Mar 18, 2019
I'm lost, I downloaded saves and stuff from somewhere mentioned a couple of pages back but I've no idea how to access...anything? I've went everywhere around the school and shit all happens and looking at the memories tab shows nothing even on the title screen.

Are those saves just totally empty?
Memories require the persistent file. I've never used saves so hopefully someone else can help you there.

Lenor

Aug 3, 2019
1 - close the game.
2 - delete the folder C:\Users\ →YOUR USERNAME← \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\persistent
3 - delete persistent file from these folders ↓ C:\Users\ →YOUR USERNAME← \AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Innocent-Witches-0-6-8 Innocent Witches 0.6.4 final pc\game\saves
4 - download new one from the site, unzip the archive and put it in these 2 folders

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Memories require the persistent file. I've never used saves so hopefully someone else can help you there.
It worked eventually but I've no idea why because I kept the game closed and all that when changing stuff.

In any case I'm glad I never decided to play it legit for all the time it must take to get those scenes wow they're ridiculously tame.

ElectricArc

Nov 29, 2018
There’s a bug where when you load a save, you don’t keep the achievements that you had earned previously. I also lost all of the clothes I had purchased for Sonya

Last edited:

Lolipopz

Dec 14, 2019
It worked eventually but I've no idea why because I kept the game closed and all that when changing stuff.

In any case I'm glad I never decided to play it legit for all the time it must take to get those scenes wow they're ridiculously tame.
same here i tried to add memories for the first time didint work played it for a couple of hours add the file again got all the memories

Nov 21, 2017
Checked the saves and Persistent from here :
unlocked everything in Memories tab. There is nothing "???" there, so just follow the instructions and load the first save. Than hop back to the menu and you should have access to everything in memories tab. Including dates, bonus shower scenes, every girls' minigames, Hermione's new rune scene and her new minigame, Daphne's scene, private tutor stuff etc. Basically everything
How'd the save get so much money and have stats at 25 at the start of chapter 5? Oh well, this is how I'd like to start the game XD

Thanks a ton for the save and Persistent file!

• Haha
Reactions: Zirael Q

deskitteh

Apr 6, 2018
These last few updates have added some major spark. Devs, I like the introduction of Cho Chang, if even for a moment. Some fresh dialogue. Hermione's bit of fun. The beautiful, colorful statuette minigame. It hearkens back to old-school Ukranian made MSN type seek and find games, which is oddly wonderful because initially that's what so drew me to your artstyle and gameplay in the first place. I really respect your willingness to add, you know, games to your game- and the rewards after especially. You know what I mean. I'm still a big fan of the game of chance and block puzzle mini-games, (even though I cheater-cheated on game of chance). There's clear artistic development here with the colors and puzzle system in the statuette mini-game, and I enjoy that part of your work greatly. Seeing the art develop is such a joy. There's something to be said about the amazing progress you've been making with the new members added to your dev team.

You have some some incredible polish work. A monkey can figure out the swimsuits quest with their hand held on the skip button now- which is great.
If anybody complains about the swimsuits quest, I genuinely couldn't agree less with such complaints now.

Devs, your work is outstanding. I see you over there unlocking the important updates for all of us. I sometimes don't log in since I never use this site out of incognito, but I see you there. Thank you for taking the worries of your community with stride and delivering security.

The new update has added some wonderful small tidbit of content, which is to say a lot more working between the lines. The game feels more streamlined, clean and orientated to working well. Good work! It almost feels like I never had a reason to worry in the first place. I'm glad, because I like this game a lot, and I like following its development. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Weimn

Nov 10, 2018
You have some some incredible polish work. A monkey can figure out the swimsuits quest with their hand held on the skip button now- which is great.
If anybody complains about the swimsuits quest, I genuinely couldn't agree less with such complaints now.

Devs, your work is outstanding. I see you over there unlocking the important updates for all of us. I sometimes don't log in since I never use this site out of incognito, but I see you there. Thank you for taking the worries of your community with stride and delivering security.

The new update has added some wonderful small tidbit of content, which is to say a lot more working between the lines. The game feels more streamlined, clean and orientated to working well. Good work! It almost feels like I never had a reason to worry in the first place. I'm glad, because I like this game a lot, and I like following its development. Keep up the good work!
This is the most ironic shit i've read so far.

Reactions: jiznic

dopperman

Nov 3, 2018
So I have some gripes with this game and I figure its time to write them down. Cause why not, and maybe the developers can learn something.

• The minigames are designed to maximize time, not fun
This I guess is the major error the game makes. The only function of every single minigame is to extend the playtime. At least that is the only reason I can think of for adding boring RNG based games. They have no bearing on the story except gaining an incremental small reward and forcing the player to spend time. The developers probably think that "6 hours playtime" is a goal in itself, but they are wrong. This is game design 101 people - a fun 30 minute game will sell better than a boring 6 hour game.

1. Solving hermiones sliding puzzle 9 freaking times. Thank god for the cheat function, but if you have to add one maybe dont use that puzzle. Now the sliding puzzle could be used in a fun way - paintings in this universe can talk! Make them scrambled and force us to solve the paintings to talk to them (one time per painting, not 9 times). There, you have a minigame that makes sense and doesnt require a cheat function (3x3 puzzle is time consuming enough).
  2. Daphnes "expression guessing" minigame. What the hell developers? How am I supposed to guess this? There is no "game part" of it, its just random chance. Solving this (i.e getting every expression, guessing the right color and somehow remembering them all to actually choose correctly) would take something like 66 attempts. I want to know if the developers hate me or something. Now this puzzle could actually make sense if you just add a visual clue. Simply add different nail and lip colours. Red lips and white nails? Pink underwear. Blue and red? Purple. Make minigames that are solvable and fun. I realize the developers are amateurs, but please google "game design" and read at least the summary.
  3. Snapes drinking game (on hard). What the hell? See my comment on daphnes minigame above cause this is just the same but even worse since you have more options.
  4. The bathing suit "minigame" (this is actually not a minigame but its called one in the thread). This is just poor design. In my playtrough, Hermione wears the school outfit. Im supposed to give her outfit to the other girls (but she donsnt wear it!). I have no idea which outfit is hermiones. Every girl has every kind of bathing suit on her clothing line. Why? Is this a bug or something? Game should be: Every girl has ONE bathing suit in their room. This way I can know which is which.
  5. Lunas sleeping puzzle. Ok, this is actually not terrible, except the implementation. Why do I have to do this like 100 times? And why oh god would I need to remember trivial details of the conversations with Luna? And why so many details? There are 18 (+2) different guestions. Why do you want me to remember this? There is, as far as I can tell, no way to ask her about this again. A better design would have maybe 6 questions, that the player can guess from canon or something, not trivial details from the conversations. And this ties in to my next gripe.
The second problem I have with the game is the writing. Specifically the amount of it. Now, a classic error of amateur authors is getting proud of what they have written. They want people to see it. This is why editors are a thing, they cut the bad parts. They tell the authors evil things like "cut this" or "shorten this". This nifty little function is what creates readable litterature and hones the authors skill to write it.

This is probably hard for the game makers to understand, but no one wants to read 10 000 words that have no bearing on the game. Again, 30 minutes of fun is better than 6 hours of boring. If I worked on this game I would probably cut the word count by about 60-70% and the player would still get the same information. Im really not sure how to say this so the developers would understand - but the goal of having text in a game (i.e. conversations with NPCs) is to tell the player things. Not to make players spend time.

• The main takeaway for the developers if they ever read this
When designing a game (minigame) - first design the game. This means make a fun puzzle then write the story around it. This game seemingly got it wrong. Someone wrote a part where we undress hermione. Then they want to add a challange to it, so they add a sliding puzzle to make it harder. This is bad cause they loose the aim of game development in the process (make something fun). What should have happened is that an editor (or producer) steps in and says "stop".

• If I hate it then why do I play it?
Cause this game has the best god damn nsfw hogwarts fan art I've ever seen. Know your strengths and play to them.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes