Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Exactly this. We don't know for certain how much time they spent developing it before release, but based on the timing of Witch Trainer scaling down, it can't have been long at all. But even if we give them the entirety of the benefit of doubt, that means in the last 7 years they've basically completed what we see now as the "new plot," which is scant on content in even the most generous of the definition of "content."

It's funny you bring up Selebus, because that was the game that made me realize just how slow Sad Crab's development was. I realize it's almost not fair to compare to Selebus, since he is the platinum standard at this point, but experiencing his game showed me there were more reliable games out there. While none of those other games are on the level of Selebus, they offer more than 2 new frames every month.

I was team "20-dollar monthly subscriber" on Sad Crab forever, but legit, every time I checked in on the game there was nothing new outside of a redone scene or Live2D remake (which is something even a person with my shitty coding/assets experience can get done in a 1-3 days, solo).

They're absolutely milking it. And you know...that's fine, I appreciate the hustle. But they can't pretend like they're not milking it--the Patreon hentai maker hustle is starting to unravel.
Any proof of 1-3 days live2d animation that you can made and a proof that you support us like 20$ subscriber "forever "?

meowsasuke

Dec 27, 2017
I’m a technical gameplay designer. i Work in UE5 everyday. It takes me about 3-4 days to implement one gameplay feature in code. These features typically include world querying algorithm, gameplay animations systems using distance matching, motion warping, anim curves implementations, parkour systems and character controllers.
What this game is doing is no where close to the complexity of an actual 3d game. And there’s absolutely no way in hell it takes them this long to push out updates. They are 100% milking it. And I don’t blame the devs. If I were in their position I would mike it too. It’s the idiots that keep paying them.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
I’m a technical gameplay designer. i Work in UE5 everyday. It takes me about 3-4 days to implement one gameplay feature in code. These features typically include world querying algorithm, gameplay animations systems using distance matching, motion warping, anim curves implementations, parkour systems and character controllers.
What this game is doing is no where close to the complexity of an actual 3d game. And there’s absolutely no way in hell it takes them this long to push out updates. They are 100% milking it. And I don’t blame the devs. If I were in their position I would mike it too. It’s the idiots that keep paying them.
Sure, you are right, because we have one code language and engine like you have, and you write scenario, text, all art and code of course
All the same, like you said :D

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Same empty contentless updates every release, kek.
Yeah, I tried to explain all over again every update, so I really don't care what haters said, all most of all questions are already answered (you can check my posts). If there is a bug, or interesting question, idea and etc - I'll be happy to answer

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
Any proof of 1-3 days live2d animation that you can made and a proof that you support us like 20$ subscriber "forever "?
I'm not doxxing myself just because you can't handle feedback. You made some static pictures wiggle; it's not hard bro.

You started a good game, so props on that, but you and your team are delusional if you think the content updates are anywhere near worthwhile or reasonable. There are solo-developers pumping out more content of higher quality than this; this just isn't acceptable work product.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023
Exactly this. We don't know for certain how much time they spent developing it before release, but based on the timing of Witch Trainer scaling down, it can't have been long at all. But even if we give them the entirety of the benefit of doubt, that means in the last 7 years they've basically completed what we see now as the "new plot," which is scant on content in even the most generous of the definition of "content."

It's funny you bring up Selebus, because that was the game that made me realize just how slow Sad Crab's development was. I realize it's almost not fair to compare to Selebus, since he is the platinum standard at this point, but experiencing his game showed me there were more reliable games out there. While none of those other games are on the level of Selebus, they offer more than 2 new frames every month.

I was team "20-dollar monthly subscriber" on Sad Crab forever, but legit, every time I checked in on the game there was nothing new outside of a redone scene or Live2D remake (which is something even a person with my shitty coding/assets experience can get done in a 1-3 days, solo).

They're absolutely milking it. And you know...that's fine, I appreciate the hustle. But they can't pretend like they're not milking it--the Patreon hentai maker hustle is starting to unravel.
That's exactly why I brought up Selebus in particular, the consistency and non stop high quality releases are borderline genius, one of the very few worth supporting these days.

There's one thing that bugs me though, when Lessons in love was a new game, Selebus was happy to share his game here because he didn't have a following and it was a good way to get new players, then, when the game got big enough, he suddenly didn't want f95 to post his game for free anymore (which is hipocritical), they got into an argument over it and he ended up getting banned from the site.
The reason why I am bringing this up is because for some reason, F95 is actually putting up with this Khan guy and not allowing the latest updates to be posted in this forum, why? What Khan is doing is arguably ten times worse than anything Selebus ever did, not only he's pretending that a monthly naked scribble of hermione is worthy of a patreon suscription, he's actively gaslighting any supporters questioning the lack of content and then having the snarl to antagonize all his "haters" for their valid criticisms. He is using this forum to hunt for more wallets and (as far as I know) f95 doesn't gain anything from it, so why put up this this charade?

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
That's exactly why I brought up Selebus in particular, the consistency and non stop high quality releases are borderline genius, one of the very few worth supporting these days.

There's one thing that bugs me though, when Lessons in love was a new game, Selebus was happy to share his game here because he didn't have a following and it was a good way to get new players, then, when the game got big enough, he suddenly didn't want f95 to post his game for free anymore (which is hipocritical), they got into an argument over it and he ended up getting banned from the site.
The reason why I am bringing this up is because for some reason, F95 is actually putting up with this Khan guy and not allowing the latest updates to be posted in this forum, why? What Khan is doing is arguably ten times worse than anything Selebus ever did, not only he's pretending that a monthly naked scribble of hermione is worthy of a patreon suscription, he's actively gaslighting any supporters questioning the lack of content and then having the snarl to antagonize all his "haters" for their valid criticisms. He is using this forum to hunt for more wallets and (as far as I know) f95 doesn't gain anything from it, so why put up this this charade?
okay, chill with the Selebus praise. That game has the opposite problem this one does. If this is a game that puts out too little content and milks time, LiL errs on the opposite end of the spectrum and spews out mountains of word diarrhea that is 98% self indulgent, naval gazing, nothing. For every update there is maybe a paragraph of useful dialogue and a novel of crap. Not to mention it’s a koiketsu, or whatever it’s called, 3D engine game and he can’t even be assed to animate the maybe one sex scene per update in a tool built for animated sex scenes.

seriously, people complain about this game having too much dialogue and not enough payoff… that’s the fucking premise of LiL

at least pick a game with decent drawn art that updates regularly…

Edit:
Also also, Selebus put malicious code that deletes player saves of people who pirate it. So no, this game has never done anything remotely as egregious as Selebus.

Last edited:

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018

I didn't know that whole story with Selebus, but it's weird to hear how something like that came to a head since Lessons in Love releases an updated public version VERY shortly after the paid-version. It's possible Sad Crab just hasn't pinged the mods radar yet--there are a LOT of subscription-based hentai games out now.

And, realtalk: I'm a little sad how good Lessons in Love's story is, because I want to share it with all my friends but I can't for the obvious reasons, lol.

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
okay, chill with the Selebus praise. That game has the opposite problem this one does. If this is a game that puts out too little content and milks time, LiL errs on the opposite end of the spectrum and spews out mountains of word diarrhea that is 98% self indulgent, naval gazing, nothing. For every update there is maybe a paragraph of useful dialogue and a novel of crap. Not to mention it’s a koiketsu, or whatever it’s called, 3D engine game and he can’t even be assed to animate the maybe one sex scene per update in a tool built for animated sex scenes.

seriously, people complain about this game having too much dialogue and not enough payoff… that’s the fucking premise of LiL

Oh yeah, it's absolutely way too wordy. Some people like that; I can appreciate it if I'm in the right mindset. I personally am a huge fan of the actual plot, but I think the fluff and delayed build-up has gotten way worse in the last year. It's all the worse considering how infrequent the H-scenes have become.

I still think Selebus is a good comparison because it demonstrates how absurdly large amounts of content can be generated by a SINGLE person (and come on, it's not as bad of content as you're making it out to be, lol), while Sad Crab supposedly has an entire team working on Innocent Witches and are doing almost nothing. I mean, it's embarrassingly scant in the updates.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Oh yeah, it's absolutely way too wordy. Some people like that; I can appreciate it if I'm in the right mindset. I personally am a huge fan of the actual plot, but I think the fluff and delayed build-up has gotten way worse in the last year. It's all the worse considering how infrequent the H-scenes have become.

I still think Selebus is a good comparison because it demonstrates how absurdly large amounts of content can be generated by a SINGLE person (and come on, it's not as bad of content as you're making it out to be, lol), while Sad Crab supposedly has an entire team working on Innocent Witches and are doing almost nothing. I mean, it's embarrassingly scant in the updates.
he went into a detailed description of the myriad of different ways you can make coffee. It is as bad as I say. I play the game but it’s one of the few I don’t look forward to, I wait multiple releases and even when I do play it I get so bored I’ve literally fallen asleep. Content for the sake of content is not good. At least if this game ever gets towards completion it will be worth playing because the game itself isn’t actively wasting mountains of time (assuming the new story works out, the old one suffered from this too)

He also added code that deletes saves of people who pirate. He’s not a good example.

If you’re going to use 3D games, then something like Eternum is a better model. The story telling is fun and engaging, it’s not too bloated. Updates are regular, he actually puts effort into the visuals. It’s not trying to be pretentiously profound like LiL, but it’s a fun game.

DarthMalguss

Aug 7, 2019

I'll say more. They try to erase as much as possible the version of the game released bypassing Patreon, wherever they can get their hands on. So that, God forbid, the Sad Crabs do not lose an extra 50 cents.:HideThePain:

irishlpn

Dec 1, 2017
Is anyone else having a bug with getting the elder wand? i wanted to do a new play through and i can;t opne the drawers after getting the clue from the mirror. just dialogue about fancy furniture

Oct 1, 2023

Edit:
Also also, Selebus put malicious code that deletes player saves of people who pirate it. So no, this game has never done anything remotely as egregious as Selebus.
You're absolutely right with everything you've said. I also dislike how this guy thinks everyone unorinically going to do these retarded puzzles at the end of a chapter which have no obvious ways of solving them and you can't even ask for a hint or you're banned, like does this guy actually think I am going to re-read 60 pages of text? you don't even know where to look and what to look for, and I am obviously not going to remember every single small detail which is something he expects me to do.
I do however like the storytelling style of "word diarrhea" as you described it, but I can totally understand why you and many others don't, it's a valid criticism but in my eyes it's just the game's own charm.
I completely forgot about the fact that LiL tries their hardest to make sure nobody ever dares pirate their stuff like Innocent Witches, both devs are cunts after all.
I guess the only reason I'd defend LiL is because I am biased and like the game too much, and you know, there's also actual work being put into the game, whether someone likes said work or no (unlike this game).

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
You're absolutely right with everything you've said. I also dislike how this guy thinks everyone unorinically going to do these retarded puzzles at the end of a chapter which have no obvious ways of solving them and you can't even ask for a hint or you're banned, like does this guy actually think I am going to re-read 60 pages of text? you don't even know where to look and what to look for, and I am obviously not going to remember every single small detail which is something he expects me to do.
I do however like the storytelling style of "word diarrhea" as you described it, but I can totally understand why you and many others don't, it's a valid criticism but in my eyes it's just the game's own charm.
I completely forgot about the fact that LiL tries their hardest to make sure nobody ever dares pirate their stuff like Innocent Witches, both devs are cunts after all.
I guess the only reason I'd defend LiL is because I am biased and like the game too much, and you know, there's also actual work being put into the game, whether someone likes said work or no (unlike this game).
The benefit of LiL is the only thing Sel is really good at is pumping out unfathomable word counts per update. The actual game itself is as simple as can possibly be (and why I think it looks like he does so much more than others, when others are actually trying to make some form of gameplay that takes effort and debugging etc. ). So, when he does the horrible puzzles, just open the code using something like notepad++, find the section that has that particular puzzle, and it's usually very easy to work out how to get through it. Seriously, the most complicated code in that whole game is an if/then statement.

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes