• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
In that case it would be up to the writer/competent translator to seek out awkward sentences and promptly rewrite parts of the script, which is why I suggested it.
What you're describing is an editor. Writers can't review their own work, since they're biased.

Reactions: WeaselX

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
In that case it would be up to the writer/competent translator to seek out awkward sentences and promptly rewrite parts of the script, which is why I suggested it. I know you personally won't be able to accurately pinpoint what does or doesn't read awkwardly since english isn't your native language. You would need examples and, for native english speakers who casually play your game, that's too tedious as they would have to point out what is awkward and why it's awkward. Patreons also have a tendency to accept what they are given because they pay for it and have personal biases-- and that applies to everything, not just this game.

In the end if your goal is to satisfy patreons, then you'll (almost) always be doing fine. If your goal is to make something that appeals to people beyond your patreons, and satisfies your personal standards, that's where you will struggle. And it's up to you if you think that's worth the effort.
We already adapt jokes, phrases, proverbs, etc. in the game into English, I just want examples of where and why the text is allegedly translated incorrectly or meaning is lost

Appo@

Jul 14, 2018
Hi I got the last version for mac (0.9a) but the game exits telling me it's not the most recent version. What can I do?

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Hi I got the last version for mac (0.9a) but the game exits telling me it's not the most recent version. What can I do?
Download for free public version 0.8.4B or be a patron for the latest 0.9B

Reactions: Appo@

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Can't be an old plot. It says version 9beta.... Still no progress. I tried everything but no senes..
In 0.9B you can choose old plot or new plot to play. If you have any question feel free to ask in our discord

XBlank1

Dec 9, 2018
In 0.9B you can choose old plot or new plot to play. If you have any questions feel free to ask in our discord
OHH so there is now a new plot.. I have been vaisting all this time for nothing......

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
where do you put the code??
To activate the ability to unlock all the memories, as well as to be able to start some of the chapters with lots of gold and high stats, first close the game if it’s running, then create a file named (name of the code) (any extension will do, for example .txt) in the same folder where the game’s executable file is located (Innocent Witches.exe). For MAC the path is Innocent Witches.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/. After that a new option will appear in the Extra section, which will allow you to unlock the memories. Additionally, when starting some of the chapters via the New Game menu, you will get an option to start it with lots of gold and high stats. Game client for Android has this functionality enabled by default, so you don’t need to create any files whatsoever.

If you have any problems with the files above – please visit our official Discord server –

vixen20

Feb 14, 2019
I feel like examples of grammar issues or other hiccups which can be awkward to read out loud can be blamed on the translator rather than the original team members, given the default option seems to lean towards Cyrillic I figure that they're offloading the work of translating into English onto either an outside person or one of their team members who speaks it as a second language.

Either one has obvious risks of being awkward - second languages are rough especially when you go from Cyrillic to Latin and outside workers aren't always 100% reliable.

I love the game so far, personally. The eroticism that exists is enough to keep my invested and it isn't the most convoluted plot despite what some people claim - it's fairly simple to progress as long as you don't insist on the "on your own" option. My only gripe is the abrupt switch from Act 1 to Act 2 without a proper finish to the first. I saw the warning Khan posted too late so that's my fault and I understand the desire to focus on eroticism given the criticism and rewriting of the plot.

When you post updates are you using 0.9 as in, 9/10ths done? Or as in, 9/100 done?

HeavyHands

May 8, 2018
Ok. Using arania exumai as a txt file works as a cheat to make stats and gold high. It DOES NOT unlock all the gallery scenes. What one does? felix felicis and erecto totalus are no good as well.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
I feel like examples of grammar issues or other hiccups which can be awkward to read out loud can be blamed on the translator rather than the original team members, given the default option seems to lean towards Cyrillic I figure that they're offloading the work of translating into English onto either an outside person or one of their team members who speaks it as a second language.

Either one has obvious risks of being awkward - second languages are rough especially when you go from Cyrillic to Latin and outside workers aren't always 100% reliable.

I love the game so far, personally. The eroticism that exists is enough to keep my invested and it isn't the most convoluted plot despite what some people claim - it's fairly simple to progress as long as you don't insist on the "on your own" option. My only gripe is the abrupt switch from Act 1 to Act 2 without a proper finish to the first. I saw the warning Khan posted too late so that's my fault and I understand the desire to focus on eroticism given the criticism and rewriting of the plot.

When you post updates are you using 0.9 as in, 9/10ths done? Or as in, 9/100 done?
0.9 or 0.999 its just a number of version for us to understand what we done (for closed repository) so its just a numbers, example
1653638124016.png

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
Hello i try the game and after 3 chapter of act 1 the game skip to act 2 any way to try next chapter ? or i need to wait until the 2 chapter are made ? I will not skip to act 2 i prefered to wait

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Hello i try the game and after 3 chapter of act 1 the game skip to act 2 any way to try next chapter ? or i need to wait until the 2 chapter are made ? I will not skip to act 2 i prefered to wait
Hello, there is missing chapters 4-5 (1act) that available in old plot, we will remade and include it in 0.10B

3.00 star(s) 318 Votes