JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
I mean I guess this is what patrons want since their numbers aren't shrinking. Can't wait for a scene with this thing next.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like to be creatively challenged with new ideas, this one will definitely take our game to the next level. Thank you for the suggestion. :PogChamp:

• Haha
Reactions: lordtoto and pigg

grbt420

Dec 17, 2017
what the hell happens between chapter 4 and 5 on the old path? apparently I've seen daphne naked now, some ghost wants to talk about susan, and snape gave me sleeping pills but the game was completely on rails until this point and none of that happened. then it gives me a skill check to peek on daphne that I pass and the game just says "nah"?

Moedoe

Jul 13, 2019
Hey Guys, has anybody an idea who is the girl in the bottom right corner? Just a random girl or another side girl in the future?
We can see Ginny, Parvati and Nola. I guess the prefects are in the fog.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Hey Guys, has anybody an idea who is the girl in the bottom right corner? Just a random girl or another side girl in the future?
We can see Ginny, Parvati and Nola. I guess the prefects are in the fog.
Cho

Reactions: Moedoe

TheBoss756

May 5, 2022
i still dont get how to do the cheat code thing can someone explain i am getting blanks here
When you download the game, there should be a text file in the folder with the game folder called "Code for unlocking memories". In the file there should be instructions and a new code for activating cheats. Copy the code and then in the folder with the .exe file for the game, create a new file (I just did a .txt file) and name it the code you copied.

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
My latest review:

The artwork and animation are phenomenal and Sad Crab does some great coding that bring a lot of life to environments. The game has so much potential yet here we are 7 years later and the story is still a complete mess.

The story is still nonsensical and unfocused. I've played this 5 times in as many years yet the story is still disjointed and poorly paced. Sad Crab made good progress ripping out MCs long diatribes that plagued the game the first 4 years yet the rest of the story line remains incoherent. If the visual artwork is 10/10 the written artwork is lucky at a 3 or 4 out of 10. Maybe Chat-GPT can help them.

This is not a corruption game or a romance game. MC doesn't really corrupt anyone like in Witch Trainer. Any fans of that game are unlikely to find many similarities here beyond the character names.

One of the biggest faux pas this game engages in is intentionally wasting the players time. There are 4 hours of "pauses" built into the game, Sad Crab is trying to one up Hideo Kojima for non-skipable content. A "pause" is coding command to tell the program to stop processing any code and not accept any input. Every time MC starts a conversation the program halts for 1 second before displaying the dialogue box then the conversation will be interspersed with 50 other pauses, some as long as 15 seconds. The result is incredibly stilted conversation and user interface, the user can't simply click to the next line of dialogue when they are ready instead they have to wait for the forced pacing. It's mandated frustration which Sad Crab believe is mandated enjoyment, they are wrong.

Constructive steps for Sad Crab:
1. Remove the extraneous pauses, google UI responsiveness guidelines
2. Remove the black screens interspersed into animations. You don't see this in any good animation why do you think it's a good idea? It breaks up the animation.
3. Go play Witch Trainer, the original one, and take away some lessons in streamlined UI, character interaction and character development, it was successful because it got so much right. This games failing isn't that it's not Witch Trainer, it's that it's the extraneous nonsense in the game. Nia is a great example of this wasted developer time, there's an entire character with wardrobe changes that has nothing to do with the game or story, nice but irrelevant and distracting. Witch Trainer on the other hand is lazer focused and sticks to a simple interaction loop, the MC pushes Hermione to do something outside her comfort zone, she pushes back then relents multiplied by a hundred corruption events. Sad Crab get this somewhat right with Susan Bones and cake baking but the user experience completing the quest is clunky instead of enjoyable.
4. Devs play this game yourself without DEV mode enabled, seriously actually play it from start to finish yourselves instead of just testing the latest content. You will see the pain points.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
1686785034612.png

Those are base values for pauses. No one even directed a comment at us to ask about it, I don't know what the intent is here, but it doesn't seem to be having a discussion with developers.

Also, if that's how you guys do things, just make up metrics about the game and measure us by it.... we can't fix that.

(FYI, the guy who demanded this bar was me, I hate pauses)

Last edited:

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Constructive steps for Sad Crab:
1. Remove the extraneous pauses, google UI responsiveness guidelines
2. Remove the black screens interspersed into animations. You don't see this in any good animation why do you think it's a good idea? It breaks up the animation.
3. Go play Witch Trainer, the original one, and take away some lessons in streamlined UI, character interaction and character development, it was successful because it got so much right. This games failing isn't that it's not Witch Trainer, it's that it's the extraneous nonsense in the game. Nia is a great example of this wasted developer time, there's an entire character with wardrobe changes that has nothing to do with the game or story, nice but irrelevant and distracting. Witch Trainer on the other hand is lazer focused and sticks to a simple interaction loop, the MC pushes Hermione to do something outside her comfort zone, she pushes back then relents multiplied by a hundred corruption events. Sad Crab get this somewhat right with Susan Bones and cake baking but the user experience completing the quest is clunky instead of enjoyable.
4. Devs play this game yourself without DEV mode enabled, seriously actually play it from start to finish yourselves instead of just testing the latest content. You will see the pain points.
1) Not constructive, rude at best
2) You also don't know what it hides when layers transition in Renpy by the looks of it, which is alluded to by your suggestion or we simply would.
3) Peculiar things to recommend to the developer who obv cloned Witch Trainer, like we never knew of it.
4) Again, not constructive, rude at best.

I read your complaints and your concept of constructive feedback was not to par. However, you really brought it back by impressing me with your suggestion to use chatGPT. On top of Renpy expertise you have AI expertise! Let me just say, hat's off to you!

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
1) Not constructive, rude at best
2) You also don't know what it hides when layers transition in Renpy by the looks of it, which is alluded to by your suggestion or we simply would.
3) Peculiar things to recommend to the developer who obv cloned Witch Trainer, like we never knew of it.
4) Again, not constructive, rude at best.

I read your complaints and your concept of constructive feedback was not to par. However, you really brought it back by impressing me with your suggestion to use chatGPT. On top of Renpy expertise you have AI expertise! Let me just say, hat's off to you!
I have this on the fastest setting, it's painfully slowwwwwwwwwwww. Please continue to ignore all constructive feedback, it's practically a trademark of Sad Crab interaction at this point. This is obviously a perfect game and every player who's provided feedback is simply a moron not worthy of the glory you've provided the world.

1686790651805.png

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes