Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Scene with Helena: good
rest: meh, they all seem rushed script wise and not accurately build up judging by their previous pacing with character progression
Made scenes with character progression - no content in the game or to much text, made some rush scenes - rushed script wise and not accurately build up judging by their previous pacing with character progression
We try to reach a consensus.

Kraze99

Sep 22, 2017
For the record I already searched through and couldn't find any answer so

Is there a way to advance part 2 of Mermaid's treasure in the new plot? The hint is "Ask around about the shells." The wiki walkthrough says to summon Snape and Minerva, but that's from the old plot and summoning them in the new plot doesn't present any options besides "Allow to leave"

Saymens

Nov 26, 2018
Hello, guys. I couldn't find a decent way to change the stats for a character, so I'm posting my way. Everything works through the Ren`Py console.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now let's move on to the "cheat codes" themselves:
I hope that this method was able to help someone.
Thanks mate, I'm way too used to "Save Editor", completly forgot about the console...
I appreciate it!

Jun 18, 2021
having issues adding the erecto totalus file to get the extras working. Any suggestions? I've greated a blank .txt and added it to the main folder. nothing new seems to be unlocked

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to mod out all the insane pauses built into this game?

There's over 14,000 pauses built into every action and event and while for needed for animation most of the pauses are way too long. Some of these pauses last for 15 seconds. There's a full 1 second pause before dialogue windows start, this is INSANITY.

Every click feels sooooo slow in this game because of all these pauses built into every action.

Will someone please try and help me figure out how to mod this out?

1686692240470.png

1686692353272.png

1686692202819.png

FadingBlack

Feb 23, 2021
Does anyone know of a way to mod out all the insane pauses built into this game?

There's over 14,000 pauses built into every action and event and while for needed for animation most of the pauses are way too long. Some of these pauses last for 15 seconds. There's a full 1 second pause before dialogue windows start, this is INSANITY.

Every click feels sooooo slow in this game because of all these pauses built into every action.

View attachment 2695529

View attachment 2695532

View attachment 2695528
B-BUT M-MUH SSSSSSS-SUSPEN-SIONNNNNNNN

buff

May 29, 2017

View attachment 2695529

View attachment 2695532

View attachment 2695528
If you don't mind getting your hand dirty, I did something like this in the relevant folders (will work on Mac or Linux, there is probably a similar way in Win):

Bash:
perl -pi -e 's/\bpause\s+\d+(\.\d+)?\b/pause 0.05/g' *rpy
That shortened the pause to 50 millis, which is enough you can tell there is a pause there and you still get some of the atmosphere, but far less infuriating. I don't consider the game playable without making a change like that.

There are a few pauses that actually affect the narrative pacing (like I suspect that 8+ sceond monster on line 306 is doing something dramatic), you can change the first "\d" to "[0-5]" if you want to leave the longer pauses alone.

29fastly

May 23, 2018
Edit: Welp, Buff beat me to the punch *and* has example code.

View attachment 2695529

View attachment 2695532

View attachment 2695528
I think Notepad++ has a scripting system robust enough to do that. If I remember correctly, they even support regex, so you could just set the script loose and have is replace every "pause x.xx" with "pause 0.01", just by telling it to replace whatever comes after the pause.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
If you don't mind getting your hand dirty, I did something like this in the relevant folders (will work on Mac or Linux, there is probably a similar way in Win):

Bash:
perl -pi -e 's/\bpause\s+\d+(\.\d+)?\b/pause 0.05/g' *rpy
That shortened the pause to 50 millis, which is enough you can tell there is a pause there and you still get some of the atmosphere, but far less infuriating. I don't consider the game playable without making a change like that.

There are a few pauses that actually affect the narrative pacing (like I suspect that 8+ sceond monster on line 306 is doing something dramatic), you can change the first "\d" to "[0-5]" if you want to leave the longer pauses alone.
This looks optimistic. Anyone able to get this working in Windows?

I decompiled the .rpa's with the latest Unren to .rpy's but I see 260 "COULD NOT DECOMPILE" errors so I have a concern running the .rpy's over the .rpa's will cause errors.
1686699715319.png

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Ok, I see the romance tag. Can the MC get it done with all the LIs, with any, or does it not refer to the MC's relationship with the LIs at all?
Khan

I'm going to assume that romance is basically non-existent.

So I wish you luck with the game.

anon513

Apr 24, 2017
I'm going to assume that romance is basically non-existent.
Worse, at some point mid plot you get to pick one of the girls as your 'waifu'. Then shortly after, without any relationship built up, she will disappear never to be seen again (at least 3 years of development passed since, no info). And since the MC and every side character here is obnoxiously horny, you'll keep reading lots of innuendo 'jokes' and 'flirting' with the rest of Hogwarts and watching unavoidable scenes.
The devs keep adding more to the convoluted plot, puzzles, side content and scenes with side characters. Minerva alone got 3 now I think, vampire girl, elf maid, etc.

I mean I guess this is what patrons want since their numbers aren't shrinking. Can't wait for a scene with this thing next.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Worse, at some point mid plot you get to pick one of the girls as your 'waifu'. Then shortly after, without any relationship built up, she will disappear never to be seen again (at least 3 years of development passed since, no info). And since the MC and every side character here is obnoxiously horny, you'll keep reading lots of innuendo 'jokes' and 'flirting' with the rest of Hogwarts and watching unavoidable scenes.
The devs keep adding more to the convoluted plot, puzzles, side content and scenes with side characters. Minerva alone got 3 now I think, vampire girl, elf maid, etc.

I mean I guess this is what patrons want since their numbers aren't shrinking. Can't wait for a scene with this thing next.
If that's what they want, then I guess that's fine. It isn't what I'm looking for, so for my part I have nothing more to say in the thread.

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes