Rafterburner

Nov 27, 2019
There's no need to put that splash page in a spoiler wrapper because the teasers and splash pages are way sexier than 95% of the game and none of that content is in the actual game.

Sad Crab has a good art team, but apart from side quests, their ability to generate a consistent story arc from start to finish is woefully lacking. It's hard to believe the game has been this many years in development and has undergone so many major story arc rewrites, and we still find abrupt lack of continuity mid-story, with explanations of "we're working on it!" It's obvious that endless "proposed story ideas" are crippling this project.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It is incomprehensible to me why the writing is wishy-washy when it comes to perversions. I am a perverse person and I enjoy perversion. Some of the Sad Crab writers are clearly like me in that regard. Other Sad Crab writers seem to be ashamed or harshly critical of perversity, which makes me wonder why they are even working on this game. Does Sad Crab understand the market for their game, or not?

I think highly of the Sad Crab graphics team, but the story editors need much more cohesion and a clearer overarching vision of what this game is supposed to be. Just because there are an endless array of storyline possibilities does not mean you can hold the attention of an audience while trying, unsuccessfully, to explore them all. Even if you can show pretty pictures of the ideas you have, you cannot tell all the possible stories and also make a game that is playable.

I really do hope Sad Crab can tighten it up and get this story moving somewhere.

InaayahRivers

Dec 11, 2020
I firstly downloaded this game before COVID in autumn 2019, it was quite interesting though.
Now almost 2024. After 4 years, the game itself almost exactly the same. Only difference - they duplicated story line in two and now working x2 slower on both stories. Looks like they're planning to finish this game in 2030 at best.

InaayahRivers

Dec 11, 2020
It is incomprehensible to me why the writing is wishy-washy when it comes to perversions.
Because they are not Akabur, who was and probably are true master of pervert games, Crabs took his assets, copied his art style, but they are unable to copy writing, that why the IW game feels super boring if compare to Princess/Witch trainers and Channel 34.

HeartBroker

Jul 20, 2018
These aren’t the only options. There is the very obvious 3rd path, they continue to plug away for years and rake in quite a lot of money and troll people who desperately want them to fail on an Internet forum. And I gotta say, it looks like they’re winning.
That is absolutely what will happen. Almost all of these games have the same production process: lots a good content and updates, then eventually they find that production cycle sweet spot of the absolute least amount of effort without losing many subscribers. I think IW found theirs a few years ago with their "reboot" production cycle, and I'm realizing LiL found it about 6 months ago with their "20 events, but only one is even remotely sexual" production cycle. A few others I've seen just make a new game in the middle of making their current one, and slowly move over to focusing on the new one if it has more subscribers.

The problem in this industry boils down to the same problem we see with microtransaction games: impulse-control issues by consumers rewards lazy development cycles.

bradstev

May 13, 2018
How in god's name do I read Ginny's diary. I have it in the invent but I click on it and nothing, I drag it to chair/desk/fire/window/door/whatever nothing. How the hell do I read it then?

JayBee

Sep 13, 2017
Their decision to use the "new plot" to cover the significant decline in content was true genius.

How long have they been merging the two plots? It's been so long I'd have to do actual research to determine because I literally can't remember.
And then they had the even more genius move to introduce new characters that absolutely no one asked for. Parvati, the fairies, the elf maid, etc. Their "updates" have been well-worded covers for how little progress they're making too. I was a patreon off and on for a while too....

Reactions: ViktorShahter

ViktorShahter

Mar 19, 2019
Does Sad Crab understand the market for their game, or not?
I tried this game first in 2018 or 19 while being sick and I remember that I downloaded it only because of cool art style. I just wanted to fap on sexy scenes in very good quality. When I saw a shitton of text I was like "I ain't reading all that". After some time (I think that was 2020 or 21) I played it once again while reading most if not all text there out of boredom.

You know what? This game sucked and still sucks in both. They have good art quality but lack of content. Doesn't matter how good artists are, if they're not producing content that fills the needs then it's useless waste of time. Writing was and still is shit(-ish). I can see that this game is staying smooth and quite logical w/o "and then he fucked each girl in universe" but severe lack of planning led them to this situation where they can't understand where story should be going. Always write your fucking story from end so you won't end up in situation "wait it's not going the way we planned".

But instead of actually solving problems they're fine with them. They still receive a shitton of money so no need to change or try anything. Deadlines are loose term for them, they probably not even arguing about story at this point, they just sitting there and be like "well, we'll solve our writing problems some day" while milking pockets of loyal (blind and stupid) fans.

They need to be punished by lack of money and realize that ANY story is better than perfect story (that no one will actually write because this shit is subjective) so they'll start to writing whatever just to meet deadlines with finished updates.

Rafterburner

Nov 27, 2019
How long have they been merging the two plots? It's been so long I'd have to do actual research to determine because I literally can't remember.
They had two disconnected plots they were "trying to merge" in what they now call "The Old Plot" and now they have at least two disconnected plots they are claiming they are "trying to merge" in the "New Plot".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I closed the game, sighed, and kicked myself in the ass for hoping for anything different.

It's a real shame, too. So much potential, so little actual result. They could have released five sequels on the same theme by now, instead, nothing is ever actually finished.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
One thing you will never truly be able to slag Innocent Witches for is the artwork, especially the backgrounds. Proportions and anatomy get pretty fucky sometimes but for the most part the artwork is extremely consistent. Unfortunately when I say "one thing" I mean literally that is the only thing it does well. Sad Crab lets their artist down more consistently than any other "developer" that uses patreon.

Ferr34

Dec 19, 2017
One thing you will never truly be able to slag Innocent Witches for is the artwork, especially the backgrounds. Proportions and anatomy get pretty fucky sometimes but for the most part the artwork is extremely consistent. Unfortunately when I say "one thing" I mean literally that is the only thing it does well. Sad Crab lets their artist down more consistently than any other "developer" that uses patreon.
is everything really that bad?... I mean, they earn about ~22000 dolllars each month... that's quite a lot

Last edited:

ViktorShahter

Mar 19, 2019
is everything really that bad?... I mean, they earn about ~22000 dolllars each month... that's quite a lot
Bad? Nope. Obviously this game is awesome. For developers. And some bunch of braindead kids who continue to pay for nothing.
One thing you will never truly be able to slag Innocent Witches for is the artwork,
Lately they started to release more arts that are different from old ones. Overall look is kinda different. While it's hard to draw same fucking face from different POVs, it was done better back in the days.

drea2

Sep 21, 2019
Yeah, it's so bad that following the progress is really funny.
Aside from wasting 1 afternoon to get like 1 blowjob dans 1 sex scene with the main girls, it's not worth it. And if you want a good HP fanfic I don't think that is what Internet is missing currently.
There is a lot of bad games on this website, with 1 update every 6 months whilem ilking Patreons. But thiis one is the only one that can take years of minor updates while getting more and more money.

Ferr34

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah, it's so bad that following the progress is really funny.
Aside from wasting 1 afternoon to get like 1 blowjob dans 1 sex scene with the main girls, it's not worth it. And if you want a good HP fanfic I don't think that is what Internet is missing currently.
There is a lot of bad games on this website, with 1 update every 6 months whilem ilking Patreons. But thiis one is the only one that can take years of minor updates while getting more and more money.
nah, I'm fine with HP and the methods of rationality
that's sad, man

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 321 Votes