Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
You should just summon her again, and it triggers. Informally of course.
This is the big issue with your game....everything is excessively convoluted with steps that simply make no logical connection and no hints given at all. Love the art, even love the story and while heavy in dialogue I actually enjoy it. The endless running around in circles and clicking pointlessly and trying to use items on things randomly is just annoying as hell. As for things like basic peeking.....yu grind stats up and then go to use and get stat x + ??? with a vague comment about needing to find another excuse to peek...added to slow H content are you really trying to get people to rage quit?

ILikeThat

Jul 22, 2017
So, I chose Luna's route and have learned about the Swimsuit failure (I did the whole "swimsuits in a week" thing). I heard I'm supposed to talk to Snape to finish this "quest"/chapter right? I've invited him to drink 3 times now, but no progress. Do I need to talk to someone or what needs to happen?

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
This is the big issue with your game....everything is excessively convoluted with steps that simply make no logical connection and no hints given at all. Love the art, even love the story and while heavy in dialogue I actually enjoy it. The endless running around in circles and clicking pointlessly and trying to use items on things randomly is just annoying as hell. As for things like basic peeking.....yu grind stats up and then go to use and get stat x + ??? with a vague comment about needing to find another excuse to peek...added to slow H content are you really trying to get people to rage quit?
It's the first iteration of the Ginny quest, not everything will be perfect. I will add some text to clarify though, thanks!

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
So, I chose Luna's route and have learned about the Swimsuit failure (I did the whole "swimsuits in a week" thing). I heard I'm supposed to talk to Snape to finish this "quest"/chapter right? I've invited him to drink 3 times now, but no progress. Do I need to talk to someone or what needs to happen?
Try watching the video on our youtube channel:

wastgyr

Jun 4, 2019
Try watching the video on our youtube channel:
Hey Joe, In current version with save you provided I cannot peek at Luna. Is this a bug/glitch or do we need to playthrough differently to trigger it?

Reactions: Moosy

BatmanTheShot

May 14, 2018
Ginny's diary is in the Gryffindor tower, under the teddy. if you need that?

If you need to speak to Flitwick? I had this probelm aswell, I fixed it by talking to both Minerva and Helena Ravenclaw about charms and he then appeared in Ravenclaw tower. (I believe in the walkthrough it says you only needed to speak to Minerva)

But I dont know how far you are into the chapter so..? Have you done the snitch minigame?
Yes, I've done the snitch minigame, in the main quest line I am currently investigating the problems of prefects' meetings.

EDIT: I have talked to Minerva, Snape, Helena Ravenclaw and Amelia Bones and I still cant even click on the Ravenclaw tower (it doesnt get highlighted when I am hovering as well). I can only click on the Slytherin tower.

Last edited:

F22232425

Dec 2, 2017
Too grindy, the last game I remember grindy like this is
called "Big Brother" also made by a team of Russian where usually there are several days "cool down" between events.

Basically, it just keeps imposing the "cool down" mechanics like X-ray and Ability Practice
to increase your game time. The dialogue is also boring.

Hopefully, there will be a mod or cheat to remove those boring restrictions.

Reactions: Jon Humbert

ThunderStruck

Dec 1, 2017
I don't believe that this was posted, or if it's a bug or not, but I got Ginny's diary before I chose a waifu and after was unable to chose Hermione as waifu. When I click on Gryffindor dorm it doesn't trigger the scene where you meet the girl, but it just takes me to Gryffindoor sleeping quarters. It works fine for the rest of the girls.

adon1s

Jan 20, 2018
Looking for some help, stuck on giving the glove to Ginny. I've sent it with correspondence each time, and am stuck with her coming on Wednesdays asking if there's anything else I've thought of. Is there a specific day I need to send it on? And none of the girls recognize gifts if they're sent informally, so when I send Ginny the glove formally, she just says to contact her informally.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
The current walkthrough along with our maxed save has been added to the first page of the thread. There is no blacked out text in the walkthrough here as that breaks with PDFs. Epubs won't upload and are the only offline format that handle the google docs black highlighting properly afaik.

Vyris

Aug 8, 2017
The current walkthrough along with our maxed save has been added to the first page of the thread. There is no blacked out text in the walkthrough here as that breaks with PDFs. Epubs won't upload and are the only offline format that handle the google docs black highlighting properly afaik.
The walkthrough link on the first page doesn't work. I says page not found

ffsdddfdfdsfdsf

May 19, 2019
So the public version 0.3.1F is released, it's time to focus on versions 0.4

If I can apply,
it would be useful to unify the logic and theme of the whole game.

Now we have three different approaches:
Prolog - Act 3 (old team management):
Basically a completely linear part, where there is no interesting or funny thing,
too much text, and the choices you make in the selections don't matter.

Act 4 (old and new management mixed procedures):
A popular swimsuit quest where half of players don't know what to do.
Because the solution process hint is revealed to player by the hat AFTER the quest has been resolved - brilliant
A typical sign of this act - lack of money
(by the way, who come with that the catcher glove costs 100 + 1 coins?)

Act 5 (New Management):
introduction of new content, portraits,
girl's minigames, the opportunity to make money, finally.
But now you don't need the money so much, now the game requires upgrading skills.

As a example of future options good, many promissing options
but now a lot of unfinished paths (grayed options or options and dialogs now doing nothing).

My sugestions:
It would be good to shorten the prologue and the first three acts.
And maybe a little swap with scenes and mechanics.

In truth, the lake maiden scene could be used later in the game, for example in a quest. Now it brings nothing except seashells.

And the scene with McGonagal would also be better later in the game, for example when she needs to be persuaded to do or agree with something.

Alcoholic episode is useless.

On the contrary, here, at the beginning of game we could start study IMVOIS and start making and saving money for later.
Maybe some scene with Nola, could be good. After all she's the first girl we meet in castle.
Or We can start playing girl's minigames and gaining their support and favor step by step.

As I understand from the posts, here on forum.
It is creation of new scenes and characters that takes the most time.
So isn't possible to use the already created environment (Dumbledor's office, dorms, etc.) and characters for some interesting quest at the beginning of the game?

In Act 4, make sure that the quest hint is shown BEFORE the quest and not after.
And now the game would look a little better and more interesting.

Now everything interesting and tempting is in last Act and nothing at beginning of game.

Good luck

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
I'm liking the art style, but I have to agree with Sinphil. The quests need some rework to make them less annoying. I'm only up to the part with the swimsuits. That quest is so... just annoying. I stopped playing it halfway through that quest and I just haven't picked the game back up again. I have the walkthrough, and I watched the youtube videos, but a lot of the logic is escaping me about why we are taking the suits, and then returning them. Maybe I missed a line or something, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

Reactions: Simon7

gsuk

Jul 31, 2018
Still stuck on Ginny. I've invited her over loads of time. I have snitch and glove but the opportunity to release the snitch does not happen. We sit for a lesson on "focusing" and drink butterbeer and that's it. And no, the diary isn't under the bear either, on any day. I suspect a bug,.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Still stuck on Ginny. I've invited her over loads of time. I have snitch and glove but the opportunity to release the snitch does not happen. We sit for a lesson on "focusing" and drink butterbeer and that's it. And no, the diary isn't under the bear either, on any day. I suspect a bug,.
Summon her with the window closed, there is a logic flaw we are aware of if you just skip summoning her formally initially.

ILikeThat

Jul 22, 2017
Hey, does anyone remember the instructions from Amelia Bones about cooking/baking with Susan? Kinda sped-clicked past it.

3.00 star(s) 322 Votes