual joints there the way humans do in out hips and knees, so it'd be distinctly uncomfortable for her. A more lamia-appropriate equivalent self-protective position would be if she hugged the END of her tail up against her body.
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I will take another look at the delays in the game. Generally, when I include delays like that, I'm thinking about new players coming into the game, but I can understand how they might be frustrating for a returning player. I just like story pacing, I suppose, it's the writer within me ^^;

As for the money and stat systems, I acknowledge they don't have the best balance at the moment. Once I over haul the main inn keeping mechanic, I plan to take another look at both stats and money, hopefully to make them more balanced.

As for the Camilla scene, I certainly understand that it may not be the most realistic, but please forgive my artist's instinct to make things more relatable to humans. I mean, it's an entire world made of magic, I think lamia sitting a little unconventionally isn't that hard to forgive.

Reactions: HogRocket

Futaba

Jul 9, 2017
how can i get to meet charlie? i've already got all the inn's upgrades but i can't find her.
what am i missing?

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
how can i get to meet charlie? i've already got all the inn's upgrades but i can't find her.
what am i missing?
Charlie can be met inside Beth's storyline, so start making friends with that cowgirl!

Reactions: Futaba

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I will take another look at the delays in the game. Generally, when I include delays like that, I'm thinking about new players coming into the game, but I can understand how they might be frustrating for a returning player. I just like story pacing, I suppose, it's the writer within me ^^;

As for the money and stat systems, I acknowledge they don't have the best balance at the moment. Once I over haul the main inn keeping mechanic, I plan to take another look at both stats and money, hopefully to make them more balanced.

As for the Camilla scene, I certainly understand that it may not be the most realistic, but please forgive my artist's instinct to make things more relatable to humans. I mean, it's an entire world made of magic, I think lamia sitting a little unconventionally isn't that hard to forgive.
I'm glad you're still open to accepting feedback. I always get narky when creators get defensive and dismissive of my criticisms so I appreciate someone who listens and thinks about what I say, rather than just responding with "if you don't like it, make your own game". Hell, I just got banned from the Steam forum of another game for saying (not rudely) that I didn't like the new art, and then calling them out when they deleted my comment, so THAT game's getting a negative review.

I assumed that the delays were intended to affect the game when it's being played from the start once its complete, when there's always going to be something else to do while you have to wait to progress with the girl you want. But even taking that into account... what's the point? The simple question is: how does it actually make the game better to force you to wait to do what you want to do? It doesn't matter if it's "realistic" that sometimes a girl needs a bit of space and time to think, this is a game.

But I think you're approaching the character design from the wrong angle. They're monstergirls. You don't have to worry about making them "relatable to humans". They're attractive because of how they're different from normal human girls, that's the entire core of their appeal. You shouldn't be thinking about how to make a snake girl more like a human girl. If you don't feel like redrawing it that's fine, but it's something you should take onboard going forward.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Drewbie

Oct 21, 2017
lol no need to pretend that you know what would or wouldn't be comfortable for a lamia, they're fictional magical monster people come on. Maybe they just wanna curl up like a fetus sometimes

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I like this game, most of design choices are really neat, graphics are fine and unique and characters are interesting, but I will not rate it because some parts of the game would make me rate it pretty low just because this game is just not for me. While animal traits on monster girls are fine by me and even king of neat, animal parts are a major turn off for me, while for the intended audience they are propably a plus.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Huh, that's definitely a problem with not recognizing a new variable that I added in 0.04, I'm not sure why it wouldn't update correctly. I'll take a look at the save upgrade system to make sure it's working properly.
Alright. Let me know if you need an updated savegame from 0.3x to check it.

FYI this is not just sacha, but also sonia, rits, and gregor (possibly others once I go further).

Perhaps something like this fx in 00_locationsFix.rpy:

Code:
init python:
    if not hasattr(store,"sachaLocation"):
        sachaLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"ritsLocation"):
        ritsLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"soniaLocation"):
        soniaLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"gregorLocation"):
        gregorLocation = None

EDIT: seems to work. I am attaching a fix to extract into the game. I also notified moderators about this so that people may be able to find this, if they experience the same bug. Feel free to add it to the game too.

04.11.2022: Added another missing variable (veraTriedAnal)

Last edited:

dagotto

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Alright. Let me know if you need an updated savegame from 0.3x to check it.

FYI this is not just sacha, but also sonia, rits, and gregor (possibly others once I go further).

Perhaps something like this fx in 00_locationsFix.rpy:

Code:
init python:
    if not hasattr(store,"sachaLocation"):
        sachaLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"ritsLocation"):
        ritsLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"soniaLocation"):
        soniaLocation = None
    if not hasattr(store,"gregorLocation"):
        gregorLocation = None

EDIT: seems to work. I am attaching a fix to extract into the game. I also notified moderators about this so that people may be able to find this, if they experience the same bug. Feel free to add it to the game too.
Ohhhh, this seems very useful. I'm not super familiar with python, I didn't know it had a function like this. Thanks for the suggestion!

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Ohhhh, this seems very useful. I'm not super familiar with python, I didn't know it had a function like this. Thanks for the suggestion!
You're welcome. It is a cool renpy feature (one of the very few "cool" things about it in my opinion, being extremely slow and basically running on an extinct interpreter) but there are (possibly many) more missing variables. I just stumbled upon veraTriedAnal which Renpy also didn't know about (and threw an exception).

So I am updating my script as I go along.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
Is there any futa content yet in general, also, will there be any futa on MC content in the future?

4.30 star(s) 27 Votes